Danny the Sheeb

1 hour ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Thanks, guys.

MULBERRY HEAT

There is only one way to describe this team:  a dynasty.  Back-to-back championships, four Finals appearances in five years, and one of only two teams to make the playoffs five years straight.  The bane of Van Buren's existence retains all their starters and are ready for another deep playoff run.

These began life as a Miami Heat ripoff, but some changes were made.  No italics, no flame tail on the T (kinda sad about that one), and different side striping.  Oh, and the road is red and says "Mulberry".  The alternate was originally like the home white, but after their first championship, they changed it to this "fiery" one.  After their second championship in a row, they retained it.  In real life, it probably would have actual "flames" instead of gradients, but...you know.  Technical limitations.

The name is interesting.  My dad has a friend who used to live in Mulberry, AR.  He grows his own peppers and makes them into "Mulberry Heat".  Even after he moved to FS (and he now lives in Fayetteville), why mess with an established brand?

The Heat don't play in Mulberry.

mul1.png

mul2.png

mul3.png

Looking sharp on the gradient. Incidentally, though, shouldn't their main color be...mulberry? ;)

(I know, mulberry isn't a hot enough color for a team with that name.)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Looking sharp on the gradient. Incidentally, though, shouldn't their main color be...mulberry? ;)

(I know, mulberry isn't a hot enough color for a team with that name.)

:P

I'm surprised that everyone's loving the gradient.  Personally, I hate it.  However, it's not the only example of me going against my better angels in this series.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

2 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

:P

I'm surprised that everyone's loving the gradient.  Personally, I hate it.  However, it's not the only example of me going against my better angels in this series.

I think gradient text and striping can be good. Not sold on gradient uniforms though.

19 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I think gradient text and striping can be good. Not sold on gradient uniforms though.

Agreed.

ROLAND LIGHTNING

For a while, the Lightning had everything they could-except for a Finals appearance.  As an expansion team alongside Zero Street, they went 11-2 in their first season...and lost in 7 to Mulberry in the Division Finals.  Next year, they squared off against Zero Street in the Division Finals...and lost in six games.  The next year, Mulberry bounced them in the first round.  But last year, it seemed to be their year...until Mulberry beat them again in the Division Finals.  Their rivalry with Zero Street is the league's most legendary, but they hate Mulberry, too.  After last season, two of their four best players retired and one left in free agency.  Now SF Jose Montero leads a motley crew of scrubs, free-agent signings, and draft picks.

The Lightning used to look much sharper...but then they added black and made a few other unnecessary moves.  Also, a completely awful and horrible black alt.

rol1.png

rol2.png

rol3.png

1 hour ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Agreed.

ROLAND LIGHTNING

For a while, the Lightning had everything they could-except for a Finals appearance.  As an expansion team alongside Zero Street, they went 11-2 in their first season...and lost in 7 to Mulberry in the Division Finals.  Next year, they squared off against Zero Street in the Division Finals...and lost in six games.  The next year, Mulberry bounced them in the first round.  But last year, it seemed to be their year...until Mulberry beat them again in the Division Finals.  Their rivalry with Zero Street is the league's most legendary, but they hate Mulberry, too.  After last season, two of their four best players retired and one left in free agency.  Now SF Jose Montero leads a motley crew of scrubs, free-agent signings, and draft picks.

The Lightning used to look much sharper...but then they added black and made a few other unnecessary moves.  Also, a completely awful and horrible black alt.

rol1.png

rol2.png

rol3.png

I like the home and road. A navy alt would be sharper than the black one, methinks, but that could be due to my fondness for the Chargers' previous set.

Well, popular demand has called for it.  I'll see if I can post it tomorrow.

Once again, the addition of black was because I thought it would be what they would actually do in real life.  Same deal with the Cardinals' black alts.

13 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Well, popular demand has called for it.  I'll see if I can post it tomorrow.

Once again, the addition of black was because I thought it would be what they would actually do in real life.  Same deal with the Cardinals' black alts.

I understand that. Unfortunately that probably is what they would do.

Roland navy blue, with both wordmark styles.  There isn't any black on either one.

I guess it's more of a royal, but it's the same color as what Fort Chaffee is supposed to be.

rol4.png

rol5.png

CAMPUS LIONS

Champions of the league's inaugural season on a half-court buzzer-beater to win Game 6.  After that, though, they slipped into a pit of mediocrity, sinking to the bottom of the league before charging back to the top in only five years.  This team has enough talent to go far, but they have an absolute minefield to go through in the West.

This is all inspired by the U of A Fort Smith Lions.  The uniforms are based off of our uniforms of the past.  It's pretty simple, but that's how I like it.

EDIT:  Hold on, I'm having trouble uploading pictures.

Can I get a little help over here, please?

Just use flickr or something of the sort and upload the pictures there. From what I understand you can only upload a certain amount each month through the boards.

While I'm here, I'll say a few words.

I feel that if you put a bit more effort into font choices, then some of these designs would look better. A different template would probably help with the overall look too, but I can also understand that the program you're using has it's limitations. 

I am sure that if you do those things, you'll continue to improve.  

I9SoMSI.png

29308567630_9f30c1e63c_o.png

chi2.png

40136204761_246372f921_c.jpg 

@Melody22B thanks for helping.

Here we go:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157174226@N06/sets/72157666262967059

I don't know my way around Flickr at all, so I don't know how to post images well yet.

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

This picture doesn't have road or alt unis. Nice clean home though.

Oops.  Here's the whole thing:

37654075284_669e6a9728_z.jpg

26592343499_31173ced75_z.jpg

Jury-rigging this went very badly the first time around.  I apologize.

Keeping with the "every other day" thing:

OLD GREENWOOD BULLDOGS

As you already might have found out, the Bulldogs originally lasted one season.  But after a one-year hiatus, they returned to the league alongside Fort Chaffee as expansion franchises.  They stunk up the joint in their first season, but nabbed a playoff berth the next year, startled Zero Street in the Division Semifinals, and pushed Mulberry to a missed buzzer-beater in Game 7 of going to the Finals.  But, despite acquiring PF Kendall Floyd, they missed the playoffs last season.  Maybe this time around will go better...

Apologies for two navy blue teams consecutively.  I also realize that I posted Campus and Old Greenwood in the wrong order, but before expansion, their numbers were 7 and 8, respectively.  With expansion, those numbers were given to Eastern teams, and I lost track of who went were.  But on to the uniforms.  The name, logo and colors are taken from the VBHS Bulldogs.  Of course, the logo is by way of the Green Bay Packers.  The trim and everything else are my own (except for the font).

Now that I think of it, in response to @Melody22B: I have pretty much just three fonts: serif, sans serif, and weird (think Arnprior).  For teams like Campus, the lettering is hand-created.  Doing the arching for Colton Drive took for-bleeping-ever...

38313124796_68da5e4b26_z.jpg

38313125386_6eda664745_z.jpg

38313125986_d707107f2f_z.jpg

TOWSON MARSHALS

Expansion team #2...but their first head coach is Travis Avery, recently retired after five years in the league (he was already in his mid-30s when he first joined).  And they signed his former Lightning teammate, C Iago Mendez, as a front-line star.

These play into the town's history.  In another historical nod, the Eastern Division champs get the Bass Reeves Trophy and the Western Division winners get the Judge Parker trophy, but that's beside the point.  The side stripes are inspired by someone (not Utah), but I can't remember whom.  The wordmark is inspired by Florida Gulf Coast's uniforms.

38313149196_e2a8eb96b5_z.jpg

38313150806_ed413936fb_z.jpg

26592342189_8bd210c80d_z.jpg

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:18 PM, CheeseBurger22 said:

Well that yellow is... something else. I think the name needs to be black or it would be very hard to see in a game. Liking the other two teams though

It was supposed to be a darker gold.  Stupid color.

(I keep forgetting to find the RGBs, dangit)

JENNY LIND PANTHERS

Expansion team 3.

These are some of my personal favorites, even with the neon green.  I decided against a green alt to save our collective retinas...

920x920.jpg

38313158826_918c896647_z.jpg

38313159296_decf94639e_z.jpg

Archived