2018 MLS Kits

labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting observation on the Philly kit. They may have made a subtle crest adjustment. Beyond the obvious color update, the stripes are now straight up and down rather than the previous version with the angled blue trim. They also removed the inner white circle outline.

philadelphia-union-2018-home-kit-new-log

This new crest matches the new shirt.

philadelphia-union-2018-home-kit-new-log

However, the club’s Twitter account shows a crest with the new colors, but the old design.

_K4oVmPU_400x400.jpg

The color scheme is too close to New England and the design is too close to DCU. In a vacuum it’s fine, and sub out the gold for white/red and that’s exactly what I wanted the Revs to wear this year. But it doesn’t read as Union to me.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

11 hours ago, Digby said:

The color scheme is too close to New England and the design is too close to DCU. In a vacuum it’s fine, and sub out the gold for white/red and that’s exactly what I wanted the Revs to wear this year. But it doesn’t read as Union to me.

I love hoops but sadly, I think you're right. The union should not ditch the thick middle stripe for hoops.

New RSL shirt, and one of the GK kit colorways:

https://www.rsl.com/post/2018/01/25/new-year-new-look-same-goals

Nice to see the blue sleeves back, but it’s still pretty plain. Hopefully they go with navy shorts to spruce it up a bit.

Edit- Claret shorts:

AAQsIRi.jpg

There’s some navy trim on the bottom of the shorts, at least.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

33 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

New RSL shirt, and one of the GK kit colorways:

https://www.rsl.com/post/2018/01/25/new-year-new-look-same-goals

Nice to see the blue sleeves back, but it’s still pretty plain. Hopefully they go with navy shorts to spruce it up a bit.

Edit- Claret shorts:

AAQsIRi.jpg

There’s some navy trim on the bottom of the shorts, at least.

Sigh...I really wish RSL used Cobalt shorts with their Claret tops. It would really help balance out the sleeves.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

On 1/24/2018 at 6:12 PM, zigbazah said:

Some long-time SKC season ticket holders who apparently "know people" are saying that Sporting is considering major changes to the team's identity. No specifics have been given since they don't want to burn sources, but these people are well trusted in the tight-knit SKC online community. Many of these guys are Cauldron members and tailgate IRL. These claims are not coming from random trolls. 

I can confirm that this is not true.

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

FC Dallas teaser (showing the shorts):

And as a reminder, here’s a leak of the shorts and socks from MLS media day:

cKghRnr.jpg

And then some predictions from 3rd Degree:

1516750315-FCDguesses.png?q=50&auto=form

The first and third options definitely seem the most plausible to me, although I think if the Adidas stripes are on the shoulders, they’ll just be on the red background instead of having the navy from the sleeves extend onto the shoulder. Essentially their new kit could very well end up looking almost identical to the new RSL kit, except with different shades of red and blue, blue socks instead of red, and white accents instead of gold.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

RSL could really use a simple tweak: Make the neckline blue,then the sleeve cuffs red,so it's essentially the classic Arsenal outfit but with navy in place of white. Would look much better.

Re: FC Dallas,I have it on good authority that the team badge has a white background. So none of these drafts would be accurate...

Better look at the full RSL kit:

DUccL4TVMAEuOn8?format=jpg

Aside from the fact that they should’ve gone with navy shorts, they should’ve added some blue to the socks as well. Either a simple blue band on the calf or blue at the top of the socks. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Better look at the full RSL kit:

DUccL4TVMAEuOn8?format=jpg

Aside from the fact that they should’ve gone with navy shorts, they should’ve added some blue to the socks as well. Either a simple blue band on the calf or blue at the top of the socks. 

Agreed - the kit needs a lot more blue somewhere to balance out the blue sleeves. Blue shorts, blue socks, something like that would be best, but even thick blue stripes on either would go a long way. 

Based on a detailed description I received from an anonymous source who’s seen the new kit, here’s my mockup of the new Dynamo secondary:

HAmn0bF.jpg

There’s a couple things I had to guess on, such as the blue trim on the collar and cuffs, but it should be mostly accurate. My source also said the kit didn’t have a sponsor logo on it when he saw it, and supposedly the deal with BHP Billiton ended, so it remains to be seen whether or not they’ll have a jersey sponsor this season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Based on a detailed description I received from an anonymous source who’s seen the new kit, here’s my mockup of the new Dynamo secondary:

HAmn0bF.jpg

There’s a couple things I had to guess on, such as the blue trim on the collar and cuffs, but it should be mostly accurate. My source also said the kit didn’t have a sponsor logo on it when he saw it, and supposedly the deal with BHP Billiton ended, so it remains to be seen whether or not they’ll have a jersey sponsor this season.

BHP Expired in December 2017 and they’re actively shopping for another shirt sponsor.

on your mockup, I’d adjust the center stripe to match what they’ve been trotting out on their 2018 marketing. It’s another tonal orange stripe. 

maxresdefault.jpg

NYCdog.png

37 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

on your mockup, I’d adjust the center stripe to match what they’ve been trotting out on their 2018 marketing. It’s another tonal orange stripe. 

Yep, I included that in my mockup. The center stripe is a lighter shade of orange. My source said that the chest stripe on the shirt looks like the top stripe on those graphics with the lighter shade in the middle, so that’s what I modeled the chest stripe after. And after showing my source the mockup, he said it looked close to perfect.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived