NFL 2017 Adjustments (New teams added 12/7)

Djruggs

I'm doing a sweep through of the NFL and making adjustments where I see fit to the existing uniforms. Some teams may get substantial redesigns, and some teams may receive minor tweaks. I do not see a need to limit the jersey combinations, so many teams will have alternates and throwbacks, or potentially even multiple throwbacks. I will however, maintain the single helmet shell rule. So without further adeu, I'm starting off with the Giants. 

Cy4yUtB.png

RvJfMqY.png

JK9JBEe.png

LmJpGGc.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

having the blue numbers do help being able to see the numbers compared to the red, but at the same time even though the red numbers look bad, especially with the silver pants, I feel the red numbers has a slight classic look to them

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

2 hours ago, ckunz said:

Just curious. Why did you decide to put shoulder stripes on the away jersey but not the home jersey? 

I love this idea though. Great work. 

I decided to make a minor adjustment to the current home set because it's almost perfect as is, but I wanted to play around with the away set.

I'm good with red or blue numbers for the Giants on the road. I used to despise the red numbers (maybe associated with some bad memories), but I think what really bothers me is the red numbers combined with the grey pants. It makes each uniform element a different color and looks completely mismatched. Red numbers with white pants work, as would blue numbers with grey pants. Also, I love your treatment of the stripes. That Giants road uniform gives me an LA Dodgers home uniform feel, in the best possible way.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

55 minutes ago, Fox said:

I'm good with red or blue numbers for the Giants on the road. I used to despise the red numbers (maybe associated with some bad memories), but I think what really bothers me is the red numbers combined with the grey pants. It makes each uniform element a different color and looks completely mismatched. Red numbers with white pants work, as would blue numbers with grey pants. Also, I love your treatment of the stripes. That Giants road uniform gives me an LA Dodgers home uniform feel, in the best possible way.

I have good memories with that road set, but it looks terrible. Blue helmet with red numbers? Also gray shouldn't be anywhere near a Giants uniform IMO

1 hour ago, Djruggs said:

I decided to make a minor adjustment to the current home set because it's almost perfect as is, but I wanted to play around with the away set.

Not trying to knock your work, but how can mismatching home and away uniforms be considered "almost perfect"? There's a loss of consistency. One has shoulder stripes with no hint of blue in the jersey while the other is completely blue with no shoulder stripes and no red.

Just now, DNAsports said:

Not trying to knock your work, but how can mismatching home and away uniforms be considered "almost perfect"? There's a loss of consistency. One has shoulder stripes with no hint of blue in the jersey while the other is completely blue with no shoulder stripes and no red.

I would say to this that baseball is the perfect example of uniforms being perfect without matching. Many teams have mismatching uniforms and look timeless. Also, my "almost perfect as is" comment was in reference to the Giants' current home uniform, not the away.

15 minutes ago, Djruggs said:

I would say to this that baseball is the perfect example of uniforms being perfect without matching. Many teams have mismatching uniforms and look timeless. Also, my "almost perfect as is" comment was in reference to the Giants' current home uniform, not the away.

Some teams are perfect because they match and some are perfect because they don't. Look at teams like the Chicago Blackhawks and Montreal Canadiens who don't have matching home and road sets but who look great. The quirks just become part of what makes them uniquely gorgeous. 

I'm going to start doing two teams per post, because many of these teams just need some house cleaning, so each post will have one alterations concept and one redesign. Next is the Washington Redskins and the New England Patriots.

For the Redskins, they pretty much have the perfect look, I just re-added the burgundy collar and the yellow pants away, as well as a throwback.

KJTXQe8.png

RfJHTh8.png

IrgN9oj.png

For the Patriots, I know they've won a lot in what they wear, but it looks terrible. I decided to merge some old and new and this is what I came up with.

cfKSjqV.png

BiHKdnQ.png

pbRjzs5.png

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

For the Patriots, I'd say either use the numbers or logo on the sleeve. With both it looks too crowded.

Yep. I think it should be one or the other.

For the Redskins, I like everything, but I think the away should always have the burgundy pants.

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

For the Patriots, I'd say either use the numbers or logo on the sleeve. With both it looks too crowded.

Yep. I think it should be one or the other.

For the Redskins, I like everything, but I think the away should always have the burgundy pants.

For the Pats: I'd change the numbers. One of the parts of the Brady set that has always bugged me is those wonky numerals.

For Washington: I'm not 100% sure whether any changes need to be made. The current look uses the 80's style jerseys with the 70's style pants and it clashes a little bit but maybe its just because they wear the two stripe burgundy pants and three stripe gold pants. Maybe if you do burgundy pants make the stripes match the gold pants. 

Archived