Sign in to follow this  
Bucfan56

Ralphie May Dead

Heart attack, so not terribly shocking, but still sad. He was hilarious. 

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/ralphie-may-dead-dies-comedian-last-comic-standing-1202583047/

Damn... This sucks. I loved this guy. He was great as a comedian.

Surprised he lived as long as he did.  

I've admittedly had issues in my family with people taking care of themselves si I'm probably coming at this from a harsher perspective but...

I don't care how funny you are.  I don't care what you accomplish in life.  If you do this to your body you're giving a giant middle finger to everyone who cares to you and I have no sympathy.

Whether he did it to himself or not, it's still sad to see someone die so early. Perhaps even sadder knowing it could have been prevented. 

8 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Whether he did it to himself or not, it's still sad to see someone die so early. Perhaps even sadder knowing it could have been prevented. 

What, someone force-fed him that second piece of pie?

1 minute ago, HedleyLamarr said:

What, someone force-fed him that second piece of pie?

Just saying it's just as sad he died from a heart attack as it would have been had he been killed in a car wreck. At least to me. 

19 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Just saying it's just as sad he died from a heart attack as it would have been had he been killed in a car wreck. At least to me. 

I agree. It's still sad. If you have no sympathy for him, don't comment. 

I think his issue was beyond just eating too much. I believe he had some health issues and a problem with his thyroid that led to his enormous size. 

I mean, he wasn't without blame, though. He apparently had a really serious drug issue that kind of cost him his marriage to Lahna Turner. But from what I remember, he had been trying to work in his weight most of his life.

15 hours ago, LMU said:

I've admittedly had issues in my family with people taking care of themselves si I'm probably coming at this from a harsher perspective but...

I don't care how funny you are.  I don't care what you accomplish in life.  If you do this to your body you're giving a giant middle finger to everyone who cares to you and I have no sympathy.

Take my word for it, fellas, you don't want to mess around with the heart stuff. 

30 minutes ago, Lenny Dykstra said:

My thoughts and prayers are with the fast food industry at this very difficult time

3lR0nzT.gif