NoE38

AFL to NHL Crossover (Geelong posted 10/15)

NoE38    427

So this is the series I mentioned about in my new look NHL, which now will be going on alongside this series, the AFL-NHL crossover!

Australian Rules Football is an amazing sport that I wish had more of a global presence, especially here in Canada. For you folks who don't know what this sport is, here you go. I discovered it two years ago, and am now a proud supporter of the Western Australian teams.

This idea came to mind when the folks at HJC started the AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League) redesign. I'd been wanting to do another crossover series, and everything just clicked.

Adelaide Crows

Brisbane Lions

Carlton Blues

Collingwood Magpies

Essendon Bombers

Fremantle Dockers

Geelong Cats

Gold Coast Suns

GWS Giants

Hawthorn Hawks

Melbourne Demons

North Melbourne Kangaroos

Port Adelaide Power

Richmond Tigers

St Kilda Saints

Sydney Swans

West Coast Eagles

Western Bulldogs

I will be starting off with the two recent grand finalists, Richmond and Adelaide, then going down the ladder (standings). So without further ado, here we go!

First off are the newly crowned premiers after 37 years, the Richmond Tigers. The team's jumpers (uniforms) are black with a yellow sash, so I turned it into a chest stripe to fit in with other hockey jerseys. The aways are yellow as a tribute to the jumpers the tigers won the premiership in. The sock stripes are inspired by the team's past home jumpers. The numbers are white like they are on the club's jumpers.

t5akt1b.png

C&C appreciated!

NoE38    427

If there's no feedback, here's the other grand finalist, the  Adelaide Crows.

First off, The crows have a horrible logo, If I could actually make a logo, I would put another one on this set.

The crows' jumpers are one of my favourites in the AFL. The colours are appealing, and the pattern makes it pop. I tried to incorporate that pattern as much as possible on the hem, arms, socks, colours, and pants. Not much else to it really.

3vRRoaZ.png

C&C welcome.

willmoen    39

This is definitely a great start to what is sure to be a great series. I also got into Aussie Rules about two years ago and became a Crows fan (sucks that they lost to Richmond, though). Both teams look great and I agree with @ldconcepts in making the stripes on Richmond's socks the same for each set.

NoE38    427
On 10/12/2017 at 8:48 PM, ldconcepts said:

Both look great! For practicality purposes, I’d keeps Richmond’s socks the same on both sets.

On 10/12/2017 at 10:06 PM, willmoen said:

This is definitely a great start to what is sure to be a great series. I also got into Aussie Rules about two years ago and became a Crows fan (sucks that they lost to Richmond, though). Both teams look great and I agree with @ldconcepts in making the stripes on Richmond's socks the same for each set.

Updated the OP with the new socks. Now that I think about it, that would be a lot more practical than what I originally had. Thanks for the input.

Here's the highest finishing non-grand finalist, the Geelong Cats. For those of you who don't know, The cats are one of the oldest sports clubs in the world, founded 158 years ago, in 1859. Because of their longevity, I tried to make this set as traditional as possible. I took the two white stripes from the logo and used them as sleeve and sock stripes. the hems are filled in to distinguish them from other concepts I've done, and from NHL teams such as the Maple Leafs and Lightning.

EdeFUQ4.png

C&C welcome.

Next up: Anyone hear a sound from the west?

B-mer    346

Those are pretty nice and classy. Not that I have any familiarity with this league or individual team histories, this has still been a great series so far.