Going Full Yankee: An MLB Series

colinturner95

10 hours ago, Heitert said:

Who is it that did "Habsing the NHL?" We need a "Yanking the MLB" where all teams have pinstripes. (If it hasn't already been done.)

You know what, why not? I'll give this a shot. Though disclaimer, this is my first real baseball concept series, so we'll see how this is gonna go. So much like my Habs'ing the NHL thread (which I'm hoping isn't quite dead yet), premise is that I'm taking one uniforms style from one team and hitting "apply all". Of course it wont be 100% seamless. I will be doing two uniforms for each team, no alternates since the Yanks don't have a declared alternate and if the team has a name on the back, I'm keeping it there. I'm not totally sure how I'm gonna do the numbers, since the Yankees use one color numbers. It'll probably be team-by-team thing. Order was determined at random, and in the lead off spot is the St. Louis Cardinals: 

CevLsmE.png

REDISCLAIMER: This is my first baseball concept I've posted, much less a series so things might be a little rough. 

Anyways, here's the Cardinals. I used the cream as the base for the home uniform with red pinstripes. Also used the hat logo for the jersey logo. For the road uniform, I used the St. Louis script from the full wordmark logo as the wordmark and used the sock stripes on the sleeves. Socks are navy with the stripes on them 

C&C welcome! 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks good! The use of cream for the home uniform was a good move, and the double striping on the sleeves of the away looks great. 

My only two nitpicks are that I would make the name & number on the back red with an outline like the real Cards, and I would make the socks red for both uniforms. The navy to me looks slightly out of place in both areas.

Great job on this first team, really looking forward to the rest!

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

My only two nitpicks are that I would make the name & number on the back red with an outline like the real Cards, and I would make the socks red for both uniforms. The navy to me looks slightly out of place in both areas.

I agree with both of these suggestions.

18 hours ago, MJD7 said:

This looks good! The use of cream for the home uniform was a good move, and the double striping on the sleeves of the away looks great. 

Great job on this first team, really looking forward to the rest!

15 hours ago, Heitert said:

Nice work! I really love pinstripes in baseball and the Cards look really nice. I would go with red name and numbers on the home but other than that I really dig the concept. 

2cRvCkY.png

A little less Yankee than when we started, but still captures the idea. Changed the socks to red with navy and white stripes, and added an outline to the name and number. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

That's much better! 

I don't think you mentioned it in your initial post, but will you only be doing the teams that don't currently wear pinstripes? 

Also, one minor gripe about your template: Why are the road pants so much shorter than the home ones?

13 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

That's much better! 

I don't think you mentioned it in your initial post, but will you only be doing the teams that don't currently wear pinstripes? 

Also, one minor gripe about your template: Why are the road pants so much shorter than the home ones?

Not sure yet. I might just make them look as "Yankee" as possible, or figure something else out but I do plan on doing them. 

Template wise, one set of pants is hemmed as if the pants were rolled up, the other is not. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

9 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Going full full Yankee would mean a monochrone crest logo, same color as the pinstripes. So for St Louis it would be an all red-St.L with all red numbers. 

59d7eb416c265_CardinalsAllRed.png.390599aaf75eab02712afaa3dd44cc33.png

GSYoLg8.png

Very true. I'm treating this a lot like my Habs thread. My plan is to make them look like the Yankees to a point, but keep some individuality to each team that I'm Yankee-ifying. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

2cRvCkY.png

A little less Yankee than when we started, but still captures the idea. Changed the socks to red with navy and white stripes, and added an outline to the name and number. 

I think this is the way to go! It definitely looks templeted off of the Yankess but still something the Cardinals could actually wear.

Well the pinstripe problem arose a lot quicker than I thought it would, but I guess if the team has a pinstriped home jersey, why not just flip the template? 

0eBkFMK.png

Since the Phillies have a pinstriped home jersey, I went with the Yankee away template for the home and home template for the away. I also dropped blue from the scheme. I think it muddies up the look in my opinion. Not much else to it I guess

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived