2018 MLS Kits

labc93

6 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, I think they might have been well-served by adding a swath of blue somewhere else, to set off the sash.

I do really like that Northwestern-stripe sash.

I agree. A similar Northwestern stripe on the socks (probably just oriented horizontally) would have tied it all together.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does LAFC have a shirt sponsor?

I ask in part because Herbalife (and Advocare) remains an embarrassing sponsor, and you would think one of the league's premier franchises could do better.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If I leave aside the amateur-hour sponsor logo, I think that's the best Galaxy kit in years. One problem with the combination of owning the sash as your design element + changing kits regularly is that there are only so many good ideas, and change for its own sake ends up resulting in some super cluttered looks, either in the sash itself or other clashing elements. But LAG seems like they're getting it under control and this one's an even bigger improvement.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

46 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Does LAFC have a shirt sponsor?

I ask in part because Herbalife (and Advocare) remains an embarrassing sponsor, and you would think one of the league's premier franchises could do better.

At this point, it's been 10 years. It's pretty much baked into the Galaxy aesthetic, no?

5 minutes ago, OMMF said:

At this point, it's been 10 years. It's pretty much baked into the Galaxy aesthetic, no?

Sure, but I thought the same with Barbasol and the Crew.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

No sponsor is ever burned in.

Here's the Union's new shirt:

DUJ-F-YXcAA3aVt.jpg

That’s just someone’s mockup, the Union still haven’t unveiled it yet. That’ll probably be pretty close to the real thing, but from the small portion we could see on Accam it looks like the gold will be a bit lighter and that the tonal hoops will have a subtle golden tint and maybe some texture, a la some of their social media graphics:

DT7Jl3hX4AATxQo?format=jpg

And for reference:

DUGCaC3W0AE-ACd?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Philly removing the central stripe is a severe downgrade.  Even if they made it smaller than the previous versions, it would be better than leaving it off.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

8 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I would have liked to see them do something like this 2002-2003 Paris San Germain shirt.

PSGHSS0203.gif

Once you have an accent that is unique to your team, you should ensure it stays on there. DC United should have never gotten rid of the three stripes across the chest, even when adding sponsors. It helped them stand out from everyone else in the league. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

29 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I would have liked to see them do something like this 2002-2003 Paris San Germain shirt.

PSGHSS0203.gif

Something like that would’ve been nice, especially if they incorporated some subtle light blue accents. It would’ve kept the vertical stripe aesthetic, while also differentiating it from previous versions. With their new lighter shade of gold, I think they’d benefit from adding some light blue back into the mix as well to really freshen up their scheme. Now mind you, I’d want them to use light blue in a similar manner to how the Dynamo has used it in the last several years, where it’s pretty limited to let the navy and gold still be the primary focus.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

This is very good.

Yep, I love ‘em. They feel very clean and classic, and even though they aren’t a direct throwback, they definitely harken back to the white kits worn by earlier iterations of the Timbers, specifically the original NASL Timbers. Plus, the mono-white with green and gold accents is a nice change of pace from the Rose City red theme, though I do hope to see that return eventually. Here’s a good look at the full kit:

portland-timbers-2018-away-kit-5.jpg

Nice to see that the socks aren’t just plain white and that the green and gold are both featured prominently. Once again the Timbers will have one of the nicest sets in the league this year, if not the nicest considering the continuity between this new secondary and the carried over primary.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

58 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Regarding which MNUFC kit is being replaced:

I will be curious to see what the new design looks like before being too harsh. However, that's a shame because I thought the gray kit with the sash was excellent, while the white kit with the contrasting shoulders was very mediocre and obviously team wear (both were, but the gray kit was fantastic).

1 minute ago, aawagner011 said:

I will be curious to see what the new design looks like before being too harsh. However, that's a shame because I thought the gray kit with the sash was excellent, while the white kit with the contrasting shoulders was very mediocre and obviously team wear (both were, but the gray kit was fantastic).

The main issue with the gray kit with the sash, is that the gray was too light. They wore white too many times at home. I'd guess it was due to contrast issues. It was just the right shade of grey where it didn't contrast well with white or with other darker colors. The new gray appears to be a lot darker.

39 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Yep, I love ‘em. They feel very clean and classic, and even though they aren’t a direct throwback, they definitely harken back to the white kits worn by earlier iterations of the Timbers, specifically the original NASL Timbers. Plus, the mono-white with green and gold accents is a nice change of pace from the Rose City red theme, though I do hope to see that return eventually. Here’s a good look at the full kit:

portland-timbers-2018-away-kit-5.jpg

Nice to see that the socks aren’t just plain white and that the green and gold are both featured prominently. Once again the Timbers will have one of the nicest sets in the league this year, if not the nicest considering the continuity between this new secondary and the carried over primary.

Umm...

Seattle-Sounders-2015-Away-Kit+(3).jpg

Archived