AFL to NHL Crossover (Giants alt posted 12/28) (C&C wanted)

NoE38_Concepts

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I haven't posted much lately, but I'll be back on track for the last two teams.

The Second-last team in this series are the lowly Gold Coast Suns, who have won just over 25% of all their games since they came into the league in 2011. The Suns have without a doubt the worst logo in the league, full of gradients and other unnecessary touch-ups, So for this set, I removed all the shininess and gradients, and made the oval GC the centre of attention. For the jerseys, I used a side panel pattern that imitates their current jumpers, while paying homage to the ocean coast. The panels converge near the hem, imitating the end of a surfboard, as a tribute to Surfer's Paradise. Blue is only used on their white jumper, so I made it less prominent on the home, and more on the away.

Eu0qwfP.png

C&C welcome.

Next up: Sorry again, Fitzroy fans.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to AFL to NHL Crossover (Gold Coast posted 12/4) (C&C wanted)

If there's nothing, here's the last team, the Brisbane Lions.

The lions became a team in 1996 when a struggling Melburnian team, the Fitzroy Lions, merged with the lowly Brisbane Bears. The new team combined both team's color schemes to make a unique one of maroon, blue, and gold. The team took Fitzroy's jumpers and put them in their new color scheme, creating what they've been wearing to this day. The jumpers have a blue yoke, so it was a no-brainer to have one on this set. The home pattern is inspired by the Bears' jumpers, while the away adds two extra stripes to accomodate all three colours on a white base.

RIeFGHM.png

C&C welcome.

Since I've created main sets for each team, I'm open to requests for alternates. If you want a certain team or design, I'm all ears!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to AFL to NHL Crossover (Brisbane posted 12/5) (C&C wanted)

These footy to ice hockey concepts are really good! As @goalieboy82 mentioned, heritage jerseys can be done (e.g. older versions of the St. Kilda and Carlton logos, 70s-80s Marbold era VFL-style logos (Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne, Richmond just to name a few), or try a green/red Freo jersey).

A Fitzroy ice hockey crossover would be nice or try even the Brisbane Bears (you could put it in the Brisbane Lions throwbacks/heritage jerseys). Or go smaller-scale and work on SANFL and WAFL clubs if you want to.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Haven't been feeling well lately, so I haven't really had the chance to think of any ideas yet.

For the teams that have had different looks, I'll be doing throwbacks to them.

For the ones who've had the same look for their entire history, I'll try to do a new look based on previous alternates.

I'm currently working on a red-green (but still mainly purple) Freo alt right now, that should be up soon.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, goalieboy82 said:

for Port (when they were they old SANFL Magpies)

Port-1978.gif

for North Melbourne:

North-1925.gif

port still ARE the SANFL magpies... both teams have the same ownership and i believe always have

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

1 hour ago, RichardWitham said:

port still ARE the SANFL magpies... both teams have the same ownership and i believe always have

Weren't originally. The Power only merged with the SANFL Magpies team 5 or 6 years ago.

I'm back, with a red and green Freo alt!

Originally, I wanted to go all out half-and half on this, but all of the ideas looked better suited for a beer league team rather than a professional one, I decided to compromise. The striping pattern is inspired by this clash from 2001-04. The set still features two subtle nods to the original jumpers, on the shoulder area and the pant stripes.

4hXHuaF.png

C&C appreciated!

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to AFL to NHL Crossover (Fremantle Alt posted 12/14) (C&C wanted)

Okay, next up is probably the most unorthodox jersey I've ever done, @goalieboy82's request for the St Kilda Saints. The jersey is almost entirely identical to the one worn by the Saints from 1915-18. (Fun fact: The Saints switched the white for yellow during these years due to them being German colours during WWI). Only thing different designwise are the socks. I added numbers in the shoulders to make them readable. (@goalieboy82 if there's anything you want changed, just let me know)

GPJpojz.png

Again, Any C&C and requests welcome here.

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to AFL to NHL Crossover (St Kilda Alt posted 12/17) (C&C wanted)
16 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Okay, next up is probably the most unorthodox jersey I've ever done, @goalieboy82's request for the St Kilda Saints. The jersey is almost entirely identical to the one worn by the Saints from 1915-18. (Fun fact: The Saints switched the white for yellow during these years due to them being German colours during WWI). Only thing different designwise are the socks. I added numbers in the shoulders to make them readable. (@goalieboy82 if there's anything you want changed, just let me know)

GPJpojz.png

me like.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

15 hours ago, NoE38 said:

GPJpojz.png

This is terrifying 

Okay, Here's the next alternate, this time for the Crows. Thanks to @Melody22B for the suggestion!

The design is almost entirely based on this jumper from the early 2000's. Only differences are the logo, number colour, and removal of the back shield. The sleeves and socks only have two stripes so it isn't too busy, and the gloves copy the striping pattern.

jzgXClb.png

C&C and requests are appreciated!

EDIT: Just to clarify, I did not make this logo. All credit for it goes to reddit user TheNightBuilder.

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to AFL to NHL Crossover (Adelaide alt posted 12/22) (C&C wanted)

Here we have another suggestion from @Melody22B, this time for Geelong.

This one is based off the pre-season jumper worn this year. I felt made sense for the Cats to use a white alt because of their AFL identity. This jersey takes the 5 stripes and puts them below the yoke, and the arms and hem use two of those small stripes accompanied by a filled in stripe. The sock stripes mimic the sleeves, and the captains patches are contained in the same shield as the primary logo.

yCPrXMn.png

Remember, I'm taking requests, so I'm open to doing any design you want to see. Any C&C you guys have is also greatly appreciated.

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to AFL to NHL Crossover (Geelong alt posted 12/23) (C&C wanted)

If there's no C&C, here's the next alt, this one for the Giants.

This one is a modern look for a modern team. the unusual diagonal striping is inspired by this jumper, with the same striping on the front and back. I also added a sleeve-length yoke to add more charcoal to the jersey. Same font as the main set.

VJ9K9Tb.png

Any C&C and requests would be appreciated.

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to AFL to NHL Crossover (Giants alt posted 12/28) (C&C wanted)

Archived