Logo Advice

WissX

I am looking for advice to make logos that seem powerful or just better than what I have made.

This is my first real logo per say I just wanted to start here. This is my limit of ability essentially

0wjoSj9.png

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png
I am the guy who loves Wisconsin

So im going to keep the outline, the line in the middle I plan on changing to look like lake michigan against milwaukee

then I plan on adding MKE where said water would be,

Also how do I make my own text?

Right now I just want to learn how I can make designs look like actuall things

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png
I am the guy who loves Wisconsin

19 hours ago, WissX said:

Also how do I make my own text?

Right now I just want to learn how I can make designs look like actuall things

The boards are great for many things. But for outright instruction on how to do things, this doesn't work as your only source. It's not set up well for that, and that's okay, because nothing can be all things to all people.

Fortunately, you're not without resources. Myself, the logo I'm working on right now, I have to google right and left to help me do small tasks in Inkscape, or even to remember how to do things I used to know how to do and have forgotten, because design is complicated stuff. It takes a lot of work, a lot of mistakes, a lot of time.

Something else I'd highly recommend you start doing is drawing with paper and pencil. Draw everything around you. Keep drawing badly until you're not drawing badly anymore. Then keep drawing until you're drawing well. I say this because drawing teaches you about form, line, light and shadow, texture--everything you need for good design.

Nothing worth doing comes easy. But if you want something, you can work hard and get there.

rATMcmK.png

Archived