2018 MLS Kits

labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here’s some new training wear for Atlanta. I used to figure with future kit releases you’d see some that that were heavy on the black, and some that were heavy on the red. However, with LAFC using black and gold, hopefully we continue to see the use of red increase. Most of last year’s training wear was primarily black. Might have to buy this top if it comes available.

nQXgjf9.jpg

New red jackets, as well:

First glimpse of the new Philadelphia Union shirt, from a reception for their new signing:

DUF_kmxWsAgRfZw.jpg

That outer layer is a jacket.  All we can see is that the shirt body is tonal blue stripes; their signature gold center stripe has been removed. 

Confirmation here from a reporter covering the club. Has some interesting things to say about the teasers.  Wonder if that’s why clubs like NYCFC don’t like to do teasers, keeping the whole thing under wraps until they’re ready to go. 

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

First glimpse of the new Philadelphia Union shirt, from a reception for their new signing:

DUF_kmxWsAgRfZw.jpg

That outer layer is a jacket.  All we can see is that the shirt body is tonal blue stripes; their signature gold center stripe has been removed. 

I’m really liking the looks of that. Although it was unique in MLS, I was never all that fond of the center stripe with the center-aligned crest and Adidas logo. The tonal hoops should be a really nice look for them, at least IMO. I’ll work on revising my Union mockup to include the tonal hoops rather than the gold center stripe.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

How long do you think it will be before we start to see MLS clubs with additional sponsor logos on their jerseys? I'm glad MLS sponsor logos are pretty much limited to just one, but the realist in me knows it won't stay that way forever.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

19 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

How long do you think it will be before we start to see MLS clubs with additional sponsor logos on their jerseys? I'm glad MLS sponsor logos are pretty much limited to just one, but the realist in me knows it won't stay that way forever.

Don't know - there is always the risk of de-valuing the central shirt sponsor by crowding it out.  There are several Premier League clubs whose contracts prohibit them from adding any other sponsors.

The new Galaxy primary officially revealed:

I like it, but I think they could’ve been done a bit more with it. Socks with stripes to match the sash would really complete the look, but I’m fairly the certain the socks will just be plain white.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Don't know - there is always the risk of de-valuing the central shirt sponsor by crowding it out.  There are several Premier League clubs whose contracts prohibit them from adding any other sponsors.

As long as it doesn't get to a point where the kits are cluttered with sponsor logos I could live with it. A small sponsor logo on the left sleeve in addition to the main one on the chest may be my personal limit.

But money talks at the end of the day. MLS may have to go the cluttered kit route if they want to lure  major players (in their prime) away from one of the bigger leagues. Or even to keep good players from leaving the league.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

7 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

As long as it doesn't get to a point where the kits are cluttered with sponsor logos I could live with it. A small sponsor logo on the left sleeve in addition to the main one on the chest may be my personal limit.

But money talks at the end of the day. MLS may have to go the cluttered kit route if they want to lure  major players (in their prime) away from one of the bigger leagues. Or even to keep good players from leaving the league.

True, but the point I was getting at is that these can be diminishing returns.  You don’t necessarily get more money for selling more ads, when each individual ad is made less valuable because of the competition for attention. 

11 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I think they would go the way of tge EPL with a sleeve sponsor and possibly a sponsor below the numbers like when MLS began.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Confirmation of plain shorts and socks.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/01/la-galaxy-2018-home-kit.html?m=1

la-galaxy-2018-home-kit-2.jpg

This is pretty trivial since they’re almost identical to the new ones, but they’re all wearing the old shorts there. Here’s the new ones:

LA_fullkit.png

As I said earlier, I think this a pretty good look for them but they missed an opportunity by not going with striped socks.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived