2018 MLS Kits

labc93

13 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Hmm, interesting. I’m thinking my first mockup (see below) will be pretty close to the real thing, although the stripes I used might be a touch too thick.

b8orUYN.jpg

I predict a negative reaction from fans of the Loons.  Every one I know has been awaiting the return of the Wing.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

MLS was doing a jersey reveal week in January

The last Jersey Week was in late February / early March.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Brand new teams tend to release their stuff early so fans can get their hands on it long before the first game. MLS was doing a jersey reveal week in January the last few years but let teams pick their own timeline this year. 

Same applied to last season for release dates. It's truly up to the clubs. 

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

19 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Here's what LA wore in their closed-door preseason match,  Gray training shirts, as promised:

DVED3jGVwAAPsk4.jpg

Those are the match socks, but the shorts will have gold stripes, right?

That’s correct, here’s what the match shorts look like:

DUAsnQKWAAMc6RP?format=jpg

They wore both the training shirts and shorts for today’s preseason game, which is the same as what Minnesota did for the majority of their preseason games last year:

AS7B5389.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Walkentall27 said:

NYCFC's new away kit is all over reddit and twitter . Some store appears to have put the kit up early...msw24l9p3xd01.jpg

https://twitter.com/dawgz__/status/959632482084810752?ref_src=twcamp^copy|twsrc^android|twgr^copy|twcon^7090|twterm^1

I don't necessarily dislike that, but I can't help but feel a bit underwhelmed by them just recoloring the new Colombia home shirt, especially when I was hoping (and somewhat expecting) for them to use some sort of bespoke graphic pattern, possibly inspired by the NYC skyline. Their secondary kits are where they can afford to push the boundaries a little bit, and this just leaves a lot to be desired in that department. I do still like the color scheme though, even though it's fairly similar to MNUFC.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, ManuelCh said:

First time posting in this forum and I gotta say that NYCFC kit it's a little underwhelming. I Made this kit a few days ago based on the colors on their profile pic on Twitter. 59KlHjG_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

That’s not bad (though it looks a little dark on my phone), but all their promotional materials have been gray and sky blue for over a month now.  They were telegraphing the color scheme pretty hard. 

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here's a clearer look at the replica version of the new NYCFC shirt:

DVHE-a9WsAED8LT.jpg:large

Since Juventus has this exact shirt listed as a pre match shirt for next season, I would be this is a pre match shirt for NYFC and we’ll probably see every MLS team with something like this. Just a hunch though 

14 minutes ago, Jarred Revolver said:

Since Juventus has this exact shirt listed as a pre match shirt for next season, I would be this is a pre match shirt for NYFC and we’ll probably see every MLS team with something like this. Just a hunch though 

Aside from speical occasions, MLS clubs generally don’t have designated pre-match shirts and instead just use their training shirts for that purpose. Plus, the leaked NYCFC replica jersey has the MLS badge on the sleeve, which is something that training gear, travel gear, anthem jackets, etc. don’t have. I’d say it’s definitely their new secondary.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Aside from speical occasions, MLS clubs generally don’t have designated pre-match shirts and instead just use their training shirts for that purpose. Plus, the leaked NYCFC replica jersey has the MLS badge on the sleeve, which is something that training gear, travel gear, anthem jackets, etc. don’t have. I’d say it’s definitely their new secondary.

The real question is are there gonna be any other teams using this as a kit design? Adidas is using it on Juventus, MUFC and Real Madrid training kits. Are they just gonna rip this off an throw it on other clubs? 

Archived