Crabcake47

2017 MLB Postseason Thread

the admiral    10,632
16 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Dusty Baker doing Dusty Baker things.  I will take it.  

Dusty Baker is a dope for sure, but unlike other managers who are, how you say, strategically disinclined, at least no one thinks his glasses make him smart.

CS85    5,387
Just now, the admiral said:

Dusty Baker is a dope for sure, but unlike other managers who are, how you say, strategically disinclined, at least no one thinks his glasses make him smart.

To be fair, Maddon left Hendricks in an extra inning for game 1 and hasn't double-dipped on Davis yet.

Yet.  

Alex Houston    187

Rizzo bails out his team again as Washington wastes a solid performance from Scherzer. I'd like to think things could be different this time around but I expect the Nats to promptly be sent packing and the new hope falls with LA. This was Washingtons winnable road game and it slipped through their two left hands.

Though I'm not going to lie, I want my candy corn Astros back. The starred H feels safe and boring.

Crabcake47    415

I'm not gonna lie, I've got a sickening feeling that the Yankees are gonna pull this series out of their butts. 

FinsUp1214    1,838

Oh gosh, not a Yankees run.

az616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=684&h=681ac3675

McCarthy    6,842

Thoughts

- I have some personal stake in the Indians winning it all this year so I'm actually rooting for them and this is giving me 2012 NLDS PTSD flashbacks. The Indians themselves may be dealing with some World Series PTSD. This is different, though, I'll take Corey Kluber over CC Sabathia in Game 5. Indians 4 Yankees 2

- Hi, Boston. Literally everyone I know is glad you lost. STFU and go away for like 30 years. 

- I think this is the Dodgers' year. 

- I will never be able to take the Nationals seriously in the regular season as long as they're going to continue to be such playoff goobers. They're the baseball Capitals and it's cruel that the same city has to deal with both. You need to move on from Dusty Baker today. I'm serious. Fire him now before he can botch a game 5 for you. 

the admiral    10,632

Dusty Baker sat with his thumb up his ass while Mark Prior melted down but pulls Max Scherzer at the slightest sign of pressure. They don't average out in the end, pal.

SFGiants58    2,067
22 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Dusty Baker sat with his thumb up his ass while Mark Prior melted down but pulls Max Scherzer at the slightest sign of pressure. They don't average out in the end, pal.

I wish the Cubs brought out Wood and Prior to throw first pitches against the Nats.

the admiral    10,632

Kerry Wood is a team mascot nowadays but I don't know what in the world happened to Mark Prior.

Anyway, sure hope it doesn't rain today but we have some pretty ominous skies already.

LMU    3,135

The D-Backs actually had freaking mounted police protect the pool from another Dodgers clinch celebration.

DLwkLBdU8AEQwjc.jpg

14 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Well hopefully the Astros can beat the Yanks in the ALCS...

You have Kluber going in Game 5 at home. This is exactly the way it should've set up. You didn't expect the Yankees to be a walkover, right?

Ice_Cap    7,765
2 hours ago, LMU said:

The D-Backs actually had freaking mounted police protect the pool from another Dodgers clinch celebration.

DLwkLBdU8AEQwjc.jpg

That’s so Arizona...

Gary.    302
2 hours ago, LMU said:

DLwkLBdU8AEQwjc.jpg

Can’t blame them, that isn’t the Dodgers pool. 

NDFreek    63

I have class during the Cubs/Nats game today. Looks like I'm losing attendance points. 

cmm    355
19 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Honestly? Yankees > Red Sox. Yankees fans are really insufferable, but Red Sox fans are the absolute WORST. 

Incorrect.