Washington State Cougars Logo

mcrosby

I love me a logo with something hidden in it. That said, I hate the WSU logo. It's not hidden, it's just the worst. 

Here's my attempt. I started with the top two options, because I wanted to keep the Cougar head tilted back, similar to the WSU logo. I'm struggling with how to finish off the bottom portion of the logo with this setup. Turns out rotating it fixes that issue, but loses that tilted back roar the original logo has. Thoughts?

FcWDARy.png

I like the bottom left. It's sleeker and I like the way it looks on the helmet. Wazzu's current logo just just so we'll known though. Anything else, although it looks really good, feels kinda weird to me. Great work though, as always.

20 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

I like the bottom left. It's sleeker and I like the way it looks on the helmet. Wazzu's current logo just just so we'll known though. Anything else, although it looks really good, feels kinda weird to me. Great work though, as always.

I agree, I think that is my favorite out of the four options. I think the WSU logo is so iconic it's hard to imagine it being replaced. All four of these kind of have a Oregon State vibe to them, which isn't a bad thing, I just don't think it's a Wazzu thing. When I was a kid, I couldn't see the cougar head, but rather saw a snail with the W as the shell, S as the snail body and U making the mouth.

SEAsig.png

Of the four, bottom left is my favorite too.  

It is Oregon State-ish...but I also got a Northern Iowa feel to it (panthers, cougars, similar animal).  I do like the bold white outline (looks great on the crimson helmet), especially as the logo uses crimson and gray and white.  So the coloring is great, but the logo seems a little too close to other schools.  

The helmet with the big logo doesn't work for me, as the facemask gets in the way and makes it look more like a bird than a cougar.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 hours ago, Xamboni said:

Why is the outside stroke rounded?

I hadn't noticed this, and now I do and can't unsee it. That should definitely be fixed.

That said, this logo is a good big cat logo. I like it a lot.

Can it replace WSU's logo? No. I think that's because WSU's logo has been around for so long that any change to it would feel weird unless it's an Arizona Cardinals/Seattle Seahawks-style update. But, for some other team with that name, it's a great logo.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Archived