Las Vegas Lights FC (USL) unveil logo

Louis

13 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

I like it. Can’t wait to see it on some apparel.

They were showing off some scarves and t-shirts on the team's facebook page.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 10/30/2017 at 7:48 AM, Gothamite said:

The new USL soccer team unveiled its logo.

9524095_web1_lvlights_logodesigncriteria

And the design geek in me appreciates that they're probably the first club anywhere to use CMYK as their color scheme.

240px-CMYK.png

I was thinking the same thing when looking at the info sheet. "Hey, that looks like the back of my old hp printer cartridge!" I think it works great for them.

SEAsig.png

OT: I know that UNLV's football team is supposed to move into the Raiders new stadium in Vegas, but does anybody know what's going to end up happening with Sam Boyd Stadium? I know that the Lights are going to play at a minor league baseball stadium, but renovating Sam Boyd in to a soccer stadium seems like the kind of thing that could happen (hopefully paid for privately). Even if it were a smaller USL sized stadium.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 11/2/2017 at 7:43 PM, 4_tattoos said:

OT: I know that UNLV's football team is supposed to move into the Raiders new stadium in Vegas, but does anybody know what's going to end up happening with Sam Boyd Stadium? I know that the Lights are going to play at a minor league baseball stadium, but renovating Sam Boyd in to a soccer stadium seems like the kind of thing that could happen (hopefully paid for privately). Even if it were a smaller USL sized stadium.

But “it’s so far away from everything”.

Seriously though, it might be cheaper to renovate Cashman Field to soccer-only when the 51s move to Summerlin.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Wow...that is an EXCELLENT find.

If that was in any way, shape or form included in LVSC's vision board for their badge, that makes the final product that much more genius.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 11/6/2017 at 6:29 PM, Buc said:

Wow...that is an EXCELLENT find.

If that was in any way, shape or form included in LVSC's vision board for their badge, that makes the final product that much more genius.

Doubtful, it's just the famous Las Vegas sign turned on it's side:

2000px-Las_vegas_sign.svg.png

I think we all knew that.?

That said, don't doubt it too much...you'd be amazed the things people come across that shift their perspective on things. True, someone could've come up with, on their own, the idea to rotate that shape 90°, but something as simple as that keytag could have really hammered that idea home.

Related...of all the Las Vegas-related logos I've seen utilizing that shape, this is the first one I've seen rotated like that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 11/6/2017 at 1:20 AM, Ben in LA said:

But “it’s so far away from everything”.

Seriously though, it might be cheaper to renovate Cashman Field to soccer-only when the 51s move to Summerlin.

Well that and Cashman is much closer to the appropriate size for a USL or MLS team. Boyd is way too big for second division soccer. 

8 hours ago, Buc said:

I think we all knew that.?

That said, don't doubt it too much...you'd be amazed the things people come across that shift their perspective on things. True, someone could've come up with, on their own, the idea to rotate that shape 90°, but something as simple as that keytag could have really hammered that idea home.

Related...of all the Las Vegas-related logos I've seen utilizing that shape, this is the first one I've seen rotated like that.

That was the case for me when I first approached this design job, but it was another soccer team's logo that actually, in your words, hammered it home for me:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBYEBUd4Fpb6A5L1dX5vh

While people would call this a diamond, it's also called a lozenge, as well. This is something I learned when creating my design. Initially, my design was going to be a lozenge-based one that incorporated the four suits of a deck of cards, but then I remembered the Welcome Sign's shape, which is similar to a lozenge. The only things different are that it is rotated on its side and that the sides are curved, unlike the soccer team logo above.

A bonus of the Welcome Sign being the base for my design was that while the sign itself is owned by the Young Electric Sign Company, the design itself is within public domain. This is due to the fact that it was never copyrighted since the designer of the sign, Betty Willis, considered it her gift to the city and wanted it to be public domain.

In my opinion, where I went wrong with my design is that I cluttered it with the circles with the "LAS VEGAS" lettering on top of my design, and that was just another part of concentrating too much on the sign itself and not on what can be done with its shape.

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

Archived