CFL/NHL Adidas Questions

johnnysama

I have a couple questions regarding the CFL and NHL and their partnerships with Adidas.

1) What is the name of the uniform template that Adidas uses for the CFL's uniforms?
2) Is this the first time Adidas has partnered with the NHL in any way, uniform-wise? I know they previously had a similar alliance in the CFL during the late 1990s/early 2000s decade.

UBwef0L.png

4 hours ago, johnnysama said:

I have a couple questions regarding the CFL and NHL and their partnerships with Adidas.

1) What is the name of the uniform template that Adidas uses for the CFL's uniforms?
2) Is this the first time Adidas has partnered with the NHL in any way, uniform-wise? I know they previously had a similar alliance in the CFL during the late 1990s/early 2000s decade.

To answer your first question, I believe the CFL Adidas jersey template is called Techfit - basically for the most part the same as a lot of the college teams in the states that have Adidas as their manufacturer also, however, I could be wrong on that. As for the NHL, I know that this is the very first time that Adidas has ever been involved with the NHL. I hope that answered your questions. 

15 hours ago, johnnysama said:

Is this the first time Adidas has partnered with the NHL in any way, uniform-wise?

Yes and no. It’s the first time the Adidas branding has been used. 

Adidas has owned Reebok for the entirety of their tenure as the NHL’s supplier though. So Adidas and the NHL have a business relationship that goes back a bit. 

12 hours ago, johnnysama said:

^ It sure did. Thanks. :D

Although, with the CFL's adidas uniforms, the lack of 'TV numbers' on a few of the teams bothers me a bit, personally.

You and me both. I think it's so stupid that they did that. That and the Ti-Cats with Adidas are just awful as far as I'm concerned, and the Lions home uniform too. 

Archived