TheBigFiz21

Redbox logo change

CS85    5,387

The fact that there's not a box/cube in the wordmark or anything remotely rectangular goes to show the quality of design displayed here.

officeglenn    311

I find it jarring to have the slab serifs on the R and the X but nowhere else. The symmetry with the d and the b is cool, but they could have kept that while adding serifs to those letters to tie it together more.

Terrible.

C-Squared    967
On 10/6/2017 at 10:33 AM, CS85 said:

The fact that there's not a box/cube in the wordmark or anything remotely rectangular goes to show the quality of design displayed here.

Is the negative space between the D and B supposed to resemble the Redbox disc container? Maybe the slot on the machine?

panthers_2012    479
59 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Is the negative space between the D and B supposed to resemble the Redbox disc container? Maybe the slot on the machine?

Maybe... But I'm focused on that stupid purple dot next to REDBOX.... 

Quillz    258

I think it looks much better.

8 hours ago, McCarthy said:

the db stands for dickandballs

I really should not have laughed at this.

Cosmic    2,554

The timeline seems backwards to me. If I didn't know anything about it, I'd swear, the red/purple was a late 90s/early 00s job. The new-old look seems to be more in line with the super simple san serif everyone is trotting out these days. I don't like the new look, but I like that somebody is trying something different.

Zeus89725    996

This is just bad. Looks like it's right out of the '90s, as said above. The color scheme and font fit together like peanut butter and cucumber. Just really badly. A certain few may like it, but they're disgusting and need to stop.

Heitert    325

It's not even subjectively bad. Objectively it's just sloppy, careless, and unappealing.