NFL Throwback Thursdays

JamieRose

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best thing about these jerseys so far is finding ways to have throwbacks while working with the one helmet rule. This could be a very realistic option for Nike to try after color rush dies out.

p.s. I think a grey face mask on the Seahawks helmet would be the cherry on top of a already stellar uniform.

Since I have them all done, I'll just start posting the rest!

Tennessee (1975 Houston Oilers) @ Pittsburgh (1974)

For Pittsburgh I wanted to recreate the look from their first Super Bowl win, so they're the only team with mandatory sleeves.

NF5yrXM.png

zxMR3FS.png

New York Giants (1976) @ Washington (1969)

TjHQSqS.png

nwybdvn.png

TDZiMMB.png

<Cringe Houston fan screaming that the Texans should wear those uniforms bc *city* and Bud Adams sucks and we deserve the Oilers>

</Cringe Houston fan screaming that the Texans should wear those uniforms bc *city* and Bud Adams sucks and we deserve the Oilers>

Honestly, however, this is an absolute beauty to look at. This whole series is. Every matchup looks like it could seriously be worn on a football field, and none look anything short of what could be these teams primary sets. Keep it up, can't wait to see the Lions!

Washington (1969) @ Dallas (1971)

Note: At the time I started this series this was the only game listed for "Thursday Night Football"

NNz6tWs.png

vsOSUxi.png

New Orleans (1969) @ Atlanta (1969)

NoH0tKD.png

wjf0xKN.png

Denver (1979) @ Indianapolis (1986)

jPCukqR.png

gM7uFyv.png

TDZiMMB.png

On 10/20/2017 at 11:08 AM, JimmyN64 said:

Since I have them all done, I'll just start posting the rest!

Tennessee (1975 Houston Oilers) @ Pittsburgh (1974)

For Pittsburgh I wanted to recreate the look from their first Super Bowl win, so they're the only team with mandatory sleeves.

NF5yrXM.png

zxMR3FS.png

New York Giants (1976) @ Washington (1969)

TjHQSqS.png

nwybdvn.png

@Ferdinand Cesarano, there's something here I think you should see...

On 10/19/2017 at 10:33 AM, JimmyN64 said:

Buffalo (1981) @ New York Jets (1981)

They both wore wrong-colored helmets for their 94 throwbacks, so why not so the same here?

swEYCHp.png

OXQJBWo.png

Forget a throwback/fauxback, I think NYJ should adopt these full-time.

Excellent work! I’ve really enjoyed following this series.

I’m especially impressed by the way you worked within the boundaries you set yourself with the single helmet rule, and keeping the matchup within the same period. I really thought you had painted yourself into a corner, as a few teams have completely changed their look, while others have essentially kept the same uniform throughout their history. I love that Seattle uniform! The mix of the old style uniform with their modern colours works remarkably well!

You certainly proved that Throwback Thursday can be done, even within the single helmet rule. And I would not completely dismiss the possibility of something like this happening. The NFL has its 100th anniversary in a few years, by then I assume the Colour Rush will have run its course. The league may wish teams to wear an occasional throwback, as they did for the 75th. What better way to do it than switching Colour Rush Thursday to Throwback Thursday?

This has been absolutely perfect Jimmy. The Patriots-Chiefs, Bears-Packers, and Browns-Ravens matchups are drool-worthy. Definitely one of the best uniform series I've ever seen!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Archived