Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Cap

WWE Hell in a Cell/Tables, Ladders, and Chairs

charger77    1,061

I'm reading that the main even of Survivor Series may be Lesnar vs. Mahal in a non-title match. 

Maybe the goal is to squash the WWE title to make the Universal title more prestigious when Reigns wins it at WM 34?

BringBackTheVet    4,185
1 hour ago, charger77 said:

I'm reading that the main even of Survivor Series may be Lesnar vs. Mahal in a non-title match. 

Maybe the goal is to squash the WWE title to make the Universal title more prestigious when Reigns wins it at WM 34?

that's already happened.  It would be interesting if they had Lesnar win both belts, apear on both shows, then have Reigns take both at WM, and somehow drop one just to de-unify them again.

Red Wolf    832
11 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

that looks so bad ass in black.  It would have made great tag belts rather than the nickels they use now.  Even a new IC if they wanted to drop the classic design.  Sucks it's wasted on cruiserweights.

Bring back the WCW cruiserweight tag belt!

$_1.JPG

Maybe it's the WCW in me, but that bums me out. I think there are some legitimately awesome guys in the WWE cruiserweight division, but it's been so thoroughly buried, that nobody could possibly care. It's especially sad to see after how great the CWC was. They tricked me into thinking they were going to do this right but that's because I'm a big ole dummy. 

EDIT: Jack Gallagher is among the most dapper looking men to ever appear in a wrestling ring. That, along with recreating this spot in the last Royal Rumble should be enough to earn him a Cruiserweight Championship run.

giphy.gif

habsfan1    1,340

If Undertaker stays retired for good, than the last televised Undertaker entrance to ever be seen would be the Dolph Ziggler spoof.

With that said, I'd say chances of Taker returning are at approximately 100%.

The only thing I'm very bummed about is that this incredible WM closing moment was all for nothing...

untitled-1110.jpg

**and for the record, Wikipedia no longer lists Undertaker as a "former professional wrestler", if that means something...

Gobbi    254

So was the picture of Kalisto holding a black cruiserweight title edited/filtered to make the purple strap look black? The belt was purple again on Raw. 

Red Wolf    832
5 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

If Undertaker stays retired for good, than the last televised Undertaker entrance to ever be seen would be the Dolph Ziggler spoof.

With that said, I'd say chances of Taker returning are at approximately 100%.

The only thing I'm very bummed about is that this incredible WM closing moment was all for nothing...

untitled-1110.jpg

**and for the record, Wikipedia no longer lists Undertaker as a "former professional wrestler", if that means something...

Retirement barely means anything in wrestling. Ric Flair probably "retired" at some point before I was even born. Retiring from wrestling tends to be a bigger debacle than when Brett Favre retired. 

WWE is weird. Sometimes fan reactions matter and sometimes they don't. Bad New Barrett getting face reactions for instance. The New Day eventually had the same issue. They were heels, but they were wacky and fun and people got behind them so they eventually transitioned into faces. I could have seen the same destination for Barrett. He's heel for a while, then they tease that some heel pisses him off. Said heel is delivering a beatdown when suddenly you hear a gavel and "I'm afraid I've got some bad news...!" and Barrett comes down to make the save. Bam, he's a face, problem solved. It worked for the New Day and it work for the Shield.

Super random, but I'd like to mention how great the Shield vs. Wyatts was. Factions are the best. People even liked Roman Reigns! A faction (nWo) created the Monday Night Wars, the greatest time in wrestling history. Factions and tournaments are my thing. 

EDIT: Also, they referred to Seth Rollins as the architect as far back as Shield vs. Wyatts so now I'm wondering when that started. Also shout out to Rollins' old Alex Shelley-style part blonde hair style. 

EDIT2: Didn't realize "lunatic fringe" predated the breakup of the Shield. 

DDR    987

Finn and Bray's program was already cheesy, but last night reached new depths. That was "Warrior is in the Mirror" levels of dumb. 

CS85    5,387
28 minutes ago, DDR said:

Finn and Bray's program was already cheesy, but last night reached new depths. That was "Warrior is in the Mirror" levels of dumb. 

It's cringe/embarrassment of the highest order, and no result can make either wrestler look better.  It's simple-minded Halloween kiddy bullcrap.

BringBackTheVet    4,185

Had the shield stayed together, or reformed prior to reigns' ascent, he would have gotten over as Champ and everything would be as Vince desired. Fans would have seen it as the Shield being pushed, not just Reigns. Then they could break up and he'd still retain being over. 

DDR    987

I still think the best way to get Reigns over as a top babyface is take a detour thru Cool Heel City. They could've reformed the Shield as a heel faction that would have had nWo/DX style heel heat that splits the crowd, basically the reverse of how the audience feels about Roman now. 

habsfan1    1,340
19 hours ago, Gobbi said:

So was the picture of Kalisto holding a black cruiserweight title edited/filtered to make the purple strap look black? The belt was purple again on Raw. 

Yep.

Also, considering how WWE has this weird tendency of misusing NXT call ups, I hope they don't make Emma beat Asuka in her debut.

Red Wolf    832

If they actually are going to do this WWE Champion vs. Universal Champion match at Survivor Series, I really hope they get the strap off of Mahal and onto Styles. Lesnar vs. Styles is a match I'd actually really like to see. Even though the WWE Championship seems kind of bush league right now, that would become even more noticeable having Jinder Mahal standing face-to-face with Brock Lesnar. 

nuordr    493

This is the best news out of the WWE in a very long time for me. Nia Jax has been granted a personal leave of absence. It seems that she may be upset backstage as well and may have walked out. 

http://rajah.com/node/58476

DDR    987
33 minutes ago, nuordr said:

This is the best news out of the WWE in a very long time for me. Nia Jax has been granted a personal leave of absence. It seems that she may be upset backstage as well and may have walked out. 

http://rajah.com/node/58476

Why is this good news to you?

nuordr    493
47 minutes ago, DDR said:

Why is this good news to you?

I have not been a fan of Nia Jax since she was introduced in NXT. I don't feel like she can wrestle that well and she tends to throw people awkwardly in the ring. She is not a bad as Dana Brooke or Eva Marie, but right next to both of them.