2018 MLS Kits

labc93

3 hours ago, Corvus said:

I'd be surprised if there was a kit change for MN after one year. Though it looks like Orlando changed one kit after their first year. 

Both Orlando and NYCFC had one-off change kits that were announced as such, so they could get on to the every-other-year schedule.   I expect Minnesota to do the same, although I too would be surprised if it was their primary kit. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Red’s not one of their colors, is it?  I know it was a color for their USL club, but I thought they dropped it when they joined MLS. 

Are yellow and blue Rapids colors? Are red and white Earthquakes colors? Is grey an Atlanta color?

Soccer is great in that you can use non-team colors on the change kit. If this can happen elsewhere in MLS, I believe that OC can do it as well.

ExJworW.png

3 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Are yellow and blue Rapids colors? Are red and white Earthquakes colors? Is grey an Atlanta color?

Soccer is great in that you can use non-team colors on the change kit. If this can happen elsewhere in MLS, I believe that OC can do it as well.

I agree, it's fun to see teams use non-team colours. 

I don't think that @Gothamite meant you have to use team colours so much as he was wondering what the reasoning is for red.

To speak to your examples, there is significance to the teams choosing those colours, I think he was just wondering what the significance of red would be in this case.

Then again, I'd like to see a team wear a neon pink kit just "because I think that would be fun to see" and there's no significance tieing that to any club that I can think of. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

17 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Both Orlando and NYCFC had one-off change kits that were announced as such, so they could get on to the every-other-year schedule.   I expect Minnesota to do the same, although I too would be surprised if it was their primary kit. 

Ah, that makes sense. 

Is there a good website for MLS uniform histories? The mothership doesn't really have it. 

2 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

I don't think that @Gothamite meant you have to use team colours so much as he was wondering what the reasoning is for red.

To speak to your examples, there is significance to the teams choosing those colours, I think he was just wondering what the significance of red would be in this case.

Then again, I'd like to see a team wear a neon pink kit just "because I think that would be fun to see" and there's no significance tieing that to any club that I can think of. 

Honestly no significance, I just want to see City in red again really.

ExJworW.png

5 hours ago, Corvus said:

Ah, that makes sense. 

Is there a good website for MLS uniform histories? The mothership doesn't really have it. 

I was going to suggest mlsarchives.com but it looks like it might have fallen down the internet memory hole. It hadn't been updated the last few years, but it had the first 20 years covered, which was great.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Don't have an online link to "source" but the rumor is that Atlanta's new change kit will feature some form of white, peach, and possibly gray. Probably white with peach or peach with white. After this year's change kit (gray and a lighter shade of red...almost strawberry), it seems like the club is open to experimentation but will stick to the stripes primarily at home. I bet some time down the road, we'll see a royal blue kit with yellow trim (city flag). I can get behind unique change kits. They're fun. So long as the main kit remains, I'm good. The team has adopted the nickname "the Five Stripes" so I think that'll be fairly permanent.

7 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Pretty much, yeah.  I was wondering if it still had significance or that was a desire to go off-palette. 

And as for the pink, fingers crossed for Las Vegas Lights FC. 

9524095_web1_lvlights_logodesigncriteria

On 11/5/2017 at 10:19 PM, Gothamite said:

Speaking of NYCFC, the hypnokits are done.  Hearing rumors of a white change kit to replace it. 

This would be fantastic news if true.

City have been wearing their main kit on the road more often, so we haven't seen that hideous change kit much.  But if they have a white set, I'd love to see it in every road game.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

16 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Don't have an online link to "source" but the rumor is that Atlanta's new change kit will feature some form of white, peach, and possibly gray. Probably white with peach or peach with white. After this year's change kit (gray and a lighter shade of red...almost strawberry), it seems like the club is open to experimentation but will stick to the stripes primarily at home. I bet some time down the road, we'll see a royal blue kit with yellow trim (city flag). I can get behind unique change kits. They're fun. So long as the main kit remains, I'm good. The team has adopted the nickname "the Five Stripes" so I think that'll be fairly permanent.

Can confirm. ;) And you're on the right track with the colors...I'd call it "orange and cream", though the team might market it as "peaches and cream".

3 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

For my own part, I like using the clash kit as a true clash kit and not an away kit.  Unless we're playing Kansas City, or Minnesota, I want to see my pigeons wearing City Blue in every match.

I agree with this, especially because their current primary (with either the navy or white shorts) is such a good look that they should wear it as often as possible. I’ve started to feel the same way about my Timbers now that they’ve transitioned full-time to the green and gold primaries. While I’m hoping the Timbers go with kelly green and white hoops for their new secondary kit, I’d still want them to wear the green and gold primaries as often as possible. I also really liked that NYCFC and the Timbers both used clash shorts (and socks in the case of the Timbers) with their primary kits this year to improve the contrast in certain matchups. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 minutes ago, upperV03 said:
18 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

For my own part, I like using the clash kit as a true clash kit and not an away kit.  Unless we're playing Kansas City, or Minnesota, I want to see my pigeons wearing City Blue in every match.

I agree with this, especially because their current primary (with either the navy or white shorts) is such a good look that they should wear it as often as possible. I’ve started to feel the same way about my Timbers now that they’ve transitioned full-time to the green and gold primaries. While I’m hoping the Timbers go with kelly green and white hoops for their new secondary kit, I’d still want them to wear the green and gold primaries as often as possible. I also really liked that NYCFC and the Timbers both used clash shorts (and socks in the case of the Timbers) with their primary kits this year to improve the contrast in certain matchups. 

Well, I suppose that I can agree with the idea of wearing the primary kit whenever possible.  (But, still, I just love white kits for any team. I wish more teams had them. Chelsea's is beautiful.)

By the way, in the first leg of the Red Bulls' tie against Toronto, both teams wore red shorts.  How was this allowed?

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

25 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Well, I suppose that I can agree with the idea of wearing the primary kit whenever possible.  (But, still, I just love white kits for any team. I wish more teams had them. Chelsea's is beautiful.)

By the way, in the first leg of the Red Bulls' tie against Toronto, both teams wore red shorts.  How was this allowed?

Toronto and Red Bulls don't have alternate shorts. Most leagues don't raise a stink about shorts unless the teams have secondaries. The Milan derby is a good example. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived