2018 MLS Kits

labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Thats just retrofitted marketing speak designed to support the choices already made.  You’re not supposed to actually take it seriously. 

Maybe so, but still better than just "we want it to be this colour, so deal with."  

3 minutes ago, mnufcfan said:

Have a picture of the Minnesota United replica kit that I found at the Downtown Target location- although I am new to this site and can't figure out how to attach an image to the post if someone can help

You can't upload images directly to the boards anymore. You'll have to upload to a third-party hosting site like Imgur and then copy the URL for the image and paste it in the reply box (it should automatically embed the image).

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Of their four MLS Championships (1998, 2000, 2003, 2006), the first and third were doubles (Open Cup and Supporters' Shield, respectively).

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Their first championship (1998) was a double with the US Open Cup.  Presume that's what they mean, since they also have a 20-year logo for it.  Maybe they're not counting the stars in a linear row, but working outward from the center?

Is is rather appropriate that they have four championships to commemorate.

They only have one MLS championship (1998). They have four Open Cup titles (‘98, ‘00, ‘03, and ‘06), and one Supporters’ Shield (‘03).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Can confirm that's legit; authentic has the henley collar with the red button as in the teasers. No stripes on the back.

Also, the crest on the authentic won’t be contained in the black shield shape.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Houston as well:

houston-dynamo-2018-away-kit-2.jpg

Looks like my source’s description wasn’t entirely accurate. I actually like this version better though, as the chest stripe is a nice nod to the Astros’ tequila sunrise design. I will say though that the Adidas logo would look better if it was orange.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived