labc93

2018 MLS Kits

I really don't like that Dallas kit. Not sure what they were gong for. If it was supposed to be a Texas flag theme, they failed. That doesn't look like FC Dallas at all.

My only change would be to make the Adidas logo blue to help with some color balance on the chest. Otherwise, I think it'll look pretty good as a full uniform with the blue socks.

Looks a lot like that Revs away kit from a few years back. Nice of NE and FCD to share more than just irrelevance in their local markets.

6 minutes ago, Digby said:

Looks a lot like that Revs away kit from a few years back. Nice of NE and FCD to share more than just irrelevance in their local markets.

tenor.gif?itemid=8269968

tenor.gif?itemid=5143507

tenor.gif?itemid=9210948

I thought the mockup with the blue/white yoke was really cool. Bummer they didn't do that.

Here’s a couple looks at the full Dallas kit:

1517509600-2018-FCD-Jersey-Reveal-Full1s

1517509539-2018-FCD-Jersey-Reveal-Full2.

They go from having one of their best primary kits (IMO), to easily one of their worst. Regardless of whether or not the owner likes the hoops, they really need to bring ‘em back.

It's like FC Dallas is hellbent on ensuring I'll never buy their shirt.

15 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The original template is from raysox, but yeah, I can provide you with a copy of my edited version. I’ll work on getting a blank version for you here in the next couple days, and shoot you a PM with it. And yeah, feel free to use those mockups if you want. Just use my screen name here and my actual name, which is Jonah Henderson.

Here ya go. Thanks again!

https://www.epluribusloonum.com/2018/2/2/16962660/what-will-the-new-minnesota-united-kit-jersey-look-like

I like Dallas' socks. Other than that, not so much. 

It's very strange that LAFC plays their first friendly in less than hour, yet we still have no pictures of their kit (home shorts/socks aside). I understand the lack of a jersey sponsor has delayed the release of their kits, but hot damn.

Remember when Dallas was all about calling themselves "the Hoops"?  Seems that they don't.

19 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

It's very strange that LAFC plays their first friendly in less than hour, yet we still have no pictures of their kit (home shorts/socks aside). I understand the lack of a jersey sponsor has delayed the release of their kits, but hot damn.

It's a closed-door friendly, isn't it?  They'll probably wear training shirts.  That's what NYCFC did with theirs, although it was against a college team and not another MLS club.

DU6_uB8W4AAfKOH.jpg

But yeah, it's crazy that they had enough time to build a stadium but haven't unveiled their kits.

2 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Most jersey releases fall in Early-Mid February. However nearly every MLS team plays their preseason friendlies in their training shirts with numbers. SKC, for example, wears training tops and shorts with our real socks. Atleast they have the past few seasons

22 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

It's a closed-door friendly, isn't it?  They'll probably wear training shirts.  That's what NYCFC did with theirs, although it was against a college team and not another MLS club.

But yeah, it's crazy that they had enough time to build a stadium but haven't unveiled their kits.

Just confirmed with someone at the match. LAFC is indeed wearing their grey training kits. Booo.

5 minutes ago, Saathoff said:

Most jersey releases fall in Early-Mid February. However nearly every MLS team plays their preseason friendlies in their training shirts with numbers. SKC, for example, wears training tops and shorts with our real socks. Atleast they have the past few seasons

Brand new teams tend to release their stuff early so fans can get their hands on it long before the first game. MLS was doing a jersey reveal week in January the last few years but let teams pick their own timeline this year. 

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a couple looks at the full Dallas kit:

1517509600-2018-FCD-Jersey-Reveal-Full1s

1517509539-2018-FCD-Jersey-Reveal-Full2.

They go from having one of their best primary kits (IMO), to easily one of their worst. Regardless of whether or not the owner likes the hoops, they really need to bring ‘em back.

The top looks like a training top, not an in-game jersey. Complete head-scratcher.

1 hour ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Same guy who commented on seeing the jersey said this:

Hmm, interesting. I’m thinking my first mockup (see below) will be pretty close to the real thing, although the stripes I used might be a touch too thick.

b8orUYN.jpg