2018 MLS Kits

labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Digby said:

I always thought it was unfortunate that Beckham's great sea-changing arrival was worn such a dated template. The whole thing is very mid-00s. They subtly ditched the banana slug graphic by the next year, though:

Beckham_LA_Galaxy_cropped.jpg

That new sash look is a new-color version of the sash they wore in yellow and green just prior to Beckham's arrival. I'd be curious to see if the green makes more of a presence in the next couple years, with LAFC's black/gold look kinda encroaching on the navy/yellow look.

IDK what your seeing but that new LA jersey looks to be the exact same navy and yellow combo. I don't see any green. Galaxy have had the white kits with navy/yellow trim for a while now, and I don't see any reason to change. I especially like the sash on the home kits now that they've had it for a few cycles in a row.

Yeah, I know @Conrad. is usually spot on with his info, but the whites being gone would be counter to every other indication that's been given so far.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

All the info I’ve seen has suggested that Minnesota is only getting one new kit this year (and that it’d be a new primary), so I’d be surprised if they ended up unveiling two. Having said that, I’m not sure how they could feasibly get rid of last season’s white kit and add a second gray kit to their rotation. It seems more likely to me that the new kit will be replacing last season’s primary, and that the white kit will be sticking around another year. I could see them possibly making some alterations to the white kit, such as adding jock tag and back neck graphics, which would be a reason for them trying to clear out last year’s stock. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

All the info I’ve seen has suggested that Minnesota is only getting one new kit this year (and that it’d be a new primary), so I’d be surprised if they ended up unveiling two. Having said that, I’m not sure how they could feasibly get rid of last season’s white kit and add a second gray kit to their rotation. It seems more likely to me that the new kit will be replacing last season’s primary, and that the white kit will be sticking around another year. I could see them possibly making some alterations to the white kit, such as adding jock tag and back neck graphics, which would be a reason for them trying to clear out last year’s stock. 

This article from last November does say new secondary kit: https://www.twincities.com/2017/11/14/key-dates-on-minnesota-uniteds-offseason-including-a-jersey-reveal/. But this is all still very confusing. 

34 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

This article from last November does say new secondary kit: https://www.twincities.com/2017/11/14/key-dates-on-minnesota-uniteds-offseason-including-a-jersey-reveal/. But this is all still very confusing. 

Their official website says it’s a new primary kit:

https://www.mnufc.com/post/2018/01/12/coming-soon-2018-primary-kit

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Revolution's podcast just had an interview with one of the FO people involved with designing the kit. Not the most interesting insights, but he did say they thought it'd be "lazy design" to do those two front stripes in red and white. Not sure why the colors of both the tribute club and the current Revs would be "lazy", but designers aren't known for our simple, logically sound ideas either.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

4 minutes ago, Digby said:

The Revolution's podcast just had an interview with one of the FO people involved with designing the kit. Not the most interesting insights, but he did say they thought it'd be "lazy design" to do those two front stripes in red and white. Not sure why the colors of both the tribute club and the current Revs would be "lazy", but designers aren't known for our simple, logically sound ideas either.

Sometimes doing what's expected is the right way to go. The Packers could change their helmets to be orange next season, but that wouldn't make it a brave choice.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Here’s my mockup of the full Galaxy home shirt and kit:

5PS8EFn.jpg

From the leaked image, it looks like the shirt will have slightly extended shoulder stripes, like the new Germany, Russia, and Colombia home shirts, so I included that here (although I probably could’ve made them a bit longer).

Edit- And here’s a version with striped socks:

vVm8CaT.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Sometimes doing what's expected is the right way to go. The Packers could change their helmets to be orange next season, but that wouldn't make it a brave choice.

It would go over great with upper midwest hunters.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Latest Galaxy teaser image:

DT2RDjTX4AAHqwh?format=jpg

I’ll have to update the back neck graphic on my mockup. I should have it posted later today or tonight.

And now they've gone and leaked the main chunk of their own kit reveal with a billboard.

DT3fh0BU8AAw8Kz.jpg:large

I understand that the new 2018 jersey is a reference to their 2006 shirt, but I still don't think this is an adequate reason to use so much green in their marketing. What a letdown, although I guess it might be tough to pull off a green-gold-blue look.

Well they certainly didn’t wait long to unveil it:

https://www.dcunited.com/post/2018/01/18/uniteds-new-kit-represents-unique-identity-district

DCU_2018_JerseyReveal_1920x1080.jpg?agjM

crest%202SOCKS.jpgNeckTag.jpgjock%20tag.jpg

I’ve gotta say I’m a big fan of the thin tonal hoops, as well as the henley collar. I’m not quite as fond of the silver accents and lack of red, but overall I think it’s a pretty classy look. The little details like the jock tag, coordinates of the new stadium on the back neck, and the DC flag graphic on the socks add some nice little touches as well. It’s still dissapointing that they won’t bring back the white chest stripes, but this is pretty solid nonetheless. If it were me, I would’ve made the Adidas stripes red and the logos white instead of silver, but I suppose that would’ve made it pretty similar to their last primary kit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived