8BW14

Professional Football in an Alternate Universe: American Bowl Results

13 minutes ago, PowderedWater said:

An alternative backstory to the NYC team is a failed sponsorship when the movie Madagascar came out.B)

p.s. hi, I’m new here.

We can tell...

I think the next batch, if you're going by the order of the previews is at least Pittsburgh and Washington DC..I'm not sure what the other two are.

18 hours ago, Darknes said:

I think the next batch, if you're going by the order of the previews is at least Pittsburgh and Washington DC..I'm not sure what the other two are.

I can tell you that one of those guesses is right. Here's a better look at the AFL Atlantic division.

59de645ac7b47_aflatlanticteaser.thumb.png.78922d146df54c401150820c8c6e7c26.png 

Miami, Washington. Charlotte, and maybe Pittsburgh?

Also, are Buffalo and San Diego going to have teams in this league?

Is there a southeast division in the league?

12 hours ago, Darknes said:

Atlantic? Then I'm gonna say Miami, Norfolk, Carolina and DC

Close

11 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Miami, Washington. Charlotte, and maybe Pittsburgh?

Also, are Buffalo and San Diego going to have teams in this league?

Also close. San Diego will have a team but Buffalo does not

10 hours ago, CheeseBurger22 said:

Is there a southeast division in the league?

Nope. The divisions are North, South, East, West, Pacific, Atlantic, Central, Great Lakes

Miami, D. C., Charlotte/Carolina, and maybe New Jersey? 

32 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Nope. The divisions are North, South, East, West, Pacific, Atlantic, Central, Great Lakes

Oh, ok, thanks!

Miami, Carolina, Washington, Orlando. Unless Orlando is Atlanta, but Atlanta isn't really near the coast. 

Carolina has either a Nascar or Pirate theme going, assuming that the "C" is for Carolina but, it looks like a flag is tailing the C. Washington Federals(?) or something political/patriotic. Miami has a shark (some kind of fish) on it. And Atlanta is like the Spartans, or something lol.

Alright, the AFL Atlantic is here and the first team is the Atlanta Titans.

59e0e1ec4a2c7_AtlantaTitansBio.png.8916923b353d188a333acf4863c0f37e.png

59e0e1e141848_atlantatitanswordmark.png.e6b354bef33b522866eeade6b5b2eaf6.png

59e0e1e792d31_atlantatitanspresentation.thumb.png.20b5124d773578134fb59e0ae0fb7a9f.png

The Titans are the only team in the AFL who primarily wears a monochrome home uniform. The current uniform design and logo have been in use by the team since 2007. Through the 2006 season, the Atlanta Titans had worn rather traditional uniforms with an A-Shield logo on the helmet, although they have never stuck with any one look for very long, wearing red helmets, black helmets and gold helmets for the preseason in 1965. Lately, the Titans have been a middle of the pack team, hovering around 8-10 wins, winning the Atlantic division in 2009. Alfred Romo is the team's highly touted rookie quarterback from Florida, who, hopefully, can help the team to the next level and become a perennial contender.

59e0e1f8d0856_CharlotteRacersBio.png.89221455968a636cdfbf1b1a2dec542f.png

59e0e1f0b391d_charlotteracerswordmarkandlogo.png.01994e83653a005a62cbeeb3ebb58b34.png

59e0e1f662eca_charlotteracerspresentation.thumb.png.6c67ac55c751c476e732898788f4703d.png

The Charlotte Racers were established in 1990 in the home city of NASCAR, thus the Racers moniker. The logo is an italicized C with black, checkered, white, green, red, and yellow racing flags trailing behind it and has been around since the inception of the team, unchanged, except for the elimination of a gaudy dropshadow with the adoption of new uniforms for the 2017 season. The new uniforms are fairly modern with italic numbers and flag striping on the sleeves and pants. The Racers haven't unveiled a new alternate uniform, but they have worn a red alternate in the past and fans expect a new one with the new uniforms. The Racers are an exciting young team, on the rise behind popular quarterback Martin Williams.

59e0f91167b42_MiamiTarponsBio.png.8a16d7c4b0201f1ffa5e2ce211df71eb.png

59e0f909be61e_miamitarponswordmark.png.e73b1a1f49a9e4a39e4f0383d7a8a45e.png

59e0f90f6fdff_miamitarponspresentation.thumb.png.60f3b671316653206371446006c12a70.png

The Miami Tarpons enjoyed immense success in the 1970's under the leadership of head coach Art Starling but only came away with one championship to show for their greatness. The Tarpons were the first team in the AFL to wear colored sleeve caps on their white jerseys, an innovation in uniform design that was ahead of its time and has become the team's signature look. Aside from different striping patterns throughout its history, the biggest change the Tarpon have made to their look was adding a darker teal to the mix in 1998. Jerrod White is a outside linebacker in Miami's unique 3-5 defensive scheme. Considered to be undersized for a traditional DE or OLB in the more common defensive schemes, White uses his speed to get to the quarterback as well as being a force topping the run.

59e3a67d67137_WashingtonFederalsBio.png.ffda24be65d1a0651611ed2b301856c0.png

59e1054a75660_washingtonfederalswordmarkandlogo.png.a8d63d283faf257750347ada403890c1.png

59e105509a707_washingtonfederalspresentation.thumb.png.4436fd3bf2b262682934b37f002e6a44.png

Last, but not least are the Washington Federals. The Federals are a historic franchise, the tenth to join the league in 1948. The Washington Federals have always worn a W on their helmets and have worn both green and white helmets historically, but have worn white helmets since 1982. The current uniforms were introduced in 2013 and brought the steel gray to the color palette by adding it as an outline on the logo and it was carried over to the new uniforms in the striping. Washington is a competitive team of veteran players, but just can't seem to put everything together at the right time and shake the injury bug from biting at all the wrong moments. 2017 will be the final season for linebacker Julio Lewis, who has been popular even with fans of other teams for the fiery passion he plays with.

I think the Racers might be my favorite of the four. Something about the black and white, with little splashes of color here and there really makes it pop.

So I take it the Tarpons and Titans are the oldest AFL teams in the Southeast?

Seems like a must for Atlanta teams to have red to tie in with the city being home to Coca-Cola.

Miami reminds me of the Sacramento Surge and that's a good thing. :D Maybe some aqua pants for road games?

Besides San Diego, will San Francisco and LA also have teams? How about Anaheim?

18 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

So I take it the Tarpons and Titans are the oldest AFL teams in the Southeast?

Seems like a must for Atlanta teams to have red to tie in with the city being home to Coca-Cola.

Miami reminds me of the Sacramento Surge and that's a good thing. :D Maybe some aqua pants for road games?

Besides San Diego, will San Francisco and LA also have teams? How about Anaheim?

Yep they are two of the oldest teams in the southeast. Atlanta was actually the third team to be established on the Southeast; the Southeast added a lot of teams in the 60's.

I like the Sacramento Surge's uniforms too, I wasn't trying to base Miami on that color scheme, but maybe subliminally that's where the idea came from. As for the aqua pants, I have never like them on the Dolphins so that's why the Tarpons don't have any, but realistically, they probably would wear them so I'll add some.

I'll tell you that there are three teams in California, including San Diego, but youll have to wait to find out who they are, thanks for your interest in this project.

18 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

I think the Racers might be my favorite of the four. Something about the black and white, with little splashes of color here and there really makes it pop.

I agree, I really like the way the flags bring some visual interest to the white and black. I'm pretty happy with how Charlotte turned out.

59e23bb8607ed_NashvilleGeneralsBio..png.0f8a8b543f6b39cdb28da78c5e7e4415.png

59e23b7397e6e_nashvilleGeneralswordmark.png.7873b6585a4d406cb81a48b3082678e4.png

59e23b7d9a1bd_nashvilleGenaralspresentation.thumb.png.abd9ef1f35497be95bd55ad315ce1e18.png

The artist formerly known as the Nashville Sabres is now the Nashville Generals because in a world where the NHL exists and the Buffalo Sabres exist, there's no way a team founded in 2002 would ever be able to share colors and a nickname with a professional hockey team.

Good to see Generals management able to rename without completely rebranding.

Top tier concepts across the board, and I love the 'Generals' moniker. Best of both worlds, I suppose :P 

1 hour ago, Htown1141 said:

Top tier concepts across the board, and I love the 'Generals' moniker. Best of both worlds, I suppose :P 

16 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Good to see Generals management able to rename without completely rebranding.

Thanks, and yeah I think Generals is a nice compromise to keep the identity intact. 

I've also got an update to the Tarpons. I went ahead and added some aqua pants to their wardrobe and I must say I think they look really good.

59e3a78554d3e_miamitarponspresentation.thumb.png.fcf9aa22384b19aaf8eb193e4e92cdc0.png