8BW14

Professional Football in an Alternate Universe: American Bowl Results

Mostly right!! I really like the identity for the hometown team (Charlotte) however, I feel a small sting in having to lose to the Denver COWBOYS in the 2013 season (after going 16-0 at that). It's like 2015 just won't go away.

8 hours ago, qckgnc said:

Mostly right!! I really like the identity for the hometown team (Charlotte) however, I feel a small sting in having to lose to the Denver COWBOYS in the 2013 season (after going 16-0 at that). It's like 2015 just won't go away.

Ha, shoot, I totally totally wasn't even thinking of the Panthers and Broncos Super Bowl when that happened. Don't know if it makes it better or worse, but the Cowboys upset the Racers in the first round of the playoffs as the 8 seed on a hot streak.

Here's a teaser for the AFL North:

59e54ef7ea241_AFLNorthTeaser.thumb.png.1f21672042e45b7b78a1a91ab86909b9.png

Thanks for taking a look. Hopefully the North will be up in a couple days, thanks again.

@8BW14

Cincinnati, Cleveland, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh?

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

@8BW14

Cincinnati, Cleveland, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh?

1 hour ago, Darknes said:

Cleveland, Cincy, Indy and Pitt

3 out of 4 ain't bad.

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Chicago, Indy, Cincinnati, Pitt.

Halfway there...

Speaking that we already had Cincy and Chicago....

Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, and Louisville. I don't know about the last one though....

Cleveland, Indy, Pitt, and Lousville I'm guessing. Not super sure about the last one though. 

1 hour ago, CheeseBurger22 said:

Cleveland, Indy, Pitt, and Lousville I'm guessing. Not super sure about the last one though. 

Maybe the creator will surprise us.

Ohio always seems populous enough for more than one team in each sport.

I know the 3 are Cleveland, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh. The 4th is probably Buffalo.

36 minutes ago, JH42XCC said:

I know the 3 are Cleveland, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh. The 4th is probably Buffalo.

Earlier in the Thread, he said Buffalo doesn't have a team

Cleveland Bulldogs

Either Pittsburgh Tigers,  Condors, or Ironmen

Indianapolis, and I'm as lost as everyone else on number 4. Loving the series so far but, I'm honestly indifferent about the first round loss being or better lol. 

59e6ad2b19af2_ClevelandBulldogsBio.png.72c467ddf8447c505c10215ffa76fae9.png

59e6a9d5669db_clevelandbulldogswordmark.png.4141fe78f3869545a6ea6d235f24bb77.png

59e6a9de8d378_clevelandbulldogspresentation.thumb.png.1454a8cee5c305843e4617f087e20c23.png

An original member of the AFL, the Cleveland Bulldogs are a historic franchise, winning three AFL Championships in the 1960's. Since the 60's, however, an American Bowl championship has eluded the team and fans are starved for something to really cheer about. The Bulldogs are named for their founder, James "Bulldog" Brooks and proudly wear the uncommon color combo of maroon and orange. The team's logo, which has been in use since 1960 is a silhouette of an American Bulldog inside of a stylized C. The uniforms are very traditional and haven't changed much over the years, except for a stretch from 2002 to 2007 when the Bulldogs changed to orange facemasks and sported some rather ugly uniforms with swooping panels and piping that were a far cry from the Bulldogs' historical look. Sam Taylor is a Deon Sanders-like cornerback who is one of the best players in the league and isn't afraid to let you know. He is capable of taking away the opponent's best receiver every single week.

59e6a9d0ed0df_IndianapolisStarsBio.png.59638fc6fe14a8bea93eb3bcce489d2f.png

59e6a9c7c707d_indianapolisstarswordmark.png.3d192dd85d9c89d21eec17febe6be68b.png

59e6a9cf11993_indianapolisstarspresentation.thumb.png.fc788c33808ae6a3fe001807279fcd4c.png

The Indianapolis Stars were founded in 1977 and were annually basement dwellers in the AFL standings until the arrival of QB Nathan Turner in 2000, which also happens to be the year in which the current navy blue and silver trimmed uniforms debuted. The Stars inexplicably jumped on the "darker is better bandwagon" and replaced their unique royal blue and powder blue color scheme with the dull navy and silver. Fans love the throwbacks to the original Stars uniforms and there is usually just as much royal and powder blue in the crowd at home games as there is navy blue. Hopefully, ownership get the idea and returns to the classic colors. Turner helped lead the Indianapolis Stars to two AFL Championships in 2005 and 2008 and is currently one of the oldest players in the league at 40 years old.

59e6a9a24bc2a_NewYorkFalconsBio.png.9463229fa6a6eaa4082fbafe855e1056.png

59e6a997e5515_newyorkfalconswordmark.png.55cdb2a3cdf7ed42f29356375fd16956.png

59e6a9a03295f_newyorkfalconspresentation.thumb.png.7ce63debcd46099703efcf22f8498606.png

After years of missing out on AFL expansion, New York real estate mogul, Ross K. Gallagher, Jr. was finally granted an expansion franchise join the league for the 1977 season. Gallagher chose the colors, blue and orange, which were taken from the flag of New York City. He was also for designing the uniforms and choosing the Falcons moniker. The Falcons uniforms look like they are right out of the early 2000's and that's because they are. In 2004, the Falcons added black to their uniforms, justifying the addition by claiming the team has always used black, based on the outline of the primary logo. The Falcons also do a lot of mix and matching, regularly wearing monochrome blue and wearing mono-black every other year.

59e6a9c20a434_PittsburghTigersBio.png.90babe96d63b84625c672a6e19c937f5.png

59e6a9b96febc_pittsburghtigerswordmarkandlogo.png.fe36aa7fcc42b41f7e189cd70c03d1a4.png

59e6a9bfa9c47_pittsburghtigerspresentation.thumb.png.f9af1cb994bca2a447775a6080589980.png

The Pittsburgh Tigers follow suit with the rest of the pro teams in Pittsburgh, sporting black and yellow/gold as their team colors. The Tigers are a well respected and well run franchise, always in the playoff hunt. The uniforms have always been rather traditional having been last redesigned in 2007 when the number font and tiger logo were updated and the city crest was added as a patch to the front of the jerseys. Traditionally, the Tigers have always had fun with their alternate uniforms, wearing numerous throwbacks. The current alternate uniform is a throwback to the 1960's when the Tigers wore a rather unique striping pattern and number font. Oddly, the Tiger's seemed to overlook the old school grey facemask and wear their contemporary black facemasks. Ryan Palmer is the Tigers All-Pro punter, who was a linebacker in in college but made the move to punter to fight his way into the AFL.

Well, that's it for the AFL North and I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts. Thanks for taking the time to have a look.       

Ah yes, the second New York team to throw us all off the trail. I really like Indy's throwback look