NFL Throwback Thursdays

JamieRose

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JimmyN64 said:

Chicago @ Green Bay (both 1950s with a pinch of 30s)

Fbk4ica.png

mIXAQbR.png

The bright shade of green has me thinking Oregon, and in a good way.  Nice job.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

30 minutes ago, ATolly66 said:

The Bears v. Packers matchup could cause problems for those who are color blind (like myself).

Honestly, thank you for bringing that up, it hadn't even crossed my mind!

Luckily Green Bay had a yellow jersey with green pants at the time, so it was a simple swap.  Would this work better?

58OV2mD.png

I've now learned that Adobe has a color blindness preview (helpful!) and for anyone who may be curious, here's how the the former combination may have looked --

eVmVsBe.png

TDZiMMB.png

6 hours ago, JimmyN64 said:

Luckily Green Bay had a yellow jersey with green pants at the time, so it was a simple swap.  Would this work better?

58OV2mD.png

I've now learned that Adobe has a color blindness preview (helpful!) and for anyone who may be curious, here's how the the former combination may have looked --

eVmVsBe.png

Maybe going full 1934? Orange vs Blue?

20 hours ago, JimmyN64 said:

58OV2mD.png

eVmVsBe.png

The Yellow Jersey works so much better. Thank you!

On 10/9/2017 at 12:09 PM, JimmyN64 said:

For this, I set myself 2 basic rules:

1. Must use the same helmets as usual

I'm guessing you have disregarded this rule or am I just confused? I was thinking by this you meant they would have to use their current helmet only.

1 hour ago, Skycast said:

I'm guessing you have disregarded this rule or am I just confused? I was thinking by this you meant they would have to use their current helmet only.

The one-helmet rule doesn't include helmet decals or facemasks as they're easily interchangeable, it just applies to the shell.

TDZiMMB.png

13 hours ago, CodeG said:

as much as I wanted a Bucco Bruce vs Pat Patriot, this game would definitely be one of the better Throwback Thursday Jerseys

That would be stellar...stupid one-helmet rule.

But I still despise those Pats jerseys.

This is a tremendous thread. Nicely done, Jim. I appreciate both the photo-realistic template and the flat template. It gives a greater sense of both the details and how the uniforms "feel."

One nit-pick with the Panthers' fauxback: I appreciate that you're sticking closely to the original Hornets helmet by going black-white-black (and then being consistent with the pants stripe), it feels a bit unbalanced without any Carolina blue included. I think that's just a function of trying to make a four-color team fit into a three-color design. You've done a good job; it's just still a bit unbalanced. Though it's hard to make out from the various photos I've seen, it appears that the 1975 iteration of the Hornets used pants stripes that went black-very thin white-gold-very thin white-black. Perhaps that approach to stripes (on both the pants and helmet) would make for a more balanced look?

06.jpg  Hornets4.jpg

Just an idea! Again, excellent thread!

6 hours ago, JimmyN64 said:

Philadelphia (1978) @ Carolina (1975 Fauxback based on 1975 WFL Hornets)

wSGfZ8s.png

99HoeWT.png

These aren't the greatest, but man are they creative.

Archived