2018 Winter Olympics Hockey Uniforms

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first time I saw a picture of the Canada jersey was on instagram and I though it was a sweat shirt.

Whoever it is that is designing these international jerseys for both Nike and Adidas (World Cup) really need to stop using the EA NHL editor to come up with the designs.  I fear when Adidas will attempt to do the same thing.  

The Canada logo has a cheap look to it.  It's shinny/reflecting the light.

6 hours ago, tajmccall said:

Who was the sleeper cell Adidas designer that snuck over to Nike?  Or is Hockey so far down their radar they're letting Phil's "Woke" Nephew design these from his luxurious dormroom.

Holy crap, i'm old now.

Still, these are Burning ButtTrash.

2 hours ago, M4One said:

The first time I saw a picture of the Canada jersey was on instagram and I though it was a sweat shirt.

Whoever it is that is designing these international jerseys for both Nike and Adidas (World Cup) really need to stop using the EA NHL editor to come up with the designs.  I fear when Adidas will attempt to do the same thing.  

The Canada logo has a cheap look to it.  It's shinny/reflecting the light.

Huh? The entire approach here (same design and typography re-colored for multiple teams) is the polar opposite of World Cup (unique designs and typography for each team).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

50 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Huh? The entire approach here (same design and typography re-colored for multiple teams) is the polar opposite of World Cup (unique designs and typography for each team).

I mean that the World Cup jerseys, just like these 2 Olympic ones, were complete crap.  Them having unique designs don't mean anything if they're ugly as :censored:. 

The fear part comes from the fact that Nike were the first to come up with the tighter fit jerseys.  They were the first to add a curved hem for absolutely no reason whatsoever.  Reebok followed them in doing so.  Would it surprise me then if Adidas came out with a crazy concept for their next international jersey they design now that Nike has done it?  Nope.

40 minutes ago, M4One said:

I mean that the World Cup jerseys, just like these 2 Olympic ones, were complete crap.

Okay, that's your opinion, but I really can't agree with it. I think the designs incorporated unique national elements and identities a lot better than just about anything Nike's done since 2006. There seemed to be a lot less emphasis on manufacturer branding elements than what Nike does, too, and yes, I say that even with adidas trotting out the new 7387 jersey cut and running three stripes up the sides of every shirt. The only clunker of the lot for me was Team Europe. North America, Canada, Sweden, Russia, and the white USA jersey were all outstanding.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The only saving grace for these things is that they look exactly like I'd assume Olympic hockey jerseys would look in 2018, as I'm a 12 year old watching the 1996 World Cup of Hockey.

21 hours ago, LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU said:

USA

ECD0A525-A00E-4C5F-A006-99CB59DF4B53.jpeg

i really like breaking away from traditional jersey striping and implementing a design that fills the entire sleeve. im not sure what it is, it feels more like breaking ice than feathers, but its a cool pattern. i love the number font and the laser-cut holes fading away— gives the numbers some visual weight. limited use of red is always nice too.

i dont like that both teams are in the same template. thats when it becomes more about Nike than the individual squads. but my biggest question is why are there 2 logos on the front of the jerseys? especiall with USA, theres no reason to have the shield and the letters. i would have loved to seen the shield on the shoulders, mostly because its ugly and the USA type is so well done. it also throws off the balannce on the front; the shield and swoosh are not aligned with each other and on the royal blue jersey, the staggered letters create more balance issues. it feels like 3 different people designed the jersey without anyone of them knowing what the others were doing.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived