NBA x NIKE 2017 Hand Drawn (Brooklyn Nets added)

ckunz

The NBA season is officially underway tonight!!! Although we have seen plenty of the new Nike uniforms already, tonight is the real deal. There have been lots of mixed feelings with the release of many jerseys. I decided that I wanted to design my own NBA x Nike uniforms so they could look how I want them to: no sponsor patches, unique looks and a few updates. 

For my concepts, I had a friend create the template which I then color and design for each team. I went with a round neck for all the teams just because I think it looks the best. The NBA logo is on the back collar and hopefully the placement of the Nike logos is correct on the uniforms and shorts. Keep in mind that these are hand design and colored so once a line is drawn it's hard to erase. I tried to keep the overall look of the team similar to what they have now and just add my own spin on them. I actually started these concepts toward the end of last season and some of the player names that I put on the jerseys became incorrect as they moved teams or were traded in the off season. That caused me to have to redo some jerseys for the sake of me being a perfectionist. I don't have the entire league done yet but I will post them as they come. 

So, without further ado, the Atlanta Hawks Association and Icon editions. C&C is always appreciated and welcome. Enjoy!

Atlanta Hawks Association.jpg

Atlanta Hawks Icon.jpg

Up next is the Milwaukee Bucks. This is probably my favorite one so far. "Milwaukee" should have gone on the front of the Icon edition but with hand drawing, it just doesn't fit lol. I stuck to their current color palette and went with a more modern look of their retro side striping. One of the most underrated color schemes in the NBA. Hopefully you guys like this concept as much as I do.

Milwaukee Bucks Association.jpg

Milwaukee Bucks icon.jpg

5 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

Looks good, I would just make the team name font a little thicker, like you did on the Bucks green jersey.

Thanks a lot!!! I never realized how thin I made them until you said so. 

Your concepts are pretty good. You should really invest some time into making them digital. Inkscape is a free program to download, and you can use it to make really cool stuff. There are templates already available, and you can find guides and instructions online. I've been using it for years.

20 hours ago, Ben5 said:

Your concepts are pretty good. You should really invest some time into making them digital. Inkscape is a free program to download, and you can use it to make really cool stuff. There are templates already available, and you can find guides and instructions online. I've been using it for years.

Thank you. I’ve been doing hand drawn my whole life and just have never tried to do digital. Maybe I’ll try Inkscape. Thank you! 

Minnesota Timberwolves are up next! I decided I go with their old color scheme with modern striping and hopefully this looks modern enough for them. Let’s be honest, the stripes on their current Nike jerseys are awful. “Minnesota” could be placed on the icon uniform. Enjoy! Thanks for viewing. C&C appreciated. 

6972E285-1588-4075-91D4-2F7B63E23812.jpeg

327FF29F-7F0B-46AB-9294-EF1B4008C556.jpeg

4 hours ago, andyfootball67 said:

I like the wolves but my flip the shorts triangle and put it on the bottom

Thank you I’m glad you do. Unfortunately with hand drawn concepts, there’s no editing unless you want to re do the whole Jersey. 

On 10/20/2017 at 8:45 AM, C-Squared said:

Usually, hand-drawn concepts are pretty wonky and need a lot of imagination from the viewer to appreciate... these concepts are really crisp and the details are well done, very cool!

That’s definitely what I tried to avoid while creating these. I’m glad you like them so far! Thank you for your comments!!

Next is the the Cleveland Cavaliers. I have eliminated navy from their color scheme and went with wine and gold. I added a design to the side of the jerseys and shorts. I think this one turned out nice but I would love to hear anyone’s opinion on this. Thanks!

B5599787-749C-4D78-929B-C3620D7F7A31.jpeg

5EA5AC33-896D-46B7-B45A-73223A5F2BDB.jpeg

Here’s the San Antonio Spurs!! I love their “Fiesta” color scheme so I decided to go back to that. Their new updates font with Nike is very nice and the Spurs haven’t changed their uniforms for years. I wanted to give them a more modern look which hopefully doesn’t look as bland and I certainly feel good about this one. 

C&C is welcome !! 

FB96D796-50C0-470E-AC38-096C28BC42FF.jpeg

BD9566E0-CD66-45FD-9238-B8408B8E6ECA.jpeg

Love alot of the work here

But theres two things im iffy about

Maybe its bias, but not a big fan of the spurs font, nor the Black jersey saying san antonio

I do love the striping though, great job incorporating the fiesta colors

And its kinda hard to read phoenix and Atlantas colored uniforms scripts.

But otherwise, i love all the updates, cant wait to see what you have for the rest of the teams

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

16 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Love alot of the work here

But theres two things im iffy about

Maybe its bias, but not a big fan of the spurs font, nor the Black jersey saying san antonio

I do love the striping though, great job incorporating the fiesta colors

And its kinda hard to read phoenix and Atlantas colored uniforms scripts.

But otherwise, i love all the updates, cant wait to see what you have for the rest of the teams

Thank you. 

I appreciate your input. May I ask why you don't like the font? Obviously I was trying to go with an old western font. What words would you put on the black jersey? 

I'm glad you like the striping because to me that's what completes the whole uniform. 

Now that you say that about Phoenix and Atlanta I am starting to see that. I never noticed that before but thanks for pointing it out. I'll try to make future icon edition uniforms are legible. 

Thank you for your words. Can't wait to show you guys what's next

Honestly, it may just be me, but i feel its more appropriate to keep the spurs font more, spursy, keeping it more like the jerseys theyve worn for the past 20 great years, but again i am a huge spurs fan

I also feel that the San Antonio script could better fit an alternate, or throwback, for the same reason.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived