2018 MLB Hot Stove Season

buzzcut

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Kinda liking this. 

I like it a lot, but I feel like they could've filled LF for less money and spent it on other holes, specifically 2B and 3B. However, Upton performed pretty well at the end of the season, so I have at least some hope that this won't be a Steve Finley, Gary Matthews, Vernon Wells, Josh Hamilton, Danny Espinosa or Albert Pujols situation.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a cool design and if there was something similar for Tampa back in '03, I probably would've bought it. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

This one hurts and still shocking to accept the reality. To me (  as a Blue Jay fan ) he was my Wayne Gretzky of the Blue Jays. I idolized him and I was a huge fan of him growing up and I always felt confidence watching him on the field. My condolences to his family. Like others have said Roy Halladay... gone too soon.

4kv29i.jpg

40 years old, was jacked to fly this plane, and is dead now.

I wonder, perhaps too morbidly, if this was a situation where he had the time to potentially relay a farewell message into the flight data recorder (if this plane had one; I don't know the regulations) or what the circumstances were that led to the crash.  

One of my worst nightmares.  At least nobody else was in there with him, particularly family.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I got to see him pitch a bunch of times. I loved it because I got home at a decent time. It’s weird because he was only here for a few years, but he just seemed like a phillie. Mayb because his perfect game and playoff no hitter was here, but it feels like he was here for 15 seasons, not 3. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Halladay is without a doubt a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Rest in peace to a giant of the game. 

I think there’s some doubt, def about the 1st ballot part. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This really sucks. As a Jays fan who grew up watching the team in the 2000's, I consider myself lucky that I got to see him pitch, both on television and in person many time. He was one of the only star players that the team had during those years and made game at the time exciting. This may be biased of me to say he will definitely be a Hall of Famer, but I honestly believe that he will be someday.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

22 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think there’s some doubt, def about the 1st ballot part. 

If he's not a first ballot HOFer, who is? Other than Kershaw, he's the best pitcher since the turn of the millennium. He was the 2nd pitcher ever to have a postseason no-hitter, and the fifth to win a Cy Young award in both leagues. 

Also:

Seasons in which pitchers had at least 200 strikeouts and no more than 30 walks allowed:

2012 Cliff Lee 2010 Roy Halladay 1905 Cy Young 1904 Cy Young 1884 Jim Whitney

On 11/2/2017 at 1:35 PM, Shumway said:

I like it a lot, but I feel like they could've filled LF for less money and spent it on other holes, specifically 2B and 3B. However, Upton performed pretty well at the end of the season, so I have at least some hope that this won't be a Steve Finley, Gary Matthews, Vernon Wells, Josh Hamilton, Danny Espinosa or Albert Pujols situation.

How is Danny Espinosa there? Wasn't he on a cheap one year deal?

40 minutes ago, TheGrimReaper said:

How is Danny Espinosa there? Wasn't he on a cheap one year deal?

He's there because he sucked.

I think his contract was somewhere a little over $5 million for 1-year (left from his contract with Washington). Still, he sucked.

Archived