The "Inverted Bowl" arena

dfwabel

I think that was the original principle behind New Comiskey Park and everyone hated it so much that they had to more or less rebuild the second deck so people would sit in it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It’s not a new idea though. That stadium in Argentina looks really cool. I like the suites set up totally vertical like that. I wonder if there’s some way to adapt that for baseball - maybe some way to do it behind the plate for the super expensive seats but still have regular stands on top. 

We kind of have that now with Levi Stadium:

1200px-Broncos_vs_49ers_preseason_game_a

And we used to have it with Phillips Arena in Atlanta:

434293155_289e478ee3_b.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

6 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I think that was the original principle behind New Comiskey Park and everyone hated it so much that they had to more or less rebuild the second deck so people would sit in it.

Kind of a amazing to me what shaving a few rows off and trading the upward angled roof for a flat roof did for the feel up there.

Your ballpark design starting point on these principals would be a meeting of pre-60s ballparks and Dodger Stadium, swapping out conventional upper decks with club tiers and suites. The big thing would be pulling the upper tiers closer to the field, concentrating suites between the dugouts behind the plate and focusing on club type seating this company is hyping down the lines.

Archived