2018 MLS Kits

labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TaylorMade said:

LAFC's games will only be available locally on YouTube TV? That's madness. 

I think it's 15 of their their home games. And . . . you have to physically be in LA! Apparently the plan is to see how many people are willing to pay $35 for YouTube TV and drop other providers. If there's a bunch that do this could tip off MLB, NBA and NFL about other possible revenue stremas to reach people that want to watch sports but not pay for 150 other channels they don't use.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, hendocfc said:

Created two versions of the FCD kit,based off the teaser photos; one with a fully white chest yoke and the other having a bit of navy on it to get a more literal "Texas flag" look: 

by295XS.pngyPdrHTA.png

Hadn’t thought about the possibility of the white portion being a chest yoke. That seems more practical than my idea about the shirt being red/white halves with navy sleeves, so hopefully you’re right. Granted, a white chest yoke with navy sleeves and a red base still wouldn’t look good, but it wouldn’t be nearly as bad as red and white halves on the front.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Based upon the teaser leak that Conrad posted, it almost seems like MNUFC has an old Philly style large light gray vertical stripe (that matches the gray in the button photo). You can see the same light gray in the upper left in the image, while the rest of the gray is darker.

The lighting in the new teaser image makes the collar look like the lighter gray, but it’s actually the same darker color as the base. Look at the collar under Calvo’s jacket in this video from MLS Media Day:

Even though the collar is barely visible, you can see that it matches the color of the jacket, which is also the base color of the new kit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Saw a picture on twitter (seemed to be from FCD's Instagram story,although they've removed it since) which indicated the white area stopped just below the crest,hence the yoke

Just saw this on Twitter; hadn't seen it before. I had thought Texas flag, but now, I have no idea. 

5 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Saw a picture on twitter (seemed to be from FCD's Instagram story,although they've removed it since) which indicated the white area stopped just below the crest,hence the yoke

Phew, dodged a bullet there. Had they gone with full Texas flag halves on the shirt, it would’ve looked absolutely terrible. A yoke won’t be quite as bad.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Created two versions of the FCD kit,based off the teaser photos; one with a fully white chest yoke and the other having a bit of navy on it to get a more literal "Texas flag" look: 

FDve8sC.pngm03PQl2.png

The one on the right fits one of this year's adidas designs. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The lighting in the new teaser image makes the collar look like the lighter gray, but it’s actually the same darker color as the base. Look at the collar under Calvo’s jacket in this video from MLS Media Day:

Even though the collar is barely visible, you can see that it matches the color of the jacket, which is also the base color of the new kit.

Great catch! Okay, knowing that, I'm predicting the wing is back!!!! They do have a history of a red button, too. So I'm a design like this, but with the wing going the other way:

5cf9045c620161a06d7c8f1312b0c722.jpg

3 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Which one are you talking about? If it's the Regista 18 with the yoke + chest stripe,well then that looks more similar to the one on the left...

You're right, I was thinking of a Joma design. Their gear this year seems to mimic adidas and Nike big time. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Which one are you talking about? If it's the Regista 18 with the yoke + chest stripe,well then that looks more similar to the one on the left...

He might be thinking of the Assita 17 keeper shirt:

adidas-assita.JPG

If so, there’s no way the new FCD shirt would be based on a crappy teamwear keeper shirt template.

Edit- Nevermind, he responded above.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Great catch! Okay, knowing that, I'm predicting the wing is back!!!! They do have a history of a red button, too. So I'm a design like this, but with the wing going the other way:

Yeah, I could definitely see the wing being back. And in addition to being flipped the other way, the teaser image that Conrad posted would seem to suggest that the wing would be the lighter shade of gray.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, hendocfc said:

So... would being on the right side of the shirt as it's worn make it a "right wing"? Not the ideal choice for a kit,given the state of world politics...

No, it would line up with how the flag of Texas is presented when displayed. The US flag would sit the same way. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

He might be thinking of the Assita 17 keeper shirt:

adidas-assita.JPG

If so, there’s no way the new FCD shirt would be based on a crappy teamwear keeper shirt template.

Edit- Nevermind, he responded above.

Nope! You're right, this is what I was thinking of, though I had thought there was a field player version of it. Joma does not have a split version this year. I think they did last year though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived