Going Full Yankee: An MLB Series

colinturner95

Coming to you semi-live from the St. Alphonsus Hospital in Nampa, ID. Current status is that my lung is reinflating but slower than expected so at least one more night in the hospital for me. But I am feeling better and breathing has gotten easier. Up next, the Atlanta Braves: 

DL0ZC5i.png

Not a large departure from what is currently worn. I used the cream as the base for the home uniform and used the A-tomahawk logo on the chest and the hat/batting helmet. For the road uniform, I used the ATLANTA script minus the tomahawk and kept the same sleeve striping. I think that's about it for these ones. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, why should something small like being hospitalized stop you from designing? ;)  I think this is my favorite one yet. You really followed my suggestions to a T and it turned out great! 

I had another idea, this one for the White Sox. Since a "Yankee-fied" version of their current uniform would be a bit of redundant, how about replacing their monogram logo with the '80s Batterman? The organization seems to be embracing that logo again, and it could look pretty cool on a pinstriped uniform. Just my .02 cents.

I love your look for the Braves, and I like how you are taking the liberty of not going full Yankee's to every team, but for the Braves I would be interested to see if you could try to make it look even more Yankee-like and make the cap and jersey logos different. Maybe put the tomahawk logo on the chest ant the regular cursive 'a' logo on the cap. Good work to this point, though. Keep it up!

IxkieML.png

3 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Coming to you semi-live from the St. Alphonsus Hospital in Nampa, ID. Current status is that my lung is reinflating but slower than expected so at least one more night in the hospital for me. But I am feeling better and breathing has gotten easier. Up next, the Atlanta Braves: 

DL0ZC5i.png

Not a large departure from what is currently worn. I used the cream as the base for the home uniform and used the A-tomahawk logo on the chest and the hat/batting helmet. For the road uniform, I used the ATLANTA script minus the tomahawk and kept the same sleeve striping. I think that's about it for these ones. 

C&C welcome!

Get better soon, and don't push yourself if you don't feel good. Great work on all these concepts so far, and I look forward to seeing lots more once you're back to full strength.

26 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

How are you feeling, @bkknight95?

Alive and sore. I got home yesterday morning, and have been taking it easy the last day and today. Hopefully tomorrow I can return to some normalcy and hopefully by Thursday, I'll be back to school at work. Today is the first day I've had my computer out since my last post, so I've got nothing done since. Hopefully i'll be back to "work" soon. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 minute ago, bkknight95 said:

Alive and sore. I got home yesterday morning, and have been taking it easy the last day and today. Hopefully tomorrow I can return to some normalcy and hopefully by Thursday, I'll be back to school at work. Today is the first day I've had my computer out since my last post, so I've got nothing done since. Hopefully i'll be back to "work" soon. 

Good to hear you're doing better! :peace:

Hopefully I'm still doing this right.

DwUVrLO.png

Up next is the Orioles. I tried to go with orange pinstripes, but it ended up being too overwhelming and I went with black which balanced it out more. I used the O's logo for the home and the helmet/caps. On the road greys, I used the Baltimore script, since there wasn't a block version. 

C&C welcome! I'll try not be away so long moving forward, provided I don't have another random injury:P

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I was just thinking about this series, and actually specifically thinking about what you would do with the Orioles, if you can believe it. I'm personally not a fan of the "O's" logo so I was going to suggest using the ornithological bird instead. The "O's" does look pretty good on the jersey, though. 

Anyway, it's good to have you back and in good health! 

If you're not gonna use the bird, I think this is the way to go. It keeps the Yankees idea of using the city initial on the jersey and cap. Also, it looks like the Orioles will be wearing a "B" cap starting next season. 

Nice work!

P.S. Counting the Yankees, you're 1/3 of the way through the league. Keep it up!

WnPXBKF.png

Sorry for the extended absence. I've been trying to get caught back up on school and so the designs took a backburner to that. Anyways, I'm back with the Angels. For starters, since their design is a little bit more complex, I got rid of all the beveling in the logos to simplify it. I also changed the halo color to yellow. With that said, red pinstripes on the home uniform. On the road uniform, I went with red/white cuff stripes. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Great to see this series back in action! The Angels look really nice, and I like that you made the cap logo white. For consistency with the rest of the series, I'd put the cap logo (in red) on the home uniform instead of using the "ANGELS" wordmark. Other than that, awesome job! 

On 10/18/2017 at 1:46 PM, bkknight95 said:

Mo1dEGL.png

Tampa Bay's identity could be so much better. If they had a better balance of navy and light blue, they'd look ten times better IMO. However that is not the discussion we're having here. Nope, now we're gonna see how the Yankees treatment hits them. Rather than navy pinstripes, I went light blue, thinking that it would be more unique. Also went with light blue socks and shoes for the unique factor. Same with the away sleeve stripes, where I tried to work in some yellow. 

C&C welcome!

To me, the side logo should have been the sunburst that the team currently uses in the BP gear. Besides that, 100% Rays fan approved!

spacer.png

Archived