2018 MLB Hot Stove Season

buzzcut

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Although partial damage of UCL in deep layer of his right UCL exists,” the report said, “ … he is able to continue full baseball participation with sufficient elbow care program.”

Ohtani, the report said, “will be most likely available to start his throwing program approximately a month from the PRP.”

Right now it's just a grade 1 sprain and is able to pitch. He might need TJ in the future, he might not. We don't know, that's pretty much it.

Also all the teams knew about this prior/during his posting but still tried to get him and the Angels GM has since come out (after this report) and said they were pleased with the results after multiple MRI's.

IEI5Tg1.png

On 12/11/2017 at 8:48 PM, Bucfan56 said:

I bet the Yankees STILL don't win a title with Stanton. Don't get me wrong, this was a downright terrible trade for the Marlins and they might as well just contract them at this point. But, I'm still not sold on Aaron Judge's future keeping up this pace (look at his strikeout numbers. Even with the homers it was still, like, historically bad), and I kinda get this hunch that Stanton won't stay healthy. 

The Yankees have tried this kind of stuff before and found it didn't really work out that well in terms of expectations. 

But yeah, :censored: the Marlins. I'd take the Cleveland Browns over that joke of a baseball team at this point. 

Jeter would rather see his team lose every game and watch his Yankees get the #1 HR hitter in baseball.

He is running a scheme in Miami. He paid for about 2% percent of marlin shares.
Jeter's salary for being part of the Marlins? . $5mn per year for 5 years.

Should the Yanks win the World Series during the span of the Stanton contract, Jeter should be riding a float in the parade.

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

maybe the owners should try to get the union to agree to ban no-trade clauses from future contracts.

Isn't this just saving owners from themselves?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ohtani’s UCL is nothing to worry about. Every pitcher has structural damage in their elbow and every team saw his medicals and no one backed away. 

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

5 hours ago, FGM13 said:

Ohtani’s UCL is nothing to worry about. Every pitcher has structural damage in their elbow and every team saw his medicals and no one backed away. 

Being a long-term investment, he would still be worth the artifically meager price MLB owners colluded towards paying him anyway.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

Isn't this just saving owners from themselves?

And? Sometimes it’s for the good of the game. If one owner decides to take a hard line on it, there will be others that don’t, and the owner who tries to do the right thing won’t get the great players

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

And? Sometimes it’s for the good of the game. If one owner decides to take a hard line on it, there will be others that don’t, and the owner who tries to do the right thing won’t get the great players

Owners are scum and deserve nothing

You know what would be for the good of the game? If more than 5 or 6 teams were actually trying to win and not just turn a profit

1zgyd8w.jpg

15 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Who’s Carlos Santana?

The best free agent 1B available, but I don’t know why the hell they signed him with Rhys Hoskins at first base.

15 minutes ago, FGM13 said:

The best free agent 1B available, but I don’t know why the hell they signed him with Rhys Hoskins at first base.

He's the "best available", but is he good?  I just looked at his numbers and they're not amazing.  

Hoskins wasn't too bad in LF last year - his arm is incredible - and he could slide into 1B if/when Santana leaves at the end of his deal.  Also, if he's great and the Phillies suck again, he could be traded for much needed prospects, also clearing a path for Hoskins.

Hoskins has the potential to be a perennial league leader in HRs - hell, he has the potential to break records.  His season last year was historic, and he played long enough to have been "figured out" by pitchers.  They couldn't.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, The Six said:

Matt Moore has been traded!!!! Thank you Rangers!!!

Two "eh" prospects, which is not bad for a guy who was horrendous in 2017 after two good months in 2016. It's better than having Duffy, whose Achilles injuries are bad enough that he considered retiring.

Outside of the prospect the Giants sent to the Rays (Lucious Fox, who may or may not be a significant player), that trade was a loss for everyone.

38 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

He's the "best available", but is he good?  I just looked at his numbers and they're not amazing.  

Hoskins wasn't too bad in LF last year - his arm is incredible - and he could slide into 1B if/when Santana leaves at the end of his deal.  Also, if he's great and the Phillies suck again, he could be traded for much needed prospects, also clearing a path for Hoskins.

Hoskins has the potential to be a perennial league leader in HRs - hell, he has the potential to break records.  His season last year was historic, and he played long enough to have been "figured out" by pitchers.  They couldn't.

Hoskins in the OF is okay, it’s just kind of weird to force him in there when it’s already full with Williams, Herrera and Altherr. As for Santana, despite his iffy batting averages, he draws walks like nobody’s business, and he’s about the most predictable .800 OPS, 3 WAR player there is.

18 minutes ago, FGM13 said:

Hoskins in the OF is okay, it’s just kind of weird to force him in there when it’s already full with Williams, Herrera and Altherr. As for Santana, despite his iffy batting averages, he draws walks like nobody’s business, and he’s about the most predictable .800 OPS, 3 WAR player there is.

I couldn't care less if Herrera jumps off the Walt Whitman bridge.  Dude is dumber than his bat.  Will end up costing some team a championship because of some bone head decision.  He was a great rule-5 pick, but has no place long term on a winning team.  I hope they get whatever they can for him.

I dunno, Piscotty was falling off a cliff last year, and how many guys leave the Cardinals and get better? The Cardinals have been baseball's home for failed prospects and general screwups; they make everyone else's bad players good. Who makes their bad players good?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived