WideRight

USFL Alternative History: 1985 to...

Can you go back to the old templates? I hate the sleeveless look of modern football jerseys.

10 hours ago, WideRight said:

Utah brought home a local talent with former Ute and 49er QB Alex Smith while the Cleveland Invaders spent big and signed the former Super Bowl MVP QB of the Browns, Derek Anderson

Whoa, you buried the lede here. First you're telling me Jeff George won a USFL MVP, now you're telling me Derek Anderson won a Super Bowl WITH THE BROWNS?

06d40dd2095e060fd370dc8a976b06d766c6a75b

23 hours ago, WideRight said:

Orlando, who had recently seen the Renegades merge with the Tampa Bay Bandits, had a new ownership group, headed by John Henry, owner of both the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool FC, to bring football back to BrightHouse Network Stadium.

There's your answer, @Magic Dynasty.

Even though many Bostonians dislike him, I think Jacobs has the best bid for the Boston franchise, as playing in CT would be a good option. Also, Harvard Stadium was built in the early 20th century with no improvements made. The only advantage its location near public transportation. 

I take it when the Raiders move to Las Vegas in 2020, the Vipers will return.

Hope the Beacons make a return!

On 1/6/2018 at 7:04 PM, ChicagoOakland said:

Whoa, you buried the lede here. First you're telling me Jeff George won a USFL MVP, now you're telling me Derek Anderson won a Super Bowl WITH THE BROWNS?

06d40dd2095e060fd370dc8a976b06d766c6a75b

You should read Dawg Pound Dynasty. It will open your eyes.

New England Monarchs (use old London/England Monarchs identity)

Seattle Orcas (I trust a good aquatic identity can be thought up for this)

17 hours ago, MBurmy said:

There's your answer, @Magic Dynasty.

Well, the way he said "to bring football back to the Bright House Networks Stadium" made me think that he meant the Citrus Bowl, as that's where the Renegades played. Then again, the Citrus Bowl was a raging dump at this point in time, so...

19 hours ago, zoads82 said:

I take it when the Raiders move to Las Vegas in 2020, the Vipers will return.

Why would the Raiders move to Las Vegas?  They have been very happy sharing a stadium with the Express in L.A. since the early 1990's.  It is poor Oakland that has been without a team (USFL or NFL) since the Invaders moved to Cleveland.  

Posted (edited)

New England Howlers

Miami Hammerheads

Edited by buzzcut

I am loving the suggestions.  Keep them coming as I have not designed any of the potential teams yet.  Since we are in 2012, it might be that some of the XFL or even UFL designs make their way into the USFL instead, but some guidelines for suggestions:

1. The Boston team cannot focus on the Revolution/Colonial period, just too close to the Patriots...unless, of course, Mr. Kraft's son does get the bid.

2. Seattle's Identity has to be different from both the Seahawks and the Portland Grizzlies (so no birds or bears)

3. The Renegades name will not come back to Orlando, just too much baggage there. 

4. City Names are going to be used, with the possible exception of New England. 

What about either the Admirals or Sea Devils identity for New England?

8 minutes ago, WideRight said:

I am loving the suggestions.  Keep them coming as I have not designed any of the potential teams yet.  Since we are in 2012, it might be that some of the XFL or even UFL designs make their way into the USFL instead, but some guidelines for suggestions:

1. The Boston team cannot focus on the Revolution/Colonial period, just too close to the Patriots...unless, of course, Mr. Kraft's son does get the bid.

2. Seattle's Identity has to be different from both the Seahawks and the Portland Grizzlies (so no birds or bears)

3. The Renegades name will not come back to Orlando, just too much baggage there. 

4. City Names are going to be used, with the possible exception of New England. 

Hmm....Let's see if I can whip up some names....

Boston/New England...Admirals?

Seattle...Sasquatch? Baristas? Grunge?

Orlando...Thunder? Sorcerers? Starfleet? Sentinels?

1 minute ago, Darknes said:

What about either the Admirals or Sea Devils identity for New England?

Maybe the Admiral name can be saved for San Diego if the Chargers leave.

Seattle Emeralds

Orlando Orbits

Boston Massacre

Seattle Whales 

Orlando Rockets

Is it possible for the breakers name to be used for the new Boston team?