Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Cap

WWE Hell in a Cell/Tables, Ladders, and Chairs

Recommended Posts

CS85    5,399
13 hours ago, Shumway said:

So, after 4 years, we finally get a Sister Abigail, and it's just Bray Wyatt with a goofy voice. That's.....something.

 

I'd like to think there was a satisfying payoff for this, but it's Bray -- WWE has no idea what to do with him, and this rivalry with Finn is filler.  Fans know it won't go anywhere and Bray can't come out of it looking validated, so it's all a waste of time.  They ruined Bray.  Long ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tohasbo    145
4 hours ago, CS85 said:

 

I'd like to think there was a satisfying payoff for this, but it's Bray -- WWE has no idea what to do with him, and this rivalry with Finn is filler.  Fans know it won't go anywhere and Bray can't come out of it looking validated, so it's all a waste of time.  They ruined Bray.  Long ago.

Ruined when we was fed to Cena at WrestleMania 30.  THAT'S when it went to hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Wolf    854

I liked it better when Bray was basically just a cult leader. Now he's a cult leader without a cult with more hokey magic added in. Prime Bray Wyatt was when the family was together and feuding with the SHIELD and stuff. Just like prime Undertake was when he had the Ministry of Darkness. Factions are great! Seems like Vinny Mac isn't the biggest fan of them sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
habsfan1    1,348

There's a rumour going around that Neville asked for his released.

 

He was supposed to be on Raw yesterday, but apparently walked out.

 

Link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CS85    5,399

Everything from WWE is quiet, but I’m guessing there’s a lot of people trying to get him back.  I don’t think it’s a work.

 

Goes to show that people graduated from NXT too early or in some cases unnecessarily.  There’s a ton of careers that could’ve been just fine dominating a secondary tier but instead become nothing in WWE. 

 

WWE needs a second promotion altogether, one that is not a stepping stone. Make it WWEN exclusive, keep it short and costs low.  Model it after the first RAWs and have a New York, Canadian, or Chicago venue play permanent host.  

 

But who am I kidding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DG_Now    3,999
2 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Everything from WWE is quiet, but I’m guessing there’s a lot of people trying to get him back.  I don’t think it’s a work.

 

Goes to show that people graduated from NXT too early or in some cases unnecessarily.  There’s a ton of careers that could’ve been just fine dominating a secondary tier but instead become nothing in WWE. 

 

WWE needs a second promotion altogether, one that is not a stepping stone. Make it WWEN exclusive, keep it short and costs low.  Model it after the first RAWs and have a New York, Canadian, or Chicago venue play permanent host.  

 

But who am I kidding. 

 

I think what tends to happen is that someone within WWE tries new, exciting ideas (Talking Smack, CM Punk, NXT, etc.) and sometimes that new, exciting ideas actually work. And I don't know if it's fear of the unknown, jealously, risk aversion or something else, but those ideas get watered down or snuffed out.

 

It's sad because WWE continues to be its own worst enemy, constantly, for reasons that don't seem to make very much sense. For every organic star like Heath Slater, there's some weird, unnecessary Mojo Rawley push that comes right after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DDR    1,000

I might be fooling myself, but I see how consistently entertaining nXt is and I have hope for the future with the Haitch in charge. Stephanie's own proclivities is the wildcard, but nXt 2017 reminds me a lot of ECW 2000, not in style at all, but in how the brand is able to maintain consistent quality in the face of consistent talent losses. That speaks to the booking skills of the folks in charge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DG_Now    3,999

Adding to the wasted opportunity conversation:

 

Quote

On the downfall of Bad News Barrett: “The problem with Bad News was that I was getting a babyface reaction. It was one of those things where it was supposed to be a heel thing but I think people were so entertained by it that they started cheering it and look forward to it, even though I am insulting them. Vince never wanted me was a babyface, he thought I wrestled like a heel and I was English. He didn’t want me to be a babyface at all, which was fine and I was happy being a heel. But I think sometimes the crowd dictates things and even though Vince wants me as a heel, you can’t put me as a heel and the only way we could really turn me back into a heel, and stop them cheering for me, was to take away ‘Bad News’. At that point, I was just a guy who had nothing, so I was coming out, I wasn’t allowed to do the catchphrase or anything like that. I was just a very bland guy. So they gave me King of the Ring as something to do, I suppose, but doing a King of the Ring in this day and age just doesn’t work. It might have worked in the 80’s but I think wearing a crown and scepter in this day, to me, it doesn’t work.”

 

They talk so much about how the fans dictate the product...except the billions of times when they don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DDR    1,000

I want Triple H to not wrestle at WrestleMania and instead take on Wade Barrett at the Takeover at WM weekend. The Haitch talking about being the Creator at Takeover: War Games and we hear over the PA "if you think you made NXT...I'm afraid I've got some Bad News!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
habsfan1    1,348
On 11/10/2017 at 10:34 AM, DDR said:

I might be fooling myself, but I see how consistently entertaining nXt is and I have hope for the future with the Haitch in charge. Stephanie's own proclivities is the wildcard, but nXt 2017 reminds me a lot of ECW 2000, not in style at all, but in how the brand is able to maintain consistent quality in the face of consistent talent losses. That speaks to the booking skills of the folks in charge. 

 

The power of good booking makes a world of difference.

 

NXT puts on more compelling shows with names like Lars Sullivan, Fabian Aichner, and The Velveteen Dream, than the main roster does with their massive talent pool composed of the best wrestlers in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alex Houston    187
16 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Adding to the wasted opportunity conversation:

 

So they gave me King of the Ring as something to do, I suppose, but doing a King of the Ring in this day and age just doesn’t work. It might have worked in the 80’s but I think wearing a crown and scepter in this day, to me, it doesn’t work.”

 

I've beaten this drum a few times, but it is a shame that KoTR became a neutered program that was lampooned for being antiquated. If they replaced the kitschy crown/scepter combo with a belt or a medallion of some kind, along with the title shot good for a year, I feel it would be a good way to bring some freshness or relevance to the PPV. Or maybe at the least have it be an eight guy tourney for people claiming they have a right or shot to be champ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CS85    5,399

It's so odd that Vince made his company huge by letting the fans dictate the medium, but makes money somehow in spite of himself by feeling like he has to dictate the medium to the fans.  When he's dead, here's hoping that something will change, but I doubt it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
habsfan1    1,348
19 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Adding to the wasted opportunity conversation:

 

Quote

On the downfall of Bad News Barrett: “The problem with Bad News was that I was getting a babyface reaction. It was one of those things where it was supposed to be a heel thing but I think people were so entertained by it that they started cheering it and look forward to it, even though I am insulting them. Vince never wanted me was a babyface, he thought I wrestled like a heel and I was English. He didn’t want me to be a babyface at all, which was fine and I was happy being a heel. But I think sometimes the crowd dictates things and even though Vince wants me as a heel, you can’t put me as a heel and the only way we could really turn me back into a heel, and stop them cheering for me, was to take away ‘Bad News’. At that point, I was just a guy who had nothing, so I was coming out, I wasn’t allowed to do the catchphrase or anything like that. I was just a very bland guy. So they gave me King of the Ring as something to do, I suppose, but doing a King of the Ring in this day and age just doesn’t work. It might have worked in the 80’s but I think wearing a crown and scepter in this day, to me, it doesn’t work.

 

 

They talk so much about how the fans dictate the product...except the billions of times when they don't.

 

Ironically, the person Barrett defeated to become King of the Ring was none other than Neville, who years later got the King gimmick more over than Wade ever could, when Neville proclaimed himself as the King of the Cruiserweights...

 

 

---

 

Instead of stripping Barrett of everything that got him over and waste a talent away through what turned out to be a pointless tournament, they could have given Neville the early kickstart to his reign as King in WWE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DDR    1,000

Neville didn't really do a king gimmick tho.   It was his nickname but he didn't get cartoony with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DG_Now    3,999

Can you imagine going to a WWF TV taping and seeing this :censored:?

 

 

Even as a kid I would have hated that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shumway    746
23 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Can you imagine going to a WWF TV taping and seeing this :censored:?

 

 

Even as a kid I would have hated that.

 

If I remember correctly, this is Duane Gill (Gillberg) and my personal favorite jobber, Barry Hardy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gary.    302

Sean Mooney, talk about another name you haven’t seen in a long time. Every time I go to Tucson he’s on KVOA channel 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nuordr    497

Kalisto showed off the new Cruiserweight belt over the weekend: 

 

 

Cruiserweight.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BringBackTheVet    4,187

that looks so bad ass in black.  It would have made great tag belts rather than the nickels they use now.  Even a new IC if they wanted to drop the classic design.  Sucks it's wasted on cruiserweights.

 

Bring back the WCW cruiserweight tag belt!

 

$_1.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this