CFB Interactive Concepts (The American completed 1/15)

Chapeeko

Big 12

Baylor

I went away from their current look, it has a bad connection to their history. Went with a traditional look.

image.thumb.png.824320ef8c7f88267ce3883fdfcc538b.png

Iowa State

I like their alternate logo a lot more than their current primary. Some inspiration from their (now former) basketball uniforms.

image.thumb.png.bf78a5b092aeb0c0f3ec8b888082aff0.png

Kansas

No more chrome or gray

image.thumb.png.93a76a976f5132d27717efaeaffe2934.png

Kansas State

I love their current look, one of my favorites in all of football. I tried not to change anything.

image.thumb.png.9bac044074acceae2e22d806e0d6498e.png

Oklahoma

Not expecting many people to like this, but I went with crimson and cream. It is a unique look that I think could work if given time.

image.thumb.png.f7bce608f4369f259631e8b0fd7cf7d0.png

Oklahoma State

I love their current look, but there is a bit too much inconsistency. I never liked Pistol Pete on the helmet, so I got rid of that. I added a barbed wire pattern to the helmet and pants.

image.thumb.png.a6897308770f52a72bea2692ab973be2.png

TCU

I like the frogskin pattern, I just had to tone it down. I added a little bit of red to the facemask to represent the blood that they've used before.

image.thumb.png.a5a8572550f8ccbef8f5fcaae0704184.png

Texas

Pant stripe added.

image.thumb.png.07be2c480c781f07688dc6e0253aec3b.png

Texas Tech

Got inspiration from the Red Raider's cloak for the design.

image.thumb.png.7dad3237ce644c726585a23ec296af2c.png

West Virginia

Went with a design based on their iconic logo. No more obnoxious number font or black.

image.thumb.png.a021488892996e9a1293a2ffae15a0c0.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chapeeko said:

Big 12

Baylor

I went away from their current look, it has a bad connection to their history. Went with a traditional look.

image.thumb.png.824320ef8c7f88267ce3883fdfcc538b.png

Iowa State

I like their alternate logo a lot more than their current primary. Some inspiration from their (now former) basketball uniforms.

image.thumb.png.bf78a5b092aeb0c0f3ec8b888082aff0.png

Kansas

No more chrome or gray

image.thumb.png.93a76a976f5132d27717efaeaffe2934.png

Kansas State

I love their current look, one of my favorites in all of football. I tried not to change anything.

Oklahoma

Not expecting many people to like this, but I went with crimson and cream. It is a unique look that I think could work if given time.

image.thumb.png.f7bce608f4369f259631e8b0fd7cf7d0.png

Oklahoma State

I love their current look, but there is a bit too much inconsistency. I never liked Pistol Pete on the helmet, so I got rid of that. I added a barbed wire pattern to the helmet and pants.

image.thumb.png.a6897308770f52a72bea2692ab973be2.png

TCU

I like the frogskin pattern, I just had to tone it down. I added a little bit of red to the facemask to represent the blood that they've used before.

image.thumb.png.a5a8572550f8ccbef8f5fcaae0704184.png

Texas

Pant stripe added.

image.thumb.png.07be2c480c781f07688dc6e0253aec3b.png

Texas Tech

Got inspiration from the Red Raider's cloak for the design.

image.thumb.png.7dad3237ce644c726585a23ec296af2c.png

West Virginia

Went with a design based on their iconic logo. No more obnoxious number font or black.

image.thumb.png.a021488892996e9a1293a2ffae15a0c0.png

How did you get the font for OK State?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

As a Texas fan, I was really hoping that you would go a little more on Texas (maybe add a orange helmet and/or pants option). Outside of that, all of them look great, especially West Virginia (although I actually like their current font, and the only issue that I have with the current set is the black)

ExJworW.png

So many common-sense tweaks that make uniform sets better. This thread proves that, if the uniform is done right, it's more than OK to mix and match elements.

Unfortunately, this means your concepts would never be adopted.

Dang, I missed the ACC update.  But it looks stellar, as always.

Minor annoyances:

Duke's striping is incredibly thin.  How noticeable would it be?

Virginia's home numbers need some orange.  For that matter, all of KU's need some more trim.

VT's striping is messed up.

Why does everybody like Iowa State in tapering stripes?  I also am not a fan of the helmet logo.

TCU's red feels pointless.

I notice you re-added Texas's metallic helmet decals.  Not so hot on those.

For all my nitpicking, these are stellar.  Baylor is a clever and unique idea.  Oklahoma in cream looks nice.  Miami is a good mix of styles.  Etc.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 12:36 PM, Chapeeko said:

Kansas State

It's probably just because I'm a die-hard KSU fan, but I agree with you.  K-State and Auburn are probably my favorite uniform sets (when other teams' alts are in the picture) in NCAA football, even with Auburn's mismatched striping.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

HOLD UP:  Your Adidas template has the old sublimated pattern on it.  That's fine with me, since the barbed-wire is awful, but did you choose the older one on purpose or by accident?

@Magic Dynasty Thanks for the response. I wanted to keep Texas traditional, but I can see why you'd want orange helmets and pants. I don't mind West Virginia's font in a vacuum, but the past font matches up with the flying WV so much better IMO.

@Cardsblues02 Thanks for the kind words. The Frogs were my personal favorite of this batch.

@BJ Sands That means a lot to me. A little can go a long way, but in the age of chrome and BFBS, it seems to get lost in the noise. Thank you for your comments.

@itsmb8 I haven't heard of that, but since you seem to be in the loop I will take your word for it. However, I would totally disagree with that decision if it were to happen. Their current look is fine, getting rid of yellow would neuter their identity.

@Danny the Sheeb I appreciate you always giving me feedback, it means a lot to me.

• For the Duke striping, it would probably be hard to see from the press box, but Washington had a similar look (with even thinner stripes) and I don't think it looked too bad.
  • For Virginia's numbers, I am going to have to disagree with you because I matched the number and its outlines with the V in the logo. For Kansas my logic was that their logo and number font is already so thin, that an outline would make them look even smaller. Plus I'm a sucker for single colored numbers :P
  • Virginia Tech, in my eyes, has always had a very futuristic feel to them. I went with a modern cut to their striping as a nod to their past and relationship with futuristic and unique designs. Example 1 Example 2 (one of my favorite all time uniforms) Example 3 Example 4
  • I am a fan of the tapering stripes because it is unique, and I feel like it plays of their logos and font well. I like the logo I used because their current logo is just so bland, the bird head in a cyclone looks a lot better (at least to me).
  • TCU's red is just meant to give a little bit more flair to their helmets. I always loved the combination of red, black, and purple, but I feel like it doesn't suit TCU too well. So I relegated it to the two bars on the facemask.
  • I recognize that the metallic logo for the Longhorns is not for everybody, in fact I originally had a metallic and non-metallic option on the website. However, I think the metallic logo looks amazing when the light hits it right. To each their own I guess.
  • In regards to the adidas template, it's just the latest adidas template I have which is good I guess since their current template is complete garbage.

14 hours ago, Chapeeko said:

@BJ Sands That means a lot to me. A little can go a long way, but in the age of chrome and BFBS, it seems to get lost in the noise. Thank you for your comments.

No prob. If Pitt went to your concept they'd immediately have the best uniforms in pro or college football.

Ah.  Thanks.

I'm a little surprised that someone with this much of a classic touch for uniforms likes those black VT uniforms.  Not trying to insult you, but...:puke:

My constant nitpicking is for two reasons:  One, it's my natural tendency to find flaws.  Two, your sets are usually so good that the only thing I can do is criticize.  These have been stellar so far.  It would take less time to cherry-pick problems than go over the pros of every set.

In short, keep up the good work!

TCU is fire! The red accents round it out perfectly and the gray alternates are one of the best uniform designs i've seen in a while

Texas Tech another great subtle improvement from their current uniforms (as many of these are)

Only thing I would change from the Big 12 is to add the jay hawk logo to the Kansas helmets

5a0255efd31fb_e9b9f1167a390f6825f958e862e079cf(1).jpg.673b5478f45dcfcd5f2e867eb7990691.jpg

Keep up the great work Chapeeko

Sun%2BBowl_sig.png

I think you're killing this man. Loved the small detail on Duke and addition of cream to Oklahoma. 

But when you said 

You're not wrong, but uh, Baylor's traditional look has a history of sucking. I thought you missed your chance to really get funky with it. I like the idea of Baylor going to a modest, unoffensive design, but I was ready for some modern elements. Most of what you're doing is detail changes and color swaps, which is really good but man you could have used Baylor as a blank canvas. I would have loved to see what you could have come up with from scratch. 

Also, LSU has a gold game every year. I thought it would have been cool to see your take on a gold jersey, either a color swap of the main set or a throwback look like they used last season. 

All told, those are my only two points of note. Every thing else is close to perfect, apart from the unjust death of Pistol Pete. 

Can't wait to see Oregon. 

Big Ten East

Indiana

I tried to mimic their basketball piping.

NpRw9Gg.png

Maryland

Did a blend of eras. I liked their old turtleshell pattern. Included a lot of options since they're Under Armour's flagship school.

50E4u0E.png

Michigan State

Added some shoulder stripes.

nqLauhL.png

Michigan

Nothing to change here.

0qp4M6J.png

Ohio State

Throwback striping. Added more black.

EvbnVMF.png

Penn State

Throwback block numbers. Pant stripe added.

Nn7VYQE.png

Rutgers

I like their other R logo better. Incorporated some sword patterns without going too crazy like their past uniforms.

BeGTJkz.png

i mean, these are awesome. 10/10. just a few things to say, Feel like ole miss powder is too bold and bright but that might just be my computer settings, great pick though. Miss st adding silver is nice. Penn State is a classic and you made it better. I'd continue the Vtech helmet stripes all the way down, unless that's where helmet numbers would be. Georgia tech is great, not too big a fan of ohio state but i think thats my penn state bias showing. maryland i feel would be a little more ridiculous in real life, but i guess thats why these are concepts. Keep them coming, and the interactive stuff is the greatest presentation ive seen. Wish i could throw this into a video game honestly. 

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

All of these are very good. I really like what you have done with Oklahoma State by toning down all the craziness in their uniforms. My two knit picks is that on Kansas(which is my team), I really like the Jayhawk logo and their helmets that they have now, and I'm not a big fan of the "Terps" wordmark on the helmet. They have not used that for a while now. Otherwise, great job with the sets so far! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the Big 10!

Marlin.png

Archived