2018 MLS Kits

labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hendocfc said:

Fun fact: Orlando City was originally white with red trim instead of purple. Was changed late in the process.

Yikes...that would have been nearly a knockoff of Atlanta's away kit last year, wouldn't it?

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

2 hours ago, agentrygraphics said:

Yikes...that would have been nearly a knockoff of Atlanta's away kit last year, wouldn't it?

I think the idea was for it to be a nod to the USL days

s-l300.jpg

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

9 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

...is that just a straight black top? No subtle patterns? *sigh*

EDIT: Jock tag seems to be a wing with some writing around it. Looks kind of odd floating in a circle.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

7 minutes ago, agentrygraphics said:

...is that just a straight black top? No subtle patterns? *sigh*

EDIT: Jock tag seems to be a wing with some writing around it. Looks kind of odd floating in a circle.

Looks like it has the Scotland 2018 kit pattern on it. 

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

I actually would've preferred no sublimated pattern -- I think, given that it's their first kit, the simplest and most timeless base is what you want to start with. Plus given that they're trying to make the team cool and streetwear is in, a black/gold version of the classic Adidas California tee would have been a great start. That said, the two patterns they did choose are kinda sorta art-deco-y, which fits the team branding? Maybe pairing anything with that color scheme looks art deco.

But yeah, the sponsor logo goes and ruins it regardless! Oh well!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

They’re not ugly by any means, but for inaugural season kits, these are just about the world’s biggest snoozers. They aren’t even sexy designs, they’re just flat out boring. Black and gold should have been a winner. White and gold should also be a winner (even with the different crest). The lack of meaningful design would be ok if the sponsor and numbers were gold. In that way, they’d all tie together and they’d be class. But the colored sponsors stick out like a sore thumb, as do the black numbers on an otherwise exclusively white and gold kit. These fall flat. I was expecting much more of this club who seems to have big aspirations.

1 minute ago, Digby said:

I actually would've preferred no sublimated pattern -- I think, given that it's their first kit, the simplest and most timeless base is what you want to start with. Plus given that they're trying to make the team cool and streetwear is in, a black/gold version of the classic Adidas California tee would have been a great start. That said, the two patterns they did choose are kinda sorta art-deco-y, which fits the team branding? Maybe pairing anything with that color scheme looks art deco.

But yeah, the sponsor logo goes and ruins it regardless! Oh well!

I agree. I get the art-deco and appreciate it, but it should be very hard to screw up black-and-gold. Solid black with gold accents and that ought to be an exceptionally smooth kit. Should being the operative term.

spacer.png

Archived