johnnysama

Other Soft Drink Brand Logos

SIDENOTE ABOUT RC COLA: From various periods during the 1960s to the early 1990s, they were a sponsor of the New York Mets.

I love RC Cola so much. I'm pretty sure I love the taste, but I especially love the logo.

Of all the scenes from Taxi Driver, this stands out the most to me:

"We don't have Coca Cola. Royal Crown's all we got."

Never had Green River, but I remember the logo. Seems to stand outgreenriverplier.jpg

On 11/7/2017 at 7:57 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Thanks Leopard.  I grew up on A-Treat.  Love the sasparilla.

Also this stuff -not sure who makes it:

41LNodo9ttL._SY355_.jpg

Oh, man . . . that stuff is awesome.  Fortunately, they sell it at a lot of places down here in Maryland.

15 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I quit drinking soda (in the states) 9 months ago but this thread is almost making me regret that choice. 

I also quit, mainly because the county implemented a tax on pop and other sugary drinks. A penny an ounce. It got repealed though, which is good.

6 hours ago, Jbadger9 said:

I also quit, mainly because the county implemented a tax on pop and other sugary drinks. A penny an ounce. It got repealed though, which is good.

Ours is 1.5¢ / oz. even for diet. Iced teas, Gatorade. anything with added sweetener, natural or artificial. 

On 11/10/2017 at 10:33 AM, leopard88 said:

Oh, man . . . that stuff is awesome.  Fortunately, they sell it at a lot of places down here in Maryland.

Had one last night. It's a shame it's not nationwide (to my knowledge). Another good birch beer is this: 

frozen_run_birch_beer.jpg?crc=285661108

While the logo is nothing special, this soda is awesome.

It's Polar Diet Double Fudge soda:

large_16d23670-8f3f-45fb-866f-9f81ded94100.jpg

This is simply amazing.  It's a sensual delight -- when you open the bottle, the aroma is beautiful.  And then the taste is so rich; it's like an ice cream soda.

Anyone who thinks that he or she does not like diet soda should try this.  It is outstanding.

And, just to keep it on topic: the interesting part of the logo is the shape of the polar bear.

On 11/4/2017 at 9:50 PM, ChicagoOakland said:

I just moved to North Carolina recently, and when I did I learned that Cheerwine is a HUGE local thing here.

image.jpeg.d40a25887ccb4fcb5f1cef7cf8fd538b.jpeg

I think the first two cans are fauxbacks, the third was used in the '90s, and the last one is what they use today.

Welcome to the Carolinas!

Cheerwine is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year, and all of the cans you see are previous logos (no fauxbacks). From left to right, the logos date to: late 1970s-1980s, pre-1970s, 1990s (this is the one I remember fondly), and 2009-present.

If you haven't tried it yet, it's a real treat. It's sort of a 75% Cherry Coke/25% Dr. Pepper, but better than the sum of its parts. It's very carbonated but also goes flat rather quickly, so drink it fast. I think I'm going to go have one now!

3 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Welcome to the Carolinas!

Cheerwine is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year, and all of the cans you see are previous logos (no fauxbacks). From left to right, the logos date to: late 1970s-1980s, pre-1970s, 1990s (this is the one I remember fondly), and 2009-present.

If you haven't tried it yet, it's a real treat. It's sort of a 75% Cherry Coke/25% Dr. Pepper, but better than the sum of its parts. It's very carbonated but also goes flat rather quickly, so drink it fast. I think I'm going to go have one now!

I'm already addicted to it.

You all serve up some good food in N.C.

I almost forgot about this stuff, which was popular around Baltimore when I was growing up (i.e., way back in the 70s) --

vintage-suburban-club-soda-cans_1_a1a6d049985156eaef02a8d911400a35fd87b6--growin

Sadly, it looks like this now (and is hard to find) -

22554891_827227880735586_874782757936239

Foxon_Park_Beverage_Company_Logo.png

For those of you who live in Connecticut, here is Foxon Park's logo. A timeless classic. :D