2018 Winter Olympics Hockey Uniforms

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Quite ugly. Team USA was inspired by Bald Eagle feathers.

USA Hockey Unveils Nike 2018 Olympic/Paralympic Jersey

Other jersey highlights include:
• The inspirational slogan of Land of the Free – Home of the Brave hidden in the back neck of the jersey
• Injected silicone molds make the trim pop
Graphic on the sleeve was inspired by bald eagle feathers and represents the theme of fluid force
• The flicker film (rather than heavy twill) base for the crest and numbers increase vibrancy and sparkles under arena lights.

3rd_Back_large.jpg

White_Back_large.jpg

Who was the sleeper cell Adidas designer that snuck over to Nike?  Or is Hockey so far down their radar they're letting Phil's "Woke" Nephew design these from his luxurious dormroom.

Holy crap, i'm old now.

Still, these are Burning ButtTrash.

I honestly don't understand. Aren't they trying to make money? Do they actually think this ridiculous design would sell better than a clean classic design? Especially with no NHL players, you would think they would try to make as nice a jersey as possible to try to get some sales.

I get that these are all the same templates, but somehow, Canada's white sweater beats out the rest by a long shot. Also why do these look like the sled hockey team designs? There's no waist striping, and barely any sock patterns...

These Nike designers only know how to design shoes... Why are they designing Olympic Hockey jerseys? 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I'm not sure why Canada is so sure that black needs to be a colour on the jerseys. Red and white are the national colours, and they should be the only ones on the jersey. This was the perfect look for me:

Image result for canada 2010 olympic hockey

I don't understand how anyone can think it's a good idea to put both sides of arguably the biggest international hockey rivalry in the same jersey.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

So was Canada's also inspired by the iconic jaws of Husky Stadium bald eagle feathers? Because it's the same template.

This is fantastic! Do we still do post of the day around here, if so, we have a winner!

As for the jerseys, the US especially, seem to draw from a lot of the colors and styles seen in the Nike Soccer USA catalog recently with the multiple blues and gradient type of look.

SEAsig.png

i seriously had to check to make sure i wasn't looking at the Concepts page.  What the hell is that?  those are embarrassing.  I know the national pride comes through just being there, but the jersey has a part in that.  These look like random roller hockey league jerseys.  i feel like '02 was the last time most teams looked great. 

Foil treatments,speed holes, lazy, ugly templating... man, what garbage. I guess the one good aspect of it is that Nike's out of their "Everybody should use Agency" phase. But they've had loads of opportunities to come up with something to create unique, appealing looks since the IOC banned IIHF logos from hockey jerseys for the Olympics, and they have whiffed on dang near every one of them.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, NoE38 said:

I'm not sure why Canada is so sure that black needs to be a colour on the jerseys. Red and white are the national colours, and they should be the only ones on the jersey. This was the perfect look for me:

Image result for canada 2010 olympic hockey

I don't understand how anyone can think it's a good idea to put both sides of arguably the biggest international hockey rivalry in the same jersey.

Jersey, nah. 

Helmets and pants should always be black though. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived