buzzcut

2018 MLB Hot Stove Season

I'm good with the AL vote, and I'm ok with the NL vote. I'm starting to wonder if Paul Goldschmidt is ever going to win MVP. For as good as he is, he's so incredibly overlooked. I can see Stanton taking the award over him strictly due to the home runs, but Votto finishing in second? I dunno about that one. Votto had a good year, no doubt. But the Reds were basically never competitive last season, and for that matter, neither were the Marlins. Goldy led that D Backs team to one of their best seasons in years. I guess that final month really hurt him. 

So NPB and MLB resolved their posting system issues and Shohei Otani is coming over. Before he breaks fantasy baseball I've got the feeling he's gonna surprise with his team choice. Yankees appear to be the favorite right now with Hideki Matsui on deck to recruit him and with the 2nd greatest amount of bonus pool money, but Otani's said money isn't important to him and the fact that he could've waited two years to make $100,000,000+ but is instead coming over now is a sure sign he means it.