Sign in to follow this  
OnWis97

Tom Petty "Pulled off life support"

Bucfan56    3,857

And he just passed. DAMN. 

leopard88    1,030

Always one of my favorites.  Wayyyyy underrated.

Tom Petty, that is . . . not just this song.

CS85    5,402

Much more of a "Mary Jane's Last Dance" kind of person.

the admiral    10,665

"Breakdown," "Free Fallin'," and "You Got Lucky" were my favorites. The live version of "Breakdown" is pretty special.

OnWis97    2,309

I'm also a big fan of Mary Jane's Last Dance.  Refuge is probably my favorite Petty song.

I'm a pretty big Pearl Jam fan so when they came to town for two days of their tour, but as an opening act to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, I was disappointed because I knew they'd be playing shorter sets.  Nevertheless, I went both nights and was really impressed with Tom and his band. I'm not a hard core fan, but this sucks.

sc49erfan15    899
3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

"Refugee" and "I Won't Back Down" are perfect rock songs. 

"Refugee" is my personal favorite. I really enjoyed Tom Petty. Glad I got to see him a few years ago, he put on an awesome show with Steve Winwood.

Dang. This sucks.

DustDevil61    450
27 minutes ago, the admiral said:

"Breakdown," "Free Fallin'," and "You Got Lucky" were my favorites. The live version of "Breakdown" is pretty special.

Pretty much me. But there's been few Tom Petty songs that I don't like. I know we've lost a lot of musicians lately but this one especially hits hard as I've by large have been raised on Tom Petty's music. He will be missed, and may he rest in peace.

Edited by DustDevil61
Raised on Tom Petty's music. RIP Tom.

the admiral    10,665

"Runnin' Down a Dream" is maybe the only one I don't like. 

"Learning to Fly" is another one I really really like. The Weepies did a cover of it on their latest album, and I was so happy when I listened the first time through and realized it was a Petty cover:

Ben5    214

When I was a high school junior, "I Won't Back Down" was on the football highlight tape three separate times.

FGM13    705

Mary Jane’s Last Dance is one of my all time favourite songs and Tom Petty was one of my all time favourite artists. :censored:

This sucks! I do agree that he is very underrated now compared to others in the '70s and '80s. As I mentioned in a different thread the other day, Full Moon Fever is one of my favourite albums and he is one of my favourites from that era. As for my favourite song, it's a tough choice but this one always sticks out to me:

goalieboy82    408
13 minutes ago, CS85 said:

59d2ad9d8a9ce_ScreenShot2017-10-02at4_20_05PM.png.f837108166947f2624095c6133cf0288.png

if anything, he will be dead at the end of the day (if they did pull the plug and if it is bad as they say it is) 

Alex Houston    187

You got to imagine he's basically at the end here, no matter if he's legitimately gone or if it's still ongoing. But man, just rattling off the radio singles reminds me of how damn prolific he was as a musician. This is one that I'm really bummed about. Damn, damn, damn.