2018 MLB Hot Stove Season

buzzcut

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hot Stove in Milwaukee is alive and well, dfwable hit it on the head. Thanks to this generation, which in many cases here is our generation of MLB General Managers aren't going to overpay talent. This is the anti Scott Boras class of GM. The same agent that has represented guys like one of my faves Prince Fielder, and others. The days of free wheeling, kiss stealing, woooooo, sorry wrong thread.... Is Over. The GM's today are the same that grew up like us who are looking for actual bang for their buck. The free agent to be can't break the bank or the future anymore. David Stearns has one more move up his sleeve, but is closely guarding it. Starting with Sabremetrics, the economics of the game started changing, and now it's caught up. Agents don't have the power anymore, the teams do. 

packchampionslfroh.png

Six years, 126 million. Man, that's a bunch of dollarydoos. I've read some skepticism of Lester being as much of a threat as he was before, but if he can hold, that NLC just got way more interesting.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

The Angels have traded 1B C.J. Cron to Tampa for PTBNL. In a surprising move, Tampa DFA'd All-star OF Corey Dickerson to make space. 

Edit: and now Jake Odirizzi's headed to Minnesota. Not going to be a fun year as a baseball fan in Florida.

On 2/17/2018 at 9:08 PM, Shumway said:

The Angels have traded 1B C.J. Cron to Tampa for PTBNL. In a surprising move, Tampa DFA'd All-star OF Corey Dickerson to make space. 

Edit: and now Jake Odirizzi's headed to Minnesota. Not going to be a fun year as a baseball fan in Florida.

Strangely, I'm a little optimistic as there's a ton of unknown with the Rays roster (which likely isn't settled).  The Dickerson move confused me, but the Rays do have 10 days to work out a trade, and camp just started Sunday so this was their way of saying "we plan to trade you, so no need to report to Port Charlotte for camp"

The Orioles have resigned Chris Tillman.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this turns out to be a very good signing.  I think he never fully recovered from his early season injury and is ready for a bounce back year.  Even his worst season before last year would be a nice upgrade at the No. 4 spot in the rotation.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

4 hours ago, leopard88 said:

The Orioles have resigned Chris Tillman.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this turns out to be a very good signing.  I think he never fully recovered from his early season injury and is ready for a bounce back year.  Even his worst season before last year would be a nice upgrade at the No. 4 spot in the rotation.

At the very least, Cashner and Tillman make the rotation look respectable 1-4. 

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

At the very least, Cashner and Tillman make the rotation look respectable 1-4. 

Agreed.  There are no sure things, but there are four pitchers with track records that suggest they could have good years.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

With Souza getting traded to Arizona and the other moves the Rays have made over the weekend, not only will they be looking sharp in their Devil Rays throwbacks, but they'll be playing just like the Devil Rays.

Y'all know this is just my opinion, right?

Red Sox filed with Boston to change "Yawkey Way" back to "Jersey Street". 

I'm not against the change, But I had hoped they'd come up with something better.   

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Archived