2018 MLS Kits

labc93

They knocked this out of the park. DCU looks best with minimal red trim and sparing amounts of white (only the adidas stripes, or bring them back on the chest). Instead, the tonal hoops and dark gray look awesome. Also, henley collars are extremely underrated. This will be one of the best of the season.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I was desperately hoping the Revs to wear this year in navy. Alas. That looks fantastic. Only nitpick is that the tonal stripes look a little shiny, which ironically makes them stand out more than if they were red or white imho.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

4 hours ago, Digby said:

That's what I was desperately hoping the Revs to wear this year in navy. Alas. That looks fantastic. Only nitpick is that the tonal stripes look a little shiny, which ironically makes them stand out more than if they were red or white imho.

Adidas does this any time they go tonal to ensure everyone knows it's their uniform.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Found 1 flaw in that DCU kit: the 4 stars aren't the same. If you look at the pattern in them, the two on the left are different than the 2 on the right. Can't unsee lol

The 2 on the right are just a mirror image of the ones on the left, which, to me, fits better with the texture in the crest anyways. The pattern in the crest is largely symmetrical, so I think it makes sense to mirror the two stars on the right with those on the left.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Shorts and socks of the LAFC primary and new MNUFC primary:

DUAYaDHV4AAX24Z?format=jpg

4rexknibs9b01.jpg

Also, if you look closely in this video, you can just barely see the collar of the new MNUFC shirt poking out of the jacket, and it looks like there might be a henley collar with a red button:

And then in this image you can see a side view of the new MNUFC primary:
wEkTlwb.jpg
Can’t really see much except for the Adidas stripes running down the side.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Unless I’m mistaken, LAFC put the wings on the sides of their calves. Yuck.

I’m pretty sure Vela just has his socks rotated a bit, and that the wings are meant to be on the front. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Shorts and socks of the new Sounders primary:

LR7Z0jJ.jpg

Also, and this one’s interesting, Mauro Diaz was wearing navy socks yesterday:cKghRnr.jpg

Might the new FC Dallas primary have navy accents rather than royal? I’ve seen some rumors that their new primary could include contrasting sleeves, so maybe navy sleeves and socks?

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

I've always been triggered by RSL calling their blue "cobalt". Cobalt is closer to royal blue... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt_blue

Back when the team was founded, you could buy merchandise that featured purple (even kits), near-navy blue, or true cobalt blue. I think there was a terrible amount of confusion around what this team was supposed to look like at the outset. Eventually it was apparently settled that they would wear the dark blue but call it cobalt.

I know it's shocking that a team called Real Salt Lake would have a confused identity.

This stupid franchise.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

14 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

I've always been triggered by RSL calling their blue "cobalt". Cobalt is closer to royal blue... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt_blue

Yeah, I’ve never understood why they call their blue cobalt when it’s essentially just navy. Their USL affiliate used royal in their first couple years of existence, which like you say is much closer to cobalt than the navy is:

DSC09683.jpg

Frankly I think their identity would benefit greatly from moving towards the lighter shade of blue, as their scheme is just a bit too dark with the dark red and blue together. Royal would help freshen it up a bit, and would fit in better with the whole regal theme anyways. And then they could finally use the term “cobalt” correctly as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived