2018 MLS Kits

labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Houston as well:

houston-dynamo-2018-away-kit-2.jpg

Looks like my source’s description wasn’t entirely accurate. I actually like this version better though, as the chest stripe is a nice nod to the Astros’ tequila sunrise design. I will say though that the Adidas logo would look better if it was orange.

I like it but it's so limited in the sense it is just the chest stripe. I'd love to see Houston put the Tequila sunrise on their whole orange jersey similar in vein to this fake they leaked last year

houston-dynamo-accidentally-leaks-fake-2

3 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Disappointing. I actually like the sash set better and I wasn’t really a fan of that either. Don’t like the vertical adidas stripes coinciding with the double gray stripes. If the adidas stripes were on the shoulders it wouldn’t be a bad set.

yeah. I was thinking it was the Astros rainbow jersey. nice homage.

and good catch.  once again, they use a template jersey. The 2016 black jersey had the German chevron pattern.

kinda wished they had a patterned, sublimated hoop like the other new MLS releases.

Houston looks good even if a sponsor will ruin it. One example of a recycle still seeming fresh enough.

Toronto is a safe choice but those colors just work so well. Really hope they do dark gray shorts. (Could do without the pattern but at least it’s subtle.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Houston as well:

I hate hate hate that they put the Texas flag on their jerseys.  They’re neither the only club in Texas or in the state capital; it’s arrogant to try to claim the state. 

Houston has a fine flag that could be adapted the way NYCFC adapted the New York flag. And it’s even a good shade of blue if they wanted to do a Space Blue color-swap. 

rawImage.jpg

10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I believe so. I think I read somewhere awhile ago that it’s only offered when leaving PDX, but I could be wrong on that.

They do that for flights leaving Seattle and Russell Wilson/Seahawks gear. I think it's kind of dopey, to be honest.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, Mockba said:

I still want my wing back. *pout*

I understand the desire to bring that design back. I loved that wing jersey, too. But, on a practical level, would it even work with the big Target logo in the center? I can't see it working without severely minimizing the sponsor logo, which the club would never do. 

25 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I understand the desire to bring that design back. I loved that wing jersey, too. But, on a practical level, would it even work with the big Target logo in the center? I can't see it working without severely minimizing the sponsor logo, which the club would never do. 

I mocked it up last year. I think it works just fine. Even works with blue wings.

DS9sQYOVAAAO-7X.jpg DTC0B2CUMAA676t.jpg

37 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

11 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I mocked it up last year. I think it works just fine. Even works with blue wings.

They could also make the wing smaller and restrict it to one of the lower corners of the shirt, like so:

98sjttV.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Houston as well:

Looks like my source’s description wasn’t entirely accurate. I actually like this version better though, as the chest stripe is a nice nod to the Astros’ tequila sunrise design. I will say though that the Adidas logo would look better if it was orange.

12 hours ago, ManuelCh said:

To me it looks like Adidas recycled this Bayern design to make that Dynamo Jersey. mw8nNE3_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

If it is a recycle, it's an apt recycle and was bound to happen. Beautiful nonetheless. 

2 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

DS9sQYOVAAAO-7X.jpg 

46-gifs-to-celebrate-gary-barlows-46th-b

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

15 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Houston as well:

this also looks to be a lighter shade of black, not flat black like the 2016 jersey.  could just be the lighting.

Leak of the SKC away shirt:

sporting-kc-2018-away-kit-2.jpg

sporting-kc-2018-away-kit-3.jpg

Dissapointing, IMO. Instead of having the tonal argyle as the jocktag and back neck graphic, they should’ve had it on the chest. As it is, it’s just a plain black shirt with silver accents. It doesn’t look bad, but it’s definitely not up to par with the standard they’ve set for their kits in recent years.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

NYCFC away officially unveiled:

kdYubdR.jpgAgain, not bad, and in fact I’m leaning more towards liking it because of the color scheme, but it’s dissapointing there couldn’t be some sort of bespoke graphic pattern instead of recycling the Colombia design.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

IANAAthletic apparel designer, but...

... it really feels like Adidas said "look, we're really focused on World Cup designs this year, so... here's the graphics we're working on/have used lately, pick what you want to work off of. I know we've had some template heavy seasons before but lately designs have felt pretty bespoke, and certainly hypokits -> wings is about as extreme of an example as possible when it comes to swapping bespoke design for lazy templating.

Archived