phightin21

European Professional Baseball League

phightin21    16

Hey People,

As a baseball enthusiast from Germany, I'm always trying to envision a European equivalent to the MLB. Cause Baseball isn't that popular in Europe there won't be anything similiar in the near future. Therefore I will try to do 30 concepts for Teams all around the continent. Because I have no clue how to use Illustrator and only own PS CS2 I will focus on designing unis not logos. With the wordmark and cap letters I mostly use existing ones, so credit for those goes to whoever designed them. So lets have a look.

phightin21    16

I started out with the North Western Division made up of London, Manchester, Glasgow, Dublin and Amsterdam.

First up: The Amsterdam Chafferers

Chafferer is an old word for trader, leaning on amsterdams history as a trade capital during the late middle ages. Therefore they wear the colors of the old west indian trading company.

59df6312bcfc9_AmsterdamChafferersKomplettKopie.thumb.jpg.6c53bb790fd09809837828c7b04c76e8.jpg

The three X are out of the City Flag of Amsterdam. 

phightin21    16

Next: The Glasgow Mungos

St.Mungo is was the first Bishop of Glasgow and is the patron of the Scots. Mungo also is used as a word in the textil industry that had a huge impact on glasgow during industialization.

So I went with kind of a Padres like church themed identity.

59df63f741d9d_GlasgowMungosKomplettKopie.jpg.3bc9f863923d40269c12404eaa170686.jpg

phightin21    16

Next: The Dublin Heather

Heather is a plant that can be found all over Ireland and its indistiguishable color gives a really unique identity.

Heather also is known as a really resilent plant, that can grow in uninhabitable areas which could represent the resistence of the irish people versus the british.

59df655b5b5b6_DublinHeatherKomplettKopie.thumb.jpg.8833e8c4b17afbbc7e986e9afaba942d.jpg

As with Amsterdam I again went with kind of a nation not city based road alternate.

I'm not wether or not I like the home unis. They kind of have a 90s/00s feel to them with the black outlines everywhere

Pulv!    191

I really really like the Chaffs and Dublin Heather (also if the name is a bit out of the domain of usual baseball nomenclature...). Glasgow is simple yet classy but I'm not fond of the roundel you put like a badge on the chest, IMO it looks a lot better as a shoulder patch as in the alternate. If you want the roundel on the chest maybe you can try to eliminate the script in one of the alternates and just have an enlarged roundel on one side. Keep on the good work!