Going Full Yankee: An MLB Series

colinturner95

Well done. The powder blue pinstripes were definitely needed to distance this concept from the Yankees, and you pulled it off. I think you need to do something a little different with the socks, though; caps and hosiery usually match, so having a navy cap paired with powder blue socks might look a little odd on the field. Can't go wrong with this striped design

If you're taking requests, can we see the Tigers next?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a vacuum, the design-oriented Rays fan in me likes it. The light blue and yellow are begging to be emphasized more than the team already does. But I can't bring my mind to separate it from its pompous source, and the homer-oriented Rays fan in me is gonna be sick .:puke:

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Alright, I’ve got some catching up to do, but:

-San Francisco is really nice. I wouldn’t change a thing.

-Cleveland looks great. I have a feeling by the end they’ll be one of the teams I’d most like to see this for in real life.

-Although I prefered the first option for Texas, the second is nice too. The home uniform is solid either way.

-For Tampa, I would suggest maybe making the cap light blue to match as well. I would follow @coco1997‘s recommendation of adding sock stripes too. Also, the numbers look a little plain for the Rays being one color. I know they do that in real life, but I’d maybe try infusing some light blue there.

These are all great so far, I’m loving how the it is going!

5 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Mo1dEGL.png

Tampa Bay's identity could be so much better. If they had a better balance of navy and light blue, they'd look ten times better IMO. However that is not the discussion we're having here. Nope, now we're gonna see how the Yankees treatment hits them. Rather than navy pinstripes, I went light blue, thinking that it would be more unique. Also went with light blue socks and shoes for the unique factor. Same with the away sleeve stripes, where I tried to work in some yellow. 

C&C welcome!

Love the away sleeves.

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

-For Tampa, I would suggest maybe making the cap light blue to match as well.

I was going to suggest this too, but if he's following the Yankee model, that means only one style cap, and a powder blue cap would look weird with a road gray uniform. 

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I was going to suggest this too, but if he's following the Yankee model, that means only one style cap, and a powder blue cap would look weird with a road gray uniform. 

It might look a bit funky, but I say try it out.

8WLRiYh.png

It does look a little bit jarring at first with the light blue hat, but I think that as a whole it looks way more unified between the light blue hats and the socks. I also lightened the grey a touch so it didn't look so dark against the lighter color hat. I also added an outline which while it is very un-Yankee like, I think it adds to the look, plus look at it on the greys. It just pops. 

Let me know what you guys think!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Looks good! I'm surprised how much I like the light blue cap with the road uniform, and the emphasis on the lighter blue certainly makes them look much less like the Yankees. 

For consistency's sake, is there a way to work some yellow into the home uniform?

I like how that looks even more than I was expecting. Lightening the gray was a good move. Nice job!

This might sound like sort of a petty thing, but maybe to match the logos, the numbers should have just a light blue dropshadow, without an outline. This still looks great though.

Well, this looks fun!

Cardinals: I find myself liking both versions. Good work.

Phillies: Your final version is fantastic. I like the inverted road stripes. My only advice (and this applies to all of the concepts) is that you drop the NOB. It makes it more "Yankee-ish."

Giants: I've always been open to the team embracing black pinstripes on an alternate, which is why I find myself liking your home uniform! The road sleeves are surprisingly attractive as well. My only suggestion would be to trim off the gold drop shadow (but I can understand the logic behind keeping it - Orioles differentiation).

Cleveland: Aside from inverting the colors on the road uniform (red lettering with navy outlines), it's pretty sweet! The removal of the Wahoo patch is a good touch, too.

Rangers: The second version is better, but I don't mind the road version of the first set.

Rays: I like your update, but I do wish you went with powder lettering (with navy outlines). That may be a bit "much," but the whole set would "jive" a bit more with that color flip. Still, I'm impressed.

I look forward to seeing how you'll handle the rest of the majors!

JNHP0Qu.png

Quick project-wide note, there will be no NOB's going forward. I played with it on the first few teams and the consensus became apparent to me that it's been okay but would look better without the names. Anyway that aside, Cincy is up next. First note is that I dropped the black from the scheme. It might cause similarity issues between them and Philly, but I've never liked black in the Reds look so I took the chance to get rid of it. That being said, home uniform is very Yankees looking. I took the sleeve stripes on the road from Cleveland because it fits the Reds too. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Cincinnati looks perfect, especially the home set. The only suggestion I might make would be to add white outlines to the wordmark and numbers on the road uniform, but I'm not even sure it's needed. It was definitely the right decision to drop the black, though. 

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know what's been going on recently and why there hasn't been a team posted yet. I went to hockey practice Tuesday night and couldn't catch my breath. I went into the doctor the next day and they found that my left lung was partially collapsed, which was rather incorrect as the x-rays then showed it was 99% collapsed. So I'm currently sitting in a hospital bed with a tube in my side trying to reinflate my lung. Hope you guys still hang around for the thread. I hope to be discharged tomorrow and resting at home so hopefully I can get back to designing soon. 

Hope to be back soon!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

6 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know what's been going on recently and why there hasn't been a team posted yet. I went to hockey practice Tuesday night and couldn't catch my breath. I went into the doctor the next day and they found that my left lung was partially collapsed, which was rather incorrect as the x-rays then showed it was 99% collapsed. So I'm currently sitting in a hospital bed with a tube in my side trying to reinflate my lung. Hope you guys still hang around for the thread. I hope to be discharged tomorrow and resting at home so hopefully I can get back to designing soon. 

Hope to be back soon!

Oh wow, don't worry about a concept series if this is what is happening. Take your time. Hope you get better soon!

ExJworW.png

34 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Hope to be back soon!

Holy crap! :o Get better soon, dude! 

2 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Hope to be back soon!

Ah man, hope you get well soon! 

Best wishes your way!

2 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Hope to be back soon!

Ah man, hope you get well soon! 

Best wishes your way!

Archived