Crabcake47

2017 MLB Postseason Thread

ozzyman314    59

I wonder how the weather will impact both AL divisional games tomorrow, with Hurricane Nate set to pass through both New York & Boston. 

New York will probably be fine since they play primetime. But Boston could be in trouble depending on exactly when the storm hits (latest reports have it start around 12am). 

Having to postpone Game 4 would have huge implications, especially for the Red Sox. They would have Pom and/or Sale ready to go on full rest. 

1 hour ago, ozzyman314 said:

I wonder how the weather will impact both AL divisional games tomorrow, with Hurricane Nate set to pass through both New York & Boston. 

New York will probably be fine since they play primetime. But Boston could be in trouble depending on exactly when the storm hits (latest reports have it start around 12am). 

Having to postpone Game 4 would have huge implications, especially for the Red Sox. They would have Pom and/or Sale ready to go on full rest. 

Love the code lyoko pfp 

VDizzle12    261

Last night's game really feels deflating for the Indians. Maybe because the hitting was absolutely horrible, but I actually think the Yankees are going to end up winning the next two. 

Bucfan56    3,857

The Astros are IDIOTS. Bring in Verlander with the lead and he gives up a 2 run bomb. They deserve to lose this series. 

FinsUp1214    1,843
30 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

The Astros are IDIOTS. Bring in Verlander with the lead and he gives up a 2 run bomb. They deserve to lose this series. 

Yeah, I was baffled at that too. Way too much risk. That essentially scratches off Verlander for game 5 and puts on Keuchel or somebody else with short rest.

Theyd better hope they wake up and win this thing, or they’re in big trouble. 

ozzyman314    59
6 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Last night's game really feels deflating for the Indians. Maybe because the hitting was absolutely horrible, but I actually think the Yankees are going to end up winning the next two. 

Could be worse. At least they blew that 8-3 lead in game 2. 

Otherwise Yankees would be leading the series 2-1 with a chance to clinch tonight at home.  *shudders*

VDizzle12    261
12 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Could be worse. At least they blew that 8-3 lead in game 2. 

Otherwise Yankees would be leading the series 2-1 with a chance to clinch tonight at home.  *shudders*

Very true. The series is one bad call away from being 2-1 Yankees. 

Unfortunately that's the MLB postseason.

Crabcake47    418

The Astros are through!  Now if Cleveland can get its crap together tonight I will legitimately not care who goes through.  Even the Dodgers, who would be third in "Teams I Don't Want to Win the World Series," haven't won since '88, so I'll give them a pass this time.

Alex Houston    187

Good for the Astros. Always nice to see some fresh blood get back deep into the postseason.

Also, why does Frank Thomas need to smile all the dang time when they show him and the rest of the Ready For Prime Time Former Big Leaguers? I mean, it's like a cheshire cat thing going on.

ozzyman314    59

Welp.....at least they didn't get swept this time, and managed to keep the 2 home games competitive. 

Good luck to the Astros, they're going to need it no matter who they face. 

Like I said, it would be interesting seeing them be the first team to have won both a National League & American League pennant. 

The Six    490

People get so wrapped up in the Red Sox hate that they've forgotten that the Yankees are the true and sole evil of MLB. There will be no peace in these playoffs until they are vanquished.

Bucfan56    3,857
8 minutes ago, The Six said:

People get so wrapped up in the Red Sox hate that they've forgotten that the Yankees are the true and sole evil of MLB. There will be no peace in these playoffs until they are vanquished.

Honestly? Yankees > Red Sox. Yankees fans are really insufferable, but Red Sox fans are the absolute WORST. 

masterchaoss    89
4 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Honestly? Yankees > Red Sox. Yankees fans are really insufferable, but Boston fans are the absolute WORST. 

Fixed that for you. Every Boston team has a good awful fanbase.

Bucfan56    3,857

True. 

The Six    490
18 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Honestly? Yankees > Red Sox. Yankees fans are really insufferable, but Red Sox fans are the absolute WORST. 

I don't care about fans. I'm talking about the organizations.

Bucfan56    3,857

I'm still with the Yankees more than the Sox on that one. 

Brass    1,635

Meh. Didn't expect anything from the series. Astros were the better team and cool to see what they've accomplished given how horrible their past decade was. Good luck to them.

I'm also disappointed that the Red Sox could not sell this game out. Serves management right, and most of Boston for the matter, for driving the average fan away in exchange for corporations and businessmen coming in.

CS85    5,402

Dusty Baker doing Dusty Baker things.  I will take it.