Other Soft Drink Brand Logos

johnnysama

Thanks Leopard.  I grew up on A-Treat.  Love the sasparilla.

Also this stuff -not sure who makes it:

41LNodo9ttL._SY355_.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love RC Cola so much. I'm pretty sure I love the taste, but I especially love the logo.

Of all the scenes from Taxi Driver, this stands out the most to me:

"We don't have Coca Cola. Royal Crown's all we got."

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 11/7/2017 at 7:57 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Thanks Leopard.  I grew up on A-Treat.  Love the sasparilla.

Also this stuff -not sure who makes it:

41LNodo9ttL._SY355_.jpg

Oh, man . . . that stuff is awesome.  Fortunately, they sell it at a lot of places down here in Maryland.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I quit drinking soda (in the states) 9 months ago but this thread is almost making me regret that choice. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I quit drinking soda (in the states) 9 months ago but this thread is almost making me regret that choice. 

I also quit, mainly because the county implemented a tax on pop and other sugary drinks. A penny an ounce. It got repealed though, which is good.

F423144C-433F-4358-B49C-4EB2A9DFD1BB.png

6 hours ago, Jbadger9 said:

I also quit, mainly because the county implemented a tax on pop and other sugary drinks. A penny an ounce. It got repealed though, which is good.

Ours is 1.5¢ / oz. even for diet. Iced teas, Gatorade. anything with added sweetener, natural or artificial. 

On 11/10/2017 at 10:33 AM, leopard88 said:

Oh, man . . . that stuff is awesome.  Fortunately, they sell it at a lot of places down here in Maryland.

Had one last night. It's a shame it's not nationwide (to my knowledge). Another good birch beer is this: 

frozen_run_birch_beer.jpg?crc=285661108

While the logo is nothing special, this soda is awesome.

It's Polar Diet Double Fudge soda:

large_16d23670-8f3f-45fb-866f-9f81ded94100.jpg

This is simply amazing.  It's a sensual delight -- when you open the bottle, the aroma is beautiful.  And then the taste is so rich; it's like an ice cream soda.

Anyone who thinks that he or she does not like diet soda should try this.  It is outstanding.

And, just to keep it on topic: the interesting part of the logo is the shape of the polar bear.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 11/4/2017 at 9:50 PM, ChicagoOakland said:

I just moved to North Carolina recently, and when I did I learned that Cheerwine is a HUGE local thing here.

image.jpeg.d40a25887ccb4fcb5f1cef7cf8fd538b.jpeg

I think the first two cans are fauxbacks, the third was used in the '90s, and the last one is what they use today.

Welcome to the Carolinas!

Cheerwine is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year, and all of the cans you see are previous logos (no fauxbacks). From left to right, the logos date to: late 1970s-1980s, pre-1970s, 1990s (this is the one I remember fondly), and 2009-present.

If you haven't tried it yet, it's a real treat. It's sort of a 75% Cherry Coke/25% Dr. Pepper, but better than the sum of its parts. It's very carbonated but also goes flat rather quickly, so drink it fast. I think I'm going to go have one now!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

3 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Welcome to the Carolinas!

Cheerwine is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year, and all of the cans you see are previous logos (no fauxbacks). From left to right, the logos date to: late 1970s-1980s, pre-1970s, 1990s (this is the one I remember fondly), and 2009-present.

If you haven't tried it yet, it's a real treat. It's sort of a 75% Cherry Coke/25% Dr. Pepper, but better than the sum of its parts. It's very carbonated but also goes flat rather quickly, so drink it fast. I think I'm going to go have one now!

I'm already addicted to it.

You all serve up some good food in N.C.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

I almost forgot about this stuff, which was popular around Baltimore when I was growing up (i.e., way back in the 70s) --

vintage-suburban-club-soda-cans_1_a1a6d049985156eaef02a8d911400a35fd87b6--growin

Sadly, it looks like this now (and is hard to find) -

22554891_827227880735586_874782757936239

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

And another old favorite.  One of my neighbors had an old vending machine and this was always in it.

frostie-root-beer.jpgFrostieRootBeer.jpg

On 11/7/2017 at 1:34 PM, leopard88 said:

The Pride of the Lehigh Valley.  It always seemed to be the soda of choice at fraternity cocktail parties in the 80s because the beer and liquor distributors would deliver it.

Capture.png

A-Treat Grapefruit Soda's the best. My parents used to buy that all the time when I was a kid.

Where does one acquire Dr Brown’s?  Is it limited geographically?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

27 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I'm not sure how big the market is.  It's bottled in New York, but I can buy it just about anywhere in the Baltimore area.

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

Dr. Brown's is rather easily acquired in NC, usually from delis/grocery stores, rarely gas stations/convenience stores.

Their Diet Black Cherry is the business.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived