LOGOLYMPIAD 2017

pollux

2LXJFkB.png

LOGOLYMPIAD is finally here! Just like the last editions, the contest will be broken into a series of events, with award icons for each event, as well as banners for overall winners. The LOGOLYMPIAD goes back to 2004 in its original form, and 2017 will be the ninth edition of the contest.

Events

The order of the ten events has been determined by a random draw. Events will run for one full week with two events running each week. Events will start on Mondays and Fridays, and will finish the following Mondays and Fridays. The first event will be posted on Monday, November 6th. Here is the full calendar for 2017:

x5tdnNZ.png

Rules

Specific criteria will vary by event, but there is an overlying set of rules for the LOGOLYMPIAD:

• Any registered board member may enter;
  • Participants are limited to ONE entry per event. You may enter as many or as few events as you like;
  • All entries must be your own original work, unless specified. For example, you may use existing logos and images if it is part of the event’s criteria. You may not use anyone else’s work for any part of your entry;
  • You may use any template you like, unless a template is provided in the event’s criteria;
  • I will serve as the contest’s referee, and will answer any questions about rules and event criteria. Questions must be asked within the event thread, and will be answered within the same event thread. I will NOT respond to any questions about an event in a PM, instant message or personal email, so don’t contact me directly. Any contact via PM, instant message or personal email will be answered in the event’s thread for full disclosure;
  • I will be the judge to any dispute.

Anyone caught cheating or otherwise compromising the integrity of the LOGOLYMPIAD will be disqualified, stripped of awards and/or banished from future participation.

Submitting your entries

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (at) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif, or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

All final entries must be 800x600 pixels with at least 70 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in an 800x530 pixels window (800 pixels wide by 530 pixels high). I will NOT resize entries that are not properly done, so make sure it’s right.

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

Do not add any text, like labels, or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, entry number, event type, etc.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes their identity or the identity of anyone else will be DQ’d.

You should receive an automatic reply once you submit your entry. If you don’t receive one, please PM me directly. If I see an issue with the format of your submission, I will contact you giving you a chance to resubmit. I will NOT, however, comment on the content of the submission.

Judging/Awards

The voting will be open to public voting once the event is officially over. Once the finalists have been posted in the event thread, voting will be open for 3 days.

Judging is open to all board members registered before October 1st, 2017. This is to ensure no one is voting for themselves under an alternate login.

Members may vote once per event and may not vote for their own entry (I’ll know if you did, and will not count your vote). You may not disclose the identity of any of the designers of the entries until voting closes.

Voting will be via the 3-2-1- points method. Voters will be asked to post their choice for a gold, silver, and bronze winner. Gold votes are worth 3 points, Silver worth 2, and Bronze worth 1.

Points standings

After each event, the top 15 participants for a given event will receive points based on their position in the standings of that event. The participants will receive points from the following scale: 20-18-16-14-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 depending on their position, with the gold medalist receiving 20 points, and the fifteenth participant receiving 1 point.

The points will be cumulated through the contest. At the conclusion of the contest, champion icons for the points standings will be awarded to the top three participants.

What’s at stake

Medal icons will be awarded at the conclusion of voting to the top points-earners, based on the above scoring system. Results will be posted in the event thread.

In the event of a tie, multiple medals will be awarded, at the expense of lesser-value medals. If there are two gold winners, no silver will be awarded; if there are two silvers, there will be no bronze.

If there are more than 3 entries for an event, three medals will be awarded. If there are three entries, only gold and silver medals will be awarded. If there are only two entries, only a gold medal will be awarded for the event.

Champion icons will be presented to the top overall winners at the end of the LOGOLYMPIAD and will be determined by total points from weighted medal values – 3 points for each gold, 2 for each silver, and 1 for each bronze.

Winners can download the posted medal icons for use in their signatures and on their own websites. Please do not link to the images.

A complete list of event-by-event medal winners and overall standings will be posted in this thread and updated at the close of each event.

The party starts on Monday, November 6th. And with that, I hereby declare these games… OPEN!

Event 1 - League Logo: Thread // Voting // Full Album

Bronze - ZionEagle (Entry 6)

Silver - officeglenn (Entry 14)

Gold - Chapeeko (Entry 8)

Event 2 - Fantasy Team: Thread // Voting // Full Album

Bronze - tpat13 (Entry 4)

Silver - Bruins (Entry 15)

Gold - Whitefoot (Entry 2)

Event 3 - Alternate Uniform: Thread // Voting // Full Album

Bronze - HRC4 (Entry 9)

Silver - hettinger_rl (Entry 3)

Gold - Griffinmarlins (Entry 1)

Event 4 - Wordmark: Thread // Voting // Full Album

Bronze - nas1787 (Entry 5)

Silver - SplashBoogie (Entry 9)

Gold - Bruins (Entry 16)

Event 5 - Sporting Event: Thread // Voting // Full Album

Bronze - lightning25 (Entry 11)

Silver - Whitefoot (Entry 6)

Gold - OmegaRed (Entry 10)

Event 6 - Crossover: Thread // Voting // Full Album

Bronze - Whitefoot (Entry 2)

Silver - HRC4 (Entry 1)

Gold - bucknut42 (Entry 10)

Event 7 - Alternate Logo: Thread // Voting // Full Album

Bronze - Whitefoot (Entry 6)

Silver - keithisgood (Entry 4)

Gold - SplashBoogie (Entry 10)

Event 8 - Company Logo: Thread // Voting // Full Album

Bronze - SplashBoogie (Entry 15)

Silver - hettinger_rl (Entry 8)

Gold - Bruins (Entry 14)

Event 9 - Time Warp: Thread // Voting // Full Album

Bronze - SplashBoogie (Entry 7)

Silver - RTI (Entry 11)

Gold - OmegaRed (Entry 4)

Event 10 - Anniversary Patch: Thread // Voting // Full Album

Bronze - SplashBoogie (Entry 4)

Silver - OmegaRed (Entry 2)

Gold - RTI (Entry 10)

ZIRo65U.png

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

9 minutes ago, CinnamonRoll21 said:

Watch out because the newbie is coming!B)

Also can the logos be hand drawn?

Yes, you can submit hand-drawn submissions, as long as you comply with the submission format mentioned above.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I could barely participate last year because I was falling deeply ill; what I did present shows I wasn't quite with it. So now I'm really excited (and really healthy). Let the games begin!

rATMcmK.png

I think I've improved my design skills over the course of a year, so hopefully I'll be a better competitor this time around! Can't wait for the first event to start. Hopefully I'll be able to do designs for most of the events, but I know I'll probably be too busy with school to make all of them.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Can this contest gimmick get its own subsection?

I'm not against it, but I'm not the oneaking that decision. I'll suggest it to the mods.

Event 1 - League Logo: Thread // Voting // Full Album

Bronze - ZionEagle (Entry 6)

Silver - officeglenn (Entry 14)

Gold - Chapeeko (Entry 8)

Event 2 - Fantasy Team: Thread // Voting // Full Album

Bronze - tpat13 (Entry 4)

Silver - Bruins (Entry 15)

Gold - Whitefoot (Entry 2)

Event 3 - Alternate Uniform: Thread // Voting // Full Album

Bronze - HRC4 (Entry 9)

Silver - hettinger_rl (Entry 3)

Gold - Griffinmarlins (Entry 1)

Event 4 - Wordmark: Thread // Voting // Full Album

Bronze - nas1787 (Entry 5)

Silver - SplashBoogie (Entry 9)

Gold - Bruins (Entry 16)

Archived