CFB Interactive Concepts (The American completed 1/15)

Chapeeko

This idea has been brewing in my head for a while now. My inspiration for this project is some concepts that @wyopokes2 did back in the day. He used an interactive uniform picker that I thought was a great idea. So I tried my hand at making a website and putting my concepts on there so that people can mix and match uniforms as they please. I would appreciate any C&C for the uniforms and also the website as I am not savvy at all with creating a website. Thank you.

CLICK ON THE TEAM NAMES TO SEE WHOLE CONCEPTS

ACC

Atlantic: Boston College | Clemson | Florida State | Louisville | NC State | Syracuse | Wake Forest

Coastal: Duke | Georgia Tech | Miami | North Carolina | Pittsburgh | Virginia | Virginia Tech

The American

East: Cincinnati | Connecticut | East Carolina | South Florida | Temple | UCF

West: Houston | Memphis | Navy | SMU | Tulane | Tulsa

Big 12

Baylor | Iowa State | Kansas | Kansas State | Oklahoma | Oklahoma State | TCU | Texas | Texas Tech | West Virginia

Big Ten

East: Indiana | Maryland | Michigan State | Michigan | Ohio State | Penn State | Rutgers

West: Illinois | Iowa | Minnesota | Nebraska | Northwestern | Purdue | Wisconsin

Independent

Army | BYU | Notre Dame | UMass

Ivy League

Brown | Columbia | Cornell | Dartmouth | Harvard | Penn | Princeton | Yale

Pac-12

South: Arizona | Arizona State | Colorado | UCLA | USC | Utah

North: California | Oregon | Oregon State | Stanford | Washington | Washington State

SEC

West: Alabama | Arkansas | Auburn | LSU | Mississippi State | Ole Miss | Texas A&M

East: Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Missouri | South Carolina | Tennessee | Vanderbilt

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SEC West

Nothing too crazy that you'll see here. The SEC should be traditional in my eyes.

Alabama

Nothing changes too much here.

image.thumb.png.e51fc3f6dac918b6ff08cce0d3f949dc.png

Arkansas

Tried to emulate a tusk with the jersey striping. Didn't want to go traditional because I feel their old look was too similar to Oklahoma. I got rid of the gray/black/anthracite/whatever it was as well.

image.thumb.png.c86e5b9336f52bd6d68c11960b0b1fee.png

Auburn

Nothing crazy here either, matched pant stripe to rest of striping. Contemplated an orange alternate, but decided against it. Let me know if you think I should add it.

image.thumb.png.b9bb7505adb1928037f4dbc1ebe6d70d.png

LSU

Went with a more traditional number font. Tried to unify the striping patterns. Got rid of the cuff striping because it cluttered things up too much. Tried a more traditional looking shoulder stripe.

image.thumb.png.1812b24ef009b7b0abb9354504f544e3.png

Mississippi State

I love the addition of silver to the Bulldogs identity, so I expanded on it. Unified striping once again. Added a silver jersey just for fun, definitely shouldn't be worn with silver helmet or pants. Maybe to be worn in Egg Bowl for a color vs color match up.

image.thumb.png.e5e37e205d34e536a3d1191998f382df.png

Ole Miss

Went all in on the powder blue, it's a unique color scheme in college football. Went to traditional block font. 

image.thumb.png.15d1a7578ec6c94cbeb78566f12c69f7.png

Texas A&M

Got rid of the awful bevel. Standardized striping on pants. That's about it. 

image.thumb.png.0e3fb08afd08ae0ca0032aca09b7fc31.png

YES.  A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

My only complaints are that Alabama's pant stripe should be one stripe, not two (to match the helmet stripe).  Also, I wish they'd use TV numbers.  I love TV numbers (but I'll let A&M get away with it).

I like Ole Miss in navy, but powder blue looks really stellar.  Good job.

If Auburn's pant stripes were like that in real life, they might have the best uniforms in college football.

Will we see road versions?

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

@Danny the Sheeb Thanks for the feedback!

For Alabama I guess I am a bit of a hypocrite for not changing their pant stripe, but it just looks right to me the way it is. For their TV numbers, I decided against it since they have the numbers on the helmets.

There actually are road versions, and alternates for some, just click on the team name in the first post, or in the other post!

3 hours ago, Chapeeko said:

@Danny the Sheeb Thanks for the feedback!

For Alabama I guess I am a bit of a hypocrite for not changing their pant stripe, but it just looks right to me the way it is. For their TV numbers, I decided against it since they have the numbers on the helmets.

There actually are road versions, and alternates for some, just click on the team name in the first post, or in the other post!

Ah, that makes sense.  I go crazy about mismatched stripes, though.

3 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Ah, that makes sense.  I go crazy about mismatched stripes, though.

To be fair, Alabama's pants stripe is a white stripe with crimson on each side, EXACTLY like their helmet..

Moral of the story: There's usually more than one way to be "consistent" with striping 

3 hours ago, WavePunter said:

To be fair, Alabama's pants stripe is a white stripe with crimson on each side, EXACTLY like their helmet..

Moral of the story: There's usually more than one way to be "consistent" with striping 

good point.  I guess there's more than one way to skin a cat.

SEC East

Florida

Made sure all the striping was consistent. (Orange jersey). Also made the white helmet have the F logo on both sides and fixed that helmet striping too.

image.thumb.png.abce4dbbe6f11b174fa1b4cb05615e07.png

Georgia

Changed facemask to black, to better balance the color with the rest of the uniform. Added a silver helmet as well. Figured there is a history with the silver helmets, but I wanted to execute it better than these monstrosities.

image.thumb.png.5d0648a079d7f464b5830703df213228.png

Kentucky

No more chrome. No more BFBS. No more gray.

image.thumb.png.1d9de2821721bffb3db8c0c04df60ac2.png

Missouri

Attempted to simplify their striping pattern. Cut out the gray, it was redundant and took away from what a great color scheme they have with black and gold. Ditched the oversized logo helmet. Also tried to cut white out as much as possible in the black and gold uniform pieces.

image.thumb.png.b5017de79e878eb898532ebf890f5767.png

South Carolina

Never been a big fan of the gamecock on the helmet, however I am a fan of the interlocking SC. I went for a simple look. I didn't match the helmet striping to the rest because for some reason, it didn't look right when it matched.

image.thumb.png.f0f69081f29782328bfb2e4eafb2d8ae.png

Tennessee

Dropped the 'smokey grays'. Fixed their weird collar situation on the road jerseys. Added white to sleeves and collar for the home jersey. Added an orange helmet, which would ideally have a satin finish. Also reverted back to their old number font because it fits their logo better than the current one.

image.thumb.png.791f98f50ba83e73453457d721c47c62.png

Vanderbilt

Ditched the anchor theme, I found it tacky. Changed to a number font that matches the wordmark instead of that weird Agency FB type thing they have going on now.

image.thumb.png.3e830527f21834c36c7941d96293df26.png

Thank you so much, i really hate the gray and BFBS Kentucky is pushing, i feel like we wear that every other game any more

my only nitpick is that you dropped vandys (imo) awesome helmets, its something different, and it works

everything is 100 from me otherwise, keep up the good work

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Just a few problems: UK's pant stripe, SC using two different logos, and UGA not using block numbers.

Now that Georgia's facemask is black, the gray pants seem illogical.

43 minutes ago, Chapeeko said:

Kentucky

No more chrome. No more BFBS. No more gray.

YES.  Join the Common Sense Brigade.

• 2 weeks later...

ACC Atlantic

Boston College

Nothing too wild here. Went with a classic and timeless look. Kept the options for pants and also a gold jersey that should never be worn with the gold pants.

image.thumb.png.438abe0d98a19474953880f2097fa26c.png

Clemson

Got the pants stripe to match the helmet. Added a white helmet because I thought it didn't look terrible.

image.thumb.png.c0e6b2e3d2af734283442a33a3b47878.png

Florida State

Got rid of the neck pattern striping, there was too much going on. Added back the short-lived white pants. Kept the "Unconquered" set because I actually like the look and it serves its purpose as a once a year uniform well.

image.thumb.png.dec220948e51a238261610ddcf991d00.png

Louisville

No more chrome. No more bird wings. I feel like they deserve a more traditional look. So I went back to their previous striping, but flipped the colors around some.

image.thumb.png.de1ded5fe9ae3a57bd61a8816b9ef708.png

NC State

Another traditional look. Included the option for a blackout since that is actually one of their colors.

image.thumb.png.390ed761fdbd0b8b75580032d76ce610.png

Syracuse

Emphasized orange. Got rid of weird striping. Fixed absurd number font.

image.thumb.png.eead1a95bf6486df1fd8848c5f2233b6.png

Wake Forest

Love their current look. Got rid of the collar stripe though, the sleeves are enough to make this a good look.

image.thumb.png.af5d70e2a9882f2821ba49426a6f7f2c.png

Yay, you're back!

These look nice, with some small quirks (nothing huge, except maybe FSU's striping).  I feel like, in another dimension, we'd be related.

Love NC State's sleeve numbers.

Clemson's white helmet doesn't look "terrible", but it doesn't look great, either.

@CoolestSportsConcepts Thanks for the feedback. I added some more Tuffy helmets because I that's a great logo, and a good suggestion. 

@Danny the Sheeb Thanks for the compliment, I try to keep things pretty simple. I'm glad someone appreciates it. My intention for the white Clemson helmet was for it to be worn once a year for a white-out at Death Valley. (IDK I think that'd be pretty cool)

The presentation is awesome. How did you do it like that on the Wix site? I have a similar website with the ability to toggle through the various options and it looks totally different. The way you’ve got it is definitely the best way to show many options all at once without having to post 15 different images.

41E1BADB-5D53-4C83-B051-523DA8DC5AB3.jpeg

@aawagner011 It's hard to say exactly where you're going wrong, but if you are using a slideshow, make sure to scale the images to their original sizes. In whatever program you use to make the concepts, make the uniform the size that you want it to be on the website so that it doesn't get distorted. If you need any help feel free to pm me.

ACC Coastal

Duke

Tried to make them less of a Colts-lookalike. I got inspired a bit by the basketball teams neck and armhole striping. Put a little flair on the shoulder stripes partially based off of this logo. I chose the number font based off of this logo.

image.thumb.png.73511cd9f16613cac0c9173ea8438fd0.png

Georgia Tech

Nothing too crazy here, went with a popular look.

image.thumb.png.95428441be66d167d2a888fb768c45fd.png

Miami

Their current look is close, but not quite there. I added some pattern to the striping and a rain pattern to the numbers which is a rip-off of this idea by @mattwillcox.

image.thumb.png.af1701dffd98cb253ff481392400e140.png

North Carolina

Nothing much to change here.

image.thumb.png.f0251379c9fa91bb21c822cb9f604468.png

Pittsburgh

Went back to the old color scheme because it is so unique for them, plus there's too much navy in the conference already.

image.thumb.png.7cd347533715e33f59507f839f8bd8df.png

Virginia

Went with a design based off of the swords featured in the logo.

image.thumb.png.ab2fedfcc74e65abfefc453e1ff2347f.png

Virginia Tech

Only a couple of changes, went with a modern pant and helmet stripe cut.

image.thumb.png.1a28abc787d0173bb72650ee04b3b5ff.png

Archived