2018 MLS Kits

labc93

And they’re (NYCFC) using blue names and numbers??‍♂️ We could’ve done it in just gray and blue...without recycling Colombia’s kit...and it would’ve looked great.

http://www.mlsstore.com/New_York_City_FC_Jerseys/Mens_New_York_City_FC_David_Villa_adidas_Gray_2018_Secondary_Authentic_Player_Jersey

(can’t post pictures for some reason)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Digby said:

Leaving aside the design-recycling issues, I wish the graphic element was placed lower on the torso. The shirt is too unbalanced for me to be really wild about it -- the top half is so crowded while the bottom half is so empty.

liverpool-32.jpg

I wonder if we see the Mexico kit template used for LAFC, either home or away.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I hate hate hate that they put the Texas flag on their jerseys.  They’re neither the only club in Texas or in the state capital; it’s arrogant to try to claim the state. 

Houston has a fine flag that could be adapted the way NYCFC adapted the New York flag. And it’s even a good shade of blue if they wanted to do a Space Blue color-swap. 

rawImage.jpg

9/10 Houstonians couldn't even tell you what our city flag looked like. Your complaint about the use of the Texas flag are valid, but it appease most of the public here way more than throwing on a flag people wont recognize.

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Houston as well:

houston-dynamo-2018-away-kit-2.jpg

Looks like my source’s description wasn’t entirely accurate. I actually like this version better though, as the chest stripe is a nice nod to the Astros’ tequila sunrise design. I will say though that the Adidas logo would look better if it was orange.

I guess this means that BHP Billiton's jersey sponsorship deal has ended. Insert your ad here please.

15 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

9/10 Houstonians couldn't even tell you what our city flag looked like. Your complaint about the use of the Texas flag are valid, but it appease most of the public here way more than throwing on a flag people wont recognize.

Plus every major city in Texas seems to embrace the star in their indivisual flags and some variation of blue or red. If you want to appeal to fans outside of Houston, slap the Texas flag on it and it sells. Can't explain why, it just does.that's why the Rangers got rid of the superior sheriff's badge and went to the state flag on the sleeves.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Latest Rapids teaser:

DVXhGhkV4AEFciL?format=jpg

And here’s all of the teaser images, resaturated to show the possible colors:

ZZf3fDd.jpg

mWIFtXN.jpgs8v29qD.jpgCMAzclp.jpg

Based on these resaturated images (which are from Reddit), it looks like light blue shorts are possible, in addition to light blue Adidas stripes, cuffs, and collar piping.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I guess this means that BHP Billiton's jersey sponsorship deal has ended. Insert your ad here please.

yep!  BHP Bilton is struggling.  Right after they officially moved into the new office building, they announced spinning off the shale assets.  :o  Speculation was not renewing the marketing deal and sure enough....

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Oil-companies-salivate-for-BHP-Billiton-s-shale-11952483.php

48 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Don't Colorado usually wear white shorts? Maybe they'll keep them...

Usually, yes. And over the last several years they’ve had white sleeves, but they’re going back to burgundy sleeves this time around. Considering that, I could definitely see them going with light blue shorts instead of white to really distance themselves from the Gunners’ classic home look. That said, this is all just speculation based on the Reddit poster’s resaturation of the teaser images, so the shorts could just as easily be white.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Another, clearer look at the full SKC secondary:

Really dissapointing that it’s essentially just a plain black kit. It just doesn’t have the same uniqueness that we’ve become accustomed to with SKC’s kits in recent years. The same can be said, to a lesser extent, with their current home kit as well. And sure, the new secondary has the little argyle details as the jocktag and on the back neck, but they’re hardly noticeable and seem almost like an afterthought.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Leak of the SKC away shirt:

sporting-kc-2018-away-kit-2.jpg

sporting-kc-2018-away-kit-3.jpg

Dissapointing, IMO. Instead of having the tonal argyle as the jocktag and back neck graphic, they should’ve had it on the chest. As it is, it’s just a plain black shirt with silver accents. It doesn’t look bad, but it’s definitely not up to par with the standard they’ve set for their kits in recent years.

Agreed. No personality whatsoever. I'm not against simplicity, but why not use Sporting indigo instead of black? 

3 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

See, that's an even better reason to put Houston's flag on the Dynamo's uniform.

Definitely one of the lesser SKC aways in the post-rebrand era. It's fine, but nothing spectacular. Normally that would be okay, but Sporting KC's kits have typically been spectacular or better. I doubt these will be hard to come by like the black argyle jerseys were.

nI4UrRH.jpg

45 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Definitely one of the lesser SKC aways in the post-rebrand era. It's fine, but nothing spectacular. Normally that would be okay, but Sporting KC's kits have typically been spectacular or better. I doubt these will be hard to come by like the black argyle jerseys were.

nI4UrRH.jpg

A freaking classic. 

Leak of the San Jose away:

san-jose-earthquakes-2018-away-kit-2.jpg

san-jose-earthquakes-2018-away-kit-3.jpg

Count me as a fan of this one. Love that graphic print, as it fits nicely with their current brand, and could be interpreted as a subtle tribute to the old “Clash” brand as well. I would’ve liked it even more had they used some of the old Clash colors, but it’s still pretty nice as is.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived